What would mean?
Screenshot_2018-06-12-15-36-18-381_com.android.chrome.png
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. ESC means Electronic Speed Controller which translates a pilot's controls into precise instructions sent to the motors to control movement. In this case, there might be an issue on the ESC board that's why there is not enough force for the motors to fly. Please send your drone for repair by following this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
2018-6-12
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

The battery drain is faster than normal.
I guess one of the motors are obstructed by something.
Try turning them by hand, one at a time.
2018-6-12
Use props
fans6b362b52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134905 ft
Italy

thanks a lot for fast replay...i will go out now and try a new fligth
2018-6-12
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft

I got the same error messages yesterday, in sports mode. Let us know if/how you resolve the issue.
2018-6-13
Use props
fans6b362b52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134905 ft
Italy

Now here is a bad weather.
I will try soon a new Flight
2018-6-13
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

paulhummerman Posted at 2018-6-13 08:31
I got the same error messages yesterday, in sports mode. Let us know if/how you resolve the issue.

This was my recent post in the same issue;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1403805

Probably time for you to send ‘er in.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

paulhummerman Posted at 2018-6-13 08:31

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to ask what is the current firmware of your aircraft and remote controller?
2018-6-13
Use props
TShiro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2538550 ft
United States

I think I may have found an idea of what's going on with Air Data regarding the "Not Enough Force / ESC Error" message that has been occurring. I believe Air Data has only recently added this notification in, as people are only seeing it and discussing it now (your post was the first one ever that discussed this exact notification), whereas if it shown up more frequently in the past, there would've likely been a post made about it.

Anyway on to what I think is the answer.
After doing a flight with my iPad's screen recording feature and flying my drone in sport mode (somewhat aggressively), I was able to achieve that message that we are all trying to figure out. Using my screen recording, I crosschecked the time stamp on my recording to the first instance of the "Not Enough Force / ESC Error" notification, this happened at about 1:33 into the flight (As shown in my screenshot). I checked what happened during that time in the screen recording, which showed a "Max Motor Speed" notification at the top of the screen, (blurred for privacy). I am almost certain that the "Not Enough Force" notifications correlate directly with the "Max Motor Speed" message on the DJI app.
I double checked this by checking other instances of the "Not Enough Force" message at different times, all of which displayed "Max Motor Speed"

With that information, I took the .DAT files from my aircraft, and loaded them up in CsView to view other information gathered by the aircraft during that flight. I closely inspected my motor speeds since a maximum motor speed was obviously reached, based on the message from the DJI Go App. I have attached the motor speed graph below. The x-axis is in seconds while the y-axis is in RPM.
Something to note here is that Air Data starts a log everytime the motors on the craft are started while CsView starts a log everytime the aircraft is powered on, so the reasons why my motors start at 121-seconds is because I had a flight previously. To calculate the time difference, you would just subtract 104 - 32 = 88-seconds. Thus, the CsView graph has timestamps that are 88-seconds ahead of the Air Data timestamps, so this needs to be kept in mind.

Anyway, Air Data states that I had a "Not Enough Force" notification at 1:33 or about 93-seconds. Adding 93seconds + 88seconds = 181seconds (give or take a couple seconds since timestamps are not down to the exact second).
Looking at the CsView plot, we can see that around 180-ish seconds, the motors reached a peal speed of 10,057 RPM, hence the "Max Motor Speed Reached" message through the DJI Go app. However, I could not find a consistent speed at which the motors will yield that message, sometimes it displayed at 9300 RPM, other times at 9600 RPM, however, I noticed that the "Not Enough Force" message would only be present when the motors exceeded an RPM of around 9300 or so.

So with all this information, it seems that the ESC is telling the motor to spin faster, however the motors have reached a physical limitation in speed (which could be caused by air density, aerosols within the air which you are flying, or other variances), and cannot spin any faster, therefore throwing an ESC error through Air Data. (it's hard to explain over text)

Using CsView, I was also able to see the Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Motor information, and how it correlates to the motor speeds, I noticed that extremely high RPM's also directly correlated with PWM values that were >95%.
This above statement may not make sens to everyone, slight research about Pulse Wide Modulations and their connection with ESC's is necessary.

So question to the DJI folks: Is there a definitive number at which a "Max Motor Speed Reached" message will display?
Or will the Max Motor speed vary based on weather condition such as air density, density altitude, pressure, etc?
(I would assume it does)

Overall, with the information I have attached, and the correlations that have been identified, it may not be a physical error, but rather one caused by environmental effects or aircraft limitations.
2018-6-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

TShiro Posted at 2018-6-20 04:13
I think I may have found an idea of what's going on with Air Data regarding the "Not Enough Force / ESC Error" message that has been occurring. I believe Air Data has only recently added this notification in, as people are only seeing it and discussing it now (your post was the first one ever that discussed this exact notification), whereas if it shown up more frequently in the past, there would've likely been a post made about it.

Anyway on to what I think is the answer.

All this explanation is not at all required.  What we understand by "Max speed reached"means the AC is not able to keep up with the user flight inputs at a particular height  level due to the wind conditions on that moment.  just lower the AC and see if the same error persists.
2018-6-20
Use props
TShiro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2538550 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-6-20 06:50
All this explanation is not at all required.  What we understand by "Max speed reached"means the AC is not able to keep up with the user flight inputs at a particular height  level due to the wind conditions on that moment.  just lower the AC and see if the same error persists.

[UPDATE]
Air Data put out an update and fixed the issue. This is quoted from an email from Air Data:

--

Hi,

Just to update - we fixed this issue. The ESC errors will now show correctly and only where applicable. All the previous flights have been fixed as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

--

They also fixed flight logs that showed an ESC error.
2018-6-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

TShiro Posted at 2018-6-22 16:34
Air Data put out an update and fixed the issue. This is quoted from an email from Air Data:

--

great       !
2018-6-22
Use props
alpsungu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72861 ft
United States

Same thing has happened to me today. I can understand but my Mavic 2 Pro drifted away from me.
It flew away into the woods and the controls did not help it to bring it back. Also when I hit return to home button, it did not come back.
I gave half power with the sticks and it slowly came back.
By the way I was flying at the Blue Ridge mountains, NC
311ED7E5-413A-47CA-9E80-618AEFFBEB12.jpeg
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules