Records video but nothing shows on phone after update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

I just updated the phone app, remote firmware and phantom 3 pro firmware, and now I don't get images on the phone anymore.  I can fly the drone.  i can record stills and video to the card on the drone.  The video signal on the app shows as strong, but nothing shows up on the phone.

app 3.1.38
version 1.11.20
remote controller 1.9.2

I tried reconnecting the controller and drone a few times.  No change.  Tried different usb cables. no change.

Any ideas?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. May I know what mobile device you are using? Also, can you provide us a sample image so that we can further review it? If it is working before, have you tried using a different cable? Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try refreshing the firmware.
2018-6-12
Use props
Dodge Phantom
lvl.1

United States

Hi to all I am having the same issues as the above . Mine new out of the box that's been setting about 2 years brand new. I did as stated in the set up manual to a tee. ,Did all updates to all and ran threw set up process And have never saw no image on phone screen . But can view photos and video off card on computer with no issues .  Mine is App3.1.38  , version 1.11.20  , Controller 1.9.2.. . If this my phone or a camera issue getting to hot and burn out camera board. Any help for us both would be great
                                    Thanks
2018-6-12
Use props
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

2018-6-13
Use props
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

i tried switching cables, with no change.

I tried to load the update on the drone again and it failed.  Is there a way to clear the current firmware to reinstall, or what?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

spencer snygg Posted at 2018-6-13 10:33
i tried switching cables, with no change.

I tried to load the update on the drone again and it failed.  Is there a way to clear the current firmware to reinstall, or what?

Thank you for your response. May I know what mobile device you are using?
2018-6-13
Use props
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

@DJI Natalia It's a Samsung Galaxy S5.  I used it it with no problems before the upgrade.  (thought it was a couple months ago.  I don't know if any other weird autoupgrades forced an incompatibility).

I just tried reinstalling the filrmware on the drone and it failed.  I don't know if it failed because it's already on there or what.  I didn't make any firmware upgrades until now since I first bought the drone a long time ago.  I figured "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  But an "upgrade" got forced onto the phone and that caused all sorts of warnings, so I went with the rest of the upgrade and now things don't work.  I saw an online tutorial saying that you can't upgrade the firmware striaght from factory to the current version - that you had to go in steps.  I saw this after I did the latest upgrade - which seemed to fail, but shows up as there in the app, and the drone still flies and takes pictures- they just don't show up on the phone.

Any ideas?  Can I somehow clear the firmware or repair the firmware in some way other than the regular install?  (loading the file onto the base layer of the card, inserting it into the drone and then turingin on the drone and letting things happen.)  

I tried the firmware upgrade using two different cards, both of which had been previously been used on the drone - both of which still record video from the drone fine.  Both resulted in the solid red light and solid beep after like ten seconds.  The error message in the log file is the same every time.  SOmething like "resultes: Failed.   Reboot the drone and try again"  

ideas?
2018-6-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Have you tried just a reset of the camera settings? - was wondering if your ev -2 is fooling something so the thing looks black.
2018-6-13
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3661 ft
Switzerland

i had the same issue. i also noticed that it requires cell phone wireless enabled otherwise it would not record the home point. I reverted back to the older version
2018-6-14
Use props
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

Hawk2 Posted at 2018-6-14 00:36
i had the same issue. i also noticed that it requires cell phone wireless enabled otherwise it would not record the home point. I reverted back to the older version

I don't have problems with it recording a new home point.  But the idea of getting rid of the update is appealing.  How do you revert back to the old version?  Do you just put in a copy of the old firmware on a chip and stick it in, or is there something else involved?  Any ideas on where to get the matching software for the cell phone and controller or does it work for you fine with reverting just the firmware for the craft?
2018-6-14
Use props
spencer snygg
lvl.1

United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-13 19:00
Have you tried just a reset of the camera settings? - was wondering if your ev -2 is fooling something so the thing looks black.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried.  I thought "maybe the image is just dark", but nope.  No image shows up on the cell phone.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules