DJI Care refresh Q
1206 10 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HEATYBOB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys,I cant seen to find a e'mail adress to get an answer off DJI so hoped someone here could clarify something,

So Im going to buy an Air,I've found a company called Eglobalcentral,they are an online retailer  based in Honk Kong by all accounts but have warehouses presumably around the world,certainly they have one in Manchester UK, part of the script on DJI t&c ref Care-refresh say's......DJI care refresh and the coresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.DJI Care refresh only supports aircraft purchased from official or aurthorised channels and its benefits are only eligable in the region it was purchaced.

What in your valued opinion does this mean exactly, if I bought the drone from a HK company via the internet,if the worst happened would I be covered?,I mean they all come from China dont they?

Many tnx in advance peeps.
2018-6-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

DJI states that all drones purchased are covered by DJI Care Refresh only in the Country of Origin. So if you purchase the drone online and it's shipped to you from another Country then technically where you receive the product is deemed as the Country of Origin, so yes you can purchase DJI Care Refresh and it would cover your drone.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for choosing DJI. I understand that you want to purchase a drone and wants to have the DJI Care Refresh on your drone. Let me help you with this. I would suggest that you purchase the drone in the UK so that there will be no problem in having your DJI Care Refresh for the drone. One of the requirements needed to have the DJI Care Refresh is to have a physical address in the same region where you have purchased the drone.  I will be providing you a link on the terms of service for the DJI Care Refresh for additional reference.

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s5

Thank you
2018-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-12 12:07
DJI states that all drones purchased are covered by DJI Care Refresh only in the Country of Origin. So if you purchase the drone online and it's shipped to you from another Country then technically where you receive the product is deemed as the Country of Origin, so yes you can purchase DJI Care Refresh and it would cover your drone.

David, are you sure about that?  I though someone posted here about having problems getting DJI Care coverage, when their drone was bought outside of their home country.  Maybe it was DJI warranty coverage instead?
2018-6-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buy it in the UK from an authorised dealer. Not only care refresh but your warranty will be impacted too.

The best UK based official DJI dealers are: -

Apple
Curry's
Jessops
London Camera Exchange
John Lewis
Selfridges

2018-6-12
Use props
HEATYBOB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-12 12:14
Hi. Thank you for choosing DJI. I understand that you want to purchase a drone and wants to have the DJI Care Refresh on your drone. Let me help you with this. I would suggest that you purchase the drone in the UK so that there will be no problem in having your DJI Care Refresh for the drone. One of the requirements needed to have the DJI Care Refresh is to have a physical address in the same region where you have purchased the drone.  I will be providing you a link on the terms of service for the DJI Care Refresh for additional reference.

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s5

Stephen yeah I read that but couldn't grasp just exactly what it meant hence the question, to strip it back to the bare bones if I bought an Air online from my living room here in the UK of an internet  company (of which there are many) based outside the UK (ie HK) ,then i bought DJI Care again from my living room would I be covered,?

David and Hedge Trimmer,tnx for your contribution.
2018-6-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-12 12:17
David, are you sure about that?  I though someone posted here about having problems getting DJI Care coverage, when their drone was bought outside of their home country.  Maybe it was DJI warranty coverage instead?

You can buy the drone from outside your home country, but it's where you take possession of the drone that determines your Country of Origin. Technically we're all buying the Mavic Pro from DJI in China but if the authorized retailer does not have a presence in your home country where you take possession of the drone then your drone is eligible for DJI Care Refresh. Remind you that DJI drones are all programmed in English and there's no software running in a foreign language that would conflict with one Country over another like typically we see with smart devices, so you don't have to worry about incompatibility issues surrounding the Mavic Pro. DJI uses the example - if you are travelling outside of your home Country and purchase the drone in the Country you're traveling in but return back to your home Country, then DJI Care Refresh is only eligible in that Country of Origin where you purchased the drone. Again, it's not the Country where the drone came from, it is physically where you transacted the purchase to take ownership of the drone that determines DJI Care Refresh.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-12 13:37
You can buy the drone from outside your home country, but it's where you take possession of the drone that determines your Country of Origin. Technically we're all buying the Mavic Pro from DJI in China but if the authorized retailer does not have a presence in your home country where you take possession of the drone then your drone is eligible for DJI Care Refresh. Remind you that DJI drones are all programmed in English and there's no software running in a foreign language that would conflict with one Country over another like typically we see with smart devices, so you don't have to worry about incompatibility issues surrounding the Mavic Pro. DJI uses the example - if you are travelling outside of your home Country and purchase the drone in the Country you're traveling in but return back to your home Country, then DJI Care Refresh is only eligible in that Country of Origin where you purchased the drone. Again, it's not the Country where the drone came from, it is physically where you transacted the purchase to take ownership of the drone that determines DJI Care Refresh.

Your correct, also your warranty will only be taken care of in the country you purchased, so buy in the US bring home toUK, something goes wrong , you will have to ship at your own expense back to US for warranty issues.
2018-6-12
Use props
HEATYBOB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So in summery guys, and with the above in mind, My "country of Origin" would be the UK as that as David say's above would be where I "transacted the purchase" so I would be eligable for DJI care-refresh.

Again thanks for being patient and your input.
2018-6-13
Use props
plonsdale
New

United Kingdom

HEATYBOB Posted at 2018-6-13 00:36
So in summery guys, and with the above in mind, My "country of Origin" would be the UK as that as David say's above would be where I "transacted the purchase" so I would be eligable for DJI care-refresh.

Again thanks for being patient and your input.

Did you get an answer to your question?
2018-8-18
Use props
HEATYBOB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

plonsdale Posted at 2018-8-18 13:25
Did you get an answer to your question?

In all honesty Plonsdale I took the answer derived from the contributions above, as a Yes though I took the decision/Gamble (delete word depending if pessimist or Optimist,or just plain tight !) not to get Refresh.
I just thought £ for refresh,then £ for replacing drone against flying sensibly and carefully,if it went wrong then hopefully less£ for repair.
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules