Being charged $700+ for a repair, less than 2 weeks after purchase?!
11794 7 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandmansndr
lvl.1
United States

I bought the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2 3 weeks ago but was only able to fly it for 1 week. I was flying in an open area and roughly a minute into the flight at ~100 ft altitude I switched to speed mode and one propellor got dislodged, sending it spiraling down to the ground. It was a terrifying experience with an even worse aftermath!

I sent the drone over to DJI repair, requesting that the warranty covers it. I did the pre-flight checklist to make sure all was set prior to take-off.
DJI is claiming the crash was due to operator error, but I refuse to believe that. If the blades were improperly attached, It shouldn't even be able to take-off and fly for a full minute!

I also refuse to be charged $700, after already having spent close to $3000 on this company!
Customer service has been sub-par as I've had to wait 45+ minutes and my call got dropped twice.

How do I dispute this decision and talk to someone who can actually help their customers??

This has been nothing but a nightmare and I've never regretted a purchase as much as this one.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your aircraft. Would you please send me a PM and provide me the case id so that I can further assist you? Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Evidently the prop was not fully positioned.  Do you remove them after every flight?
2018-6-12
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is a tricky one for DJI to sort out. I hope they help you find a resolution. Please let us know how it all turns out.
2018-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please give @DJI Natalia your info as she has already requested and she will look into this difficult matter for you.

Sorry to read about your drone’s accident. But certainly looking forward to reading about its resolve.

Have you already posted the flight LOG, of that dreadful last mission aloft?
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Best wishes. Please report back, with the eventual resolve. Thanks

RedHotPoker

2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We understand how you feel, very sorry for what happened and the unpleasant experience with our customer support. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1861646-Y5M3P5, your concern has been escalated to the designated department to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you after verification, please wait patiently, thank you.
For the call got dropped twice within 45 minutes, we will forward to the related team to see if there is a system or signal glitch, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-6-12
Use props
sandmansndr
lvl.1
United States

A quick update: DJI has reviewed my case and determined the Warranty applied to my situation. They have waived the fee and will repair my drone in 3-6 business days.

I feel relieved that they changed their stance and were able to assist me!
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sandmansndr Posted at 2018-6-19 09:38
A quick update: DJI has reviewed my case and determined the Warranty applied to my situation. They have waived the fee and will repair my drone in 3-6 business days.

I feel relieved that they changed their stance and were able to assist me!

Glad to know everything is turning out to be great, hope you will get the drone back soon, please let us know if you need any further assistance.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules