Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why can’t I download 13 min video from my drone to my phone using the DJI app?
3288 9 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e0893a5
New
United States

Good day DJI team, I recorded few flight clips with my drone some of them over 13 min and I can’t seam to download them to my phone using the app in order for me to work on them with the app movie editing tool , can this be fixed ? Or is this a fresh hold that Ofer a a certain minutes the video will not be Downloaded? I have IPhone X and plenty of space.
2018-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I think you can only edit the recorded Live Stream view using GO-4 App.  

If you want to edit High Quality video that is stored on microSD card in drone, you have to remove microSD card from drone, and put it in a card adapter, to transfer it to your computer.  Where you will need video editing software.  If drone's video was done at say 4K resolution, you are going to need a computer system capable of viewing 4k and horsepower (CPU, Memory) to do any serious editing of 4K video.

2018-6-12
Use props
fans2e0893a5
New
United States

But it did download 4K videos I did when it was less then 8 minutes and I was able to edit them on my phone using the App..
2018-6-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I believe the Fat32 format clips the videos into 7 minute segments, Your 13 minute video may be clipped into 2-3 seperate video files.
2018-6-12
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-12 12:11
I think you can only edit the recorded Live Stream view using GO-4 App.  

If you want to edit High Quality video that is stored on microSD card in drone, you have to remove microSD card from drone, and put it in a card adapter, to transfer it to your computer.  Where you will need video editing software.  If drone's video was done at say 4K resolution, you are going to need a computer system capable of viewing 4k and horsepower (CPU, Memory) to do any serious editing of 4K video.

or power up the aircraft and plug in the USB-C cable.  the internal storage and the SD card will show as sources.  You can download from there, but again this is to your computer.

I had the same problem in using the video editor in the app on the phone.  it would show that is was starting to download and then just never finish.  I didn't work at all in getting it to work.  it didn't download and i just said "F it, i'll download from the aircraft."
You should also be able to download the stream from your phone to your computer.  It is in a DJI folder on your phone file system.
2018-6-12
Use props
saraha
lvl.1

Germany

What format is your video? Does your device support this format?  If not, you should firstly convert the video format by using video converter. You can choose WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro to help you download/convert/edit your videos. But this software only supports windows based computer.
2018-6-18
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

Hi, try to use 'Sync for DJI' app. The app have 'Trim before download' feature that allow download only nice parts of video drastically reducing needed time. (especially for 4K and other massive videos).
2019-9-26
Use props
ManuP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft

I also read the maximum length is 10 minutes, so a length greater than that is not recognised nor transferred..
2019-9-29
Use props
Joakitous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293438 ft
Argentina

Dame thing happens to me !
2019-11-5
Use props
azharkhatri
New

Pakistan