DJI GO 4 on P4P+: the maps section does not open
859 14 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

Hello! All software is up to date. When the drone is on - the map is visible, the drone correctly determines the starting point and shows it on the map. But I can't enter the maps мanager section (see screenshot below). Other sections are available. When I tap on the maps section icon it reacts, but the section does not open. I tried resetting to factory settings but the section is not available. How to enter to maps section?

2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for the trouble. The Phantom 4 Pro+ (built-in screen) does not support the offline map for now. Rest assured that we will post it on our DJI official website once we have a new update about the offline map. Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

Thank you! If I will go to another area - how do I get maps for it?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Evgeny SPb Posted at 2018-6-12 14:32
Thank you! If I will go to another area - how do I get maps for it?

It should show the maps downloaded by default on your remote controller. However, if it does not show up try to reset the remote controller to factory settings. Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the gear icon on the top right, tap "Backup & reset", and tap "Factory data reset".

2018-6-12
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

Thanks again! It should show the maps downloaded by default on the remote control. But it doesn't. I can't enter the map section at all. I was doing a factory reset like you showed, it didn't help. I wrote above: "When I tap on the maps section icon it reacts, but the section does not open. I tried resetting to factory settings but the section is not available".
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Evgeny SPb Posted at 2018-6-12 15:14
Thanks again! It should show the maps downloaded by default on the remote control. But it doesn't. I can't enter the map section at all. I was doing a factory reset like you showed, it didn't help. I wrote above: "When I tap on the maps section icon it reacts, but the section does not open. I tried resetting to factory settings but the section is not available".

Have you tried updating the firmware of this remote controller?
2018-6-12
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

Oh sure. All software has been updated.
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you have done any flying you want to have synced, better not follow the advice on resetting the controller before you have synced!
To have the maps offline you need, while online, to scroll around the area you want to fly in, make sure also too zoom in enough for you need and have the whole area scrolled by.

The only positive as is right now is that you can also  have the sat overlay cached for viewing offline.
2018-6-13
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Russia

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-13 00:25
If you have done any flying you want to have synced, better not follow the advice on resetting the controller before you have synced!
To have the maps offline you need, while online, to scroll around the area you want to fly in, make sure also too zoom in enough for you need and have the whole area scrolled by.

Excuse me, did you read about my problem? I can't enter to the maps мanager section (see screenshot above). Other sections are available. When I tap on the maps section icon it reacts, but the section does not open. Now I have maps of my region, I can fly. The map of my region is visible in the DJI GO, the drone determines correctly the home point. But I can not download maps of the region where I will go, because I can not enter the section of maps at all.
2018-6-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Evgeny SPb Posted at 2018-6-13 01:11
Excuse me, did you read about my problem? I can't enter to the maps мanager section (see screenshot above). Other sections are available. When I tap on the maps section icon it reacts, but the section does not open. Now I have maps of my region, I can fly. The map of my region is visible in the DJI GO, the drone determines correctly the home point. But I can not download maps of the region where I will go, because I can not enter the section of maps at all.

Yes i did read about your problem, i am very familiar with it as i own a P4P+ myself.
As stated, you need to be online, enter the map on the flight screen and scroll to/around the area you want to fly in, then the maps will be cached.
2018-6-13
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Russia

Many thanks. I guess I do not understand well because of my bad English. I will try to implement your recommendations.
2018-6-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

hopefully you understand it when you try.
In short again. Power on RC, tap down left to start the flight app.
Tap the map down left to enlarge it, scroll to the area you want to fly in.
Scroll around to ensure you get the needed area covered also in different zoom levels to get the details.

It now should have the maps cached and working for that area even when offline.

If you want the sat overlay too, enable that on top right of the map and scroll around again.

All in all not very user friendly but it is working nice when first done.
2018-6-13
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

I tried. I went into the flight app. "Tap the map down left to enlarge it, scroll to the area you want to fly in.
Scroll around to ensure you get the needed area covered also in different zoom levels to get the details" - it is OK, but I've never had a problem with that before. I have maps of my region, I uploaded them long ago. But when I was traveling, I downloaded the maps of the region before the trip. And for that, I used the map selection in the maps section of the start screen, not in the flight app. Soon I have to go to Crete. How do I get the Crete maps? After all, the maps section is not available. Will they downloaded in the new region when I turn on the copter already in the new place, maybe?Thank you for your patience and help.
2018-6-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Evgeny SPb Posted at 2018-6-13 06:16
I tried. I went into the flight app. "Tap the map down left to enlarge it, scroll to the area you want to fly in.
Scroll around to ensure you get the needed area covered also in different zoom levels to get the details" - it is OK, but I've never had a problem with that before. I have maps of my region, I uploaded them long ago. But when I was traveling, I downloaded the maps of the region before the trip. And for that, I used the map selection in the maps section of the start screen, not in the flight app. Soon I have to go to Crete. How do I get the Crete maps? After all, the maps section is not available. Will they downloaded in the new region when I turn on the copter already in the new place, maybe?Thank you for your patience and help.

New region: Yes it should work the same way but require that you have the remote online when caching the maps.
The alternative could be, while at home, to zoom out as much as needed and then zoom in to Crete and scroll around there. I can't test that possibility as my equipment is on visit at DJI in the Netherlands, but you should be able to see if that would work out for you.

There should be an update on the way that re-introduce the download somehow as we are used to know it, but when it comes is hard to say.
It seem that the developers collect a pile up of fixes and changes before releasing instead of releasing fixed issues as they are solved.

Best luck with it and have a nice trip when time comes.
2018-6-13
Use props
Evgeny SPb
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

I think I understand. Now I can see detailed maps of Crete. It remains unclear whether caching is performed. I hope everything will be all right when I turn on the device when I'm will be in the new region  online. Thank you very much for your help.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules