Signal Issues
765 9 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marschallm
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All
Im new to the mavic but I seem to be getting signal issues allot, this doesnt seem to be dependant on the area, just when up high. always around 100 meters or so i get 'Signal interference'.

Surely this isnt a usual thing? i believe i got a massive distance out of the box but i dont know if that was just me, it being brand new and thinking it went miles when it actually didnt.

anyway surely it can do much better than this? surly 100 meters int its limit as far as technology is concerned?

What can i check/do in regards to this?

any and all idead muchly appreiated.

2018-6-13
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found my smart watch often caused such messages. I wear a standard watch when flying my machines. Worth checking if you wear one.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you make sure that there's no metal or magnet near the aircraft and remote?
2018-6-13
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Also make sure when up high and not too far out that the wide flat part of the antennas are still pointing in the direction of your drone.  
2018-6-13
Use props
Marschallm
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi thanks for the responses.

I dont usually wear a watch so that cant be it.

There is no other metal around the controller or aircraft. im using a Pixel 2 Phone. could it be something to do with the Mobile Signal then? i had a problem connecting to the aircraft with just the phone on wifi before, as soon as i turned off mobile data the connection sprung into life.

2018-6-13
Use props
Marschallm
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tried again tonight down the beach and was getting interference again, The range seems rubbish especially when you compare it to the book 4km, mine will barely reach 1k without dropouts.

i really dont know whats going on and its frustrating. its barely 3 weeks old.
2018-6-14
Use props
angelopaolo00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28999 ft
Philippines

I was flying my dji mavic air drone inside our power plant warehouse to gather a video for our corporate anniversary presentation. Everything was fine during takeoff and using tripod mode and hovering in 2 minutes. Afterwards, it just started drifting by itself towards the wall and I could not control it with my joystick and banged at the wall. It is completely ruined and its antennas broken, camera gimbal damaged and legs. I would like to raise this issue to DJI because I could not afford for a service repair since I reside in the Philippines. Is there anyway DJI can issue warranty for this error? Please feedback.
2018-6-15
Use props
Marschallm
lvl.2

United Kingdom

is that supposed to be in reply to my issue? Thread Hijacking? or accidentally placed in the wrong place?
2018-6-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Could be the antennas aren't positioning for coverage directly up for something high (a default holding position is more horizontal than vertical).  Ive lost signal 120m directly overhead for that reason before now.  Plus in any sort of urban area you have a ton of 2.4 and 5ghz wifi, microwaves and all kinds of other transmitters to cause interference.
2018-6-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

angelopaolo00 Posted at 2018-6-15 00:22
I was flying my dji mavic air drone inside our power plant warehouse to gather a video for our corporate anniversary presentation. Everything was fine during takeoff and using tripod mode and hovering in 2 minutes. Afterwards, it just started drifting by itself towards the wall and I could not control it with my joystick and banged at the wall. It is completely ruined and its antennas broken, camera gimbal damaged and legs. I would like to raise this issue to DJI because I could not afford for a service repair since I reside in the Philippines. Is there anyway DJI can issue warranty for this error? Please feedback.

Operator error.  You're using it inside.  GPS accuracy is going to be substantially degraded if it even works at all so of course its not going to hold as straight and is likely to drift.
Most likely it went into ATTI mode and you were unable to recognise this and control it.
Looks like 100% user error to me (or at least user unawareness).
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules