Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Pittsburgh or Parks
749 8 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans27d18103
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1411 ft

Has anyone experienced difficulty flying in parks in Pittsburgh or in your city. Recently went to fly at the park and saw this sign. As far as i know im the main drone flier around this neighborhood so it almost seems personal. We know flying Drones can make some feel freaked out and i can say Ive had a run in with 2 people at this park who just didnt like me flying although this park is huge. Wondering if its just me
IMG_20180612_225900_568.jpg
2018-6-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

in the future we ll see this sings ... everywhere
2018-6-13
Use props
fans27d18103
lvl.1

Sadly I agree at the Drone Fest they mentioned how big corporations are buying up airspace to prep for Drone Delivery and surveying
2018-6-13
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I read somewhere they can't control the airspace above. Only the FAA can do that. I know it takes all the fun out of flying at the park, but...

Jeff
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

$100 - take it up and don't land until your done. ;)
2018-6-13
Use props
fans27d18103
lvl.1

Update...So I reached out to the park today because a section of the rules says I can fly.  Well they said No Drone flying except if I join the aviation club and there's a fee lol.

Now long story short....a guy from the aviation club approached me before about joining but I declined because the space is to small and there are to many rules. Well they didnt like that I said no. I truly believe they are behind this. A few months ago I was flying and some random man drove up and took my picture and peeled off.  In my opinion This is all to get a fee out of me and fine me if I fly without being a member
2018-6-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Take them to court.  Maybe DJI will help carry it all the way to the supreme court, and we can get this settled once and for all lol.
2018-6-13
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

To me its seems like they are protecting the soccer field from people filming with drones during a game maybe.

Are these signs all over the park or just by the soccer field?

How much do they want for you to join their club?

Also I think the aviation club is mainly comprised of fixed winged aircraft and I have seen where they do not drone fliers because we can essentially take off from any area and they need a designated runway. There might even be a club member that works for the parks department that got this agenda pushed through. I do know that drone flying rules are governed by the city parks department and state parks are governed by the state level park and rec commission.

Hopefully you have other areas to fly and good luck with this.

2018-6-13
Use props
fans27d18103
lvl.1

Unfortunately it's all over the park and from what I hear theyve been poppin up all over Pittsburgh. I only fly at the soccer field when its empty...most times I fly the park is usually because I usually just want the Sunset Pic. Honestly I think this agenda is pushed by the AMA groups...I looked up the law but it hasn't been updated since 2012 so you're really at the Parks mercy. From the way it's looking ill have to travel more outside the city to be able to Fly. I dont see the issue...ive had cops tell me it's okay as long as I'm not bothering anyone.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules