Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New "Director" Feature ....not so hot after all!
1483 10 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Ok boys...

So, I was very exited about the new Director feature.  But, please tell me I am wrong with this?  I can only select up to 9 "moments" in the app that seems to be 10 seconds each.  However, when selecting the "moments", it reduces even those times down to only a few seconds each, to fit a total of roughly 30 sec in total.   So....the max length I can get from this feature is circa 30 sec at best.  I mean, really?  Is that accurate, or am I doing something wrong?

What has been your experience?  O, and, DJI, feel free to comment?
2015-5-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

I have been playing around with the Director as well...It seems to be related to which template you use . Your right it does seem to be only 9 clips and adjusts your Moments down to brief  video clips limited to 30 seconds...So you are pretty limited with what you can do with it...However, when I make a clip I can make a mini movie in under a minute which is way faster than loading Adode  Elements 13...I see potential for this in filming short promo clips or for a real estate clip ...Short and sweet...At first I thought it was pretty useless, but it will work for limited applications...It would be nice to get some kind of an update or guidance from DJI but they seem to have tossed it out there with zero instruction or support...Maybe with future updates it will do more...DJI any time you would like to chime in ...Feel Free  to do so...
2015-5-15
Use props
FictitiousPerso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

Wish we had the choice of what bloat ware they put in the app.

PM me ! Oh that's right we can't.
2015-5-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

Agree about bloatware....But ya gotta try to turn Lemons into Lemonade...Maybe in future upgrades it might turn into something more useful...I am thinking about using the small video clips alongside the photos on my website ....
2015-5-15
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.1

Norway

Asi understand you are limited to use the templates when making those movies. The chips in templates have diffrent lenght, and the director do as it like when inserting your moments ( you did 10 sec, director cut or lengthn to fit in template, or speed up you clip To fit in)  limited to about 30 sec total

After using it a liitle, its A bit  disapoint, but maybe it be better in future, would like to have min. 120 sec.  Its ok to A quick review, but not much more yet.
2015-5-15
Use props
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Australia

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-5-15 23:18
I have been playing around with the Director as well...It seems to be related to which template you  ...

Totally agree....issue I have is less with the total length of the clip (circa 30s), or the amount of 'moments' one can choose.  The issue is that it goes further and chops up your 'moments' further to a few seconds to fit the music.  So, your great moment that you selected (which is 10s), may turn out to be useless in the clip, if it chopped from 10s to 2s.

Again....DJI, happy to hear your thoughts?
2015-5-15
Use props
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-15 23:28
Wish we had the choice of what bloat ware they put in the app.

Love your work...PM would be great, wouldn't it!
2015-5-15
Use props
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Australia

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-5-16 01:32
Agree about bloatware....But ya gotta try to turn Lemons into Lemonade...Maybe in future upgrades it ...

Yip, I can appreciate the use-case you're highlighting.  Pitty though, that apart from a very limited value proposition, the feature will end up becoming largely unused.

DJI, any thoughts?
2015-5-15
Use props
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Australia

Kvamen@getmail. Posted at 2015-5-16 04:54
Asi understand you are limited to use the templates when making those movies. The chips in templates ...

Agree....longer length clips would be good, but more importantly, longer - or at least customisiable - 'moments' is where the value will be.
2015-5-15
Use props
GrahamJ
Second Officer
Australia

Dear DJI, can you add a option in Director to choose the behaviour of 'moments'?  Simply a "Yes/no" option: "Auto adjust 'moments' to fit audio?"  Yes, basically acts the way it does now, and no, allows the length of the 'moment' to play through, regardless of audio sync.

What do you think DJI?  

2015-5-15
Use props
thetravguy

United States

well at least you guys have the director, us on android are still without it at all, not that it matters from what it sounds like when movie maker is out there. but on the google play store they got a bunch of screen shots of the director working.

im gunna educate you guys who are new to this silent treatment tactic that DJI is using. it may be new to you in the hobbyists area but in the video game world this is old news.  

DJI is got you in what i call optimistic hope mode. they give you enough software and updates to keep you interested with minimal or no impact to improving the product, they are  completely zipped lips on everything else, give zero response to bugs, glitches or design flaws like ones your discussing. this will not change. do not expect dji reps to all of the sudden start having a dialog with you about the problems with the inspire 1 or the software. a open discussion with them is not going to happen.

what you  should and can expect from them  this point on with Inspire 1 updates, NOTHING. it's a common marketing tactic to advertise a product having a whole bunch of cool features before anyone actually has it. then when it's released it takes a little while for consumers to figure out WTF the inspire doesn't do everything DJI said it would, so DJI says it's all "coming soon" with no time line, dates for release, everyone goes into patient hope mode.

expect the inspire 1 to stay just like it is and all the software to stay like it is. if updates come out and we get more features be happy, if they dont fix problems or release any more updates then your not disappointed. you communicate to DJI your not happy by not blindly buying the I2 p3 or any more DJI brand equipment. money is the only language they understand and hear. if you dont give it to them watch how fast their future products are everything they said they would be and customer service becomes good from none existent like it is now.

for now you got 2 options, suck it up and wait for the updates they said we're suppose to already have or cash out, sell  your inspire on the used market while it still has almost all the value of a new one. but dont expect to ask for help and get it, they pretty much have been ignoring you up to this point, they got your money, why would they start listening now?
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules