Seriously, it's a car charger
957 9 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonnaBrown
lvl.1
United States

This is more of a general complaint, wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. A few months ago I ordered about $1300 worth of equipment from DJI. I recieved everything except for the car charger that I had ordered, and I was disappointed that it took about 5 weeks for my equipment to arrive. So given the amount of time that passed and the excitement over my new equipment, I forgot that I had even ordered the car charger. Apparently people don't just get overwhelmed and forget things, because by the time I realized that I didn't get the charger (now that I'm flying commercially and actually NEED the charger that I ordered), I was WELL past the 60 days after shipping that is given for a customer to report a problem. First of all, since it took a month for my shipment to arrive, half of that 60 days was already up which is really unfair. The main issue is that I have been emailing customer support for several days now and they refuse to address the problem. They tried to blame it on FedEx, and now won't address that they didn't send my equipment. I've gotten no actual support, and no sign that they are willing correct their mistake with a return customer. Does anyone know how to get through to these people?
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Support.   
2018-6-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

"I was WELL past the 60 days after shipping"

That's definitely not a nice story but fits so much we are hearing about DJI support.
The akward thing is: On the return policy (within 14 days) the clock starts ticking once the item has been delivered.
It makes no sense that for problem reporting the clock starts ticking once they send it out.
Were you able to see via Fedex tracking if it was really Fedex fault?

I guess your are complaining because you would have to pay for shipping if you only order a charger now?
Or did they charge you for the charger?

I'm sure one of the admins here will try to help.
It would be good to have a case # for them but I guess you don't have any currently...

2018-6-13
Use props
DonnaBrown
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-13 09:04
"I was WELL past the 60 days after shipping"

That's definitely not a nice story but fits so much we are hearing about DJI support.

I really don't believe that it was FedEx's fault since I order a bunch of smaller items (batteries, filters, etc) that all arrived in the same package. Everything was packaged together and arrived at the same time. I thought it was really weird that their 60 policy starts on the day the item is shipped, because it took weeks for my items to even arrive!

My complaint is that I paid for a charger and never received it. They aren't willing to send one to correct the mistake, and they aren't willing to credit my account the amount needed to order a new one. So they took my money and never delivered a product which is theft regardless of how long it took me to realize the mistake. I don't want to be dramatic, I just want what I paid for.  I thought this would be a relatively easy fix, but it's a nightmare and I'm so frustrated.
2018-6-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

DonnaBrown Posted at 2018-6-13 10:42
I really don't believe that it was FedEx's fault since I order a bunch of smaller items (batteries, filters, etc) that all arrived in the same package. Everything was packaged together and arrived at the same time. I thought it was really weird that their 60 policy starts on the day the item is shipped, because it took weeks for my items to even arrive!

My complaint is that I paid for a charger and never received it. They aren't willing to send one to correct the mistake, and they aren't willing to credit my account the amount needed to order a new one. So they took my money and never delivered a product which is theft regardless of how long it took me to realize the mistake. I don't want to be dramatic, I just want what I paid for.  I thought this would be a relatively easy fix, but it's a nightmare and I'm so frustrated.

I understand your frustration. Bad story. On the other hand - looking from their perspective:
There is someone contacting them quite a long time after purchasing about one item that was never in the box.
How would they know you are not a cheater?
Is there a chance that with all the stuff you bought you oversaw this item and threw it away with all the packaging?

You get a confirmation e-mail with your order. With that e-mail there should be an invoice attached as pdf.
Is the charger listed there?

BTW:
If you need one urgently you can work around it with an inverter. Just use the normal charger on it:
Inverter from Amazon
2018-6-13
Use props
DonnaBrown
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-13 10:54
I understand your frustration. Bad story. On the other hand - looking from their perspective:
There is someone contacting them quite a long time after purchasing about one item that was never in the box.
How would they know you are not a cheater?

I'm not sure who is going to try to cheat them out of a car charger. I'm also a repeat customer that has had 0 other problems with my orders. I spent $1300 on equipment... and they didn't deliver a $60 charger. It's the principle of the matter, I paid for something, I didn't get it. I feel dumb that I didn't realize it was missing for so long, but imagine that you're me. I ordered a LOT of equipment, waited a month for it to even get here, and didn't NEED the car charger until very recently. With that 60 day policy, I would like to point out that if it had been 60 days AFTER delivery instead of shipment, I noticed the charger was missing about a week past the 60 day limit.

No chance of that, I always make sure my boxes are completely empty before I recycle them.

As for the invoice, yes, my charger was listed, it's sitting there in my order history. It just never got put in the box with all of my other stuff. I can understand it accidentally not getting put in with all of my other equipment, I just wish that they were a little more proactive in solving my problem instead of pretending that there IS no problem. This is not a good way to do business.
2018-6-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

An admin is your best shot.
2018-6-13
Use props
DonnaBrown
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-13 15:35
An admin is your best shot.

I'm incredibly new to using a forum, so I don't know how to get the attention of one of those.
2018-6-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

DonnaBrown Posted at 2018-6-13 17:16
I'm incredibly new to using a forum, so I don't know how to get the attention of one of those.

Keep checking back on your post.  They will see and respond.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Donna, we are so sorry to read on what happened, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account, we are verifying with the related team to see if there is anything we can help you, please wait a moment and we will come back to you soon. Thank you.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules