Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vertical focus issue on Mavic Pro
410 2 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Max Larsson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50463 ft
Norway

I have had my Mavic Pro for a while and haven't had any issue until now. One day when I began to fly the drone I noticed that the autofocus was off. I tapped the middle of the screen and began filming and later noticed that only a portion of the image, a vertical column, where in focus:

I then started to troubleshoot by making a software update, loading default settings, calibrating compass and calibrating gimbal. Doesn't seem to have solved it. I began studying the behavior I noticed that when I move the manual focus the vertical in focus column mentioned earlier walks from right to left:

I guess you’ll agree that this is not how focus is supposed to work. The issue makes the footage useless. Please give me tips how to solve this.

2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we are sorry if you are having issues with your mavic pro. Id like to ask if you have already calibrated your gimbal and the IMU.  With this  normal troubleshooting this should eliminate the vertical focus issue of your Mavic.
2018-6-13
Use props
Max Larsson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50463 ft
Norway

I have now. I was hopeful there for a while when I realized that the IMU calibration weren’t the same as the compass calibration. Did just calibrate Compass and Gimbal before. I have now calibrated the IMU, Compass and Gimbal several times according to the instructions, both inside and outside away from potential interference. It did make a difference, however not for the better. Now I’m not able to focus at all:

2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules