NEW HANDWHEEL2 NOT WORKING - HELP PLEASE
1313 10 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

I just recieved a DJI Handwheel 2 and DJI Part 67 connecting cable brand new from B&H today.
I have read lots on this forum about problems people had and i am another one.
The handwheel 2 will not power up, no light, no functionality whatsoever.
I have rolled back firmware, updated again to latest firmware, flashed the firmware several times and nothing.
The Osmo pro will work as normal but the handwheel 2 refuses to power up and function.

Any help PLEASE, I just took delivery a couple of hours ago and so disapointed, NEED THIS TO WORK for a job in two days.

Thank You.
2018-6-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Go app up to date? Switch on wheel body toggled on/off? Once you get blue light on wheel it should be recognized with an icon on Go screen.
medium_8726af3b-2220-4c22-871e-cf5f2c7da837.jpg
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having right now. Can you provide the firmware version of your Osmo pro? Also, can you provide some sample video showing the problem?
2018-6-13
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-13 09:33
Hello. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having right now. Can you provide the firmware version of your Osmo pro? Also, can you provide some sample video showing the problem?

OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70 is the current firmware. I purchased part 67 communication cable but I also see that part 34 is recommended. They look the same so can you confirm if part 67 will work the handwheel 2 with the osmo pro?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-13 09:40
OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70 is the current firmware. I purchased part 67 communication cable but I also see that part 34 is recommended. They look the same so can you confirm if part 67 will work the handwheel 2 with the osmo pro?

Upon checking at our online store, this is the communication cable that's compatible with the handwheel 2:

2018-6-13
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-13 09:54
Upon checking at our online store, this is the communication cable that's compatible with the handwheel 2:
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thank you.
I'm not sure but i'm guessing I have the wrong cable.... it looks the same but its the DJI part 67 communication cable which is for the follow focus control. I'm guessing this cable can't send power to the Handwheel 2 and that's the difference. The Part 34 communication cable for the handwheel 2 can transmit power and data which is a big difference since the handwheel 2 does not have a battery unlike the follow focus. Can DJI confirm this? ie that cable part 67 cannot provide power? and only cable part 34 can. This would have to be confirmed by a DJI engineer i'm sure.
Thank you, im sure this may help many other who may have the wrong cable for their Handwheel 2 and wonder why its not working.
2018-6-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-13 12:22
Thank you.
I'm not sure but i'm guessing I have the wrong cable.... it looks the same but its the DJI part 67 communication cable which is for the follow focus control. I'm guessing this cable can't send power to the Handwheel 2 and that's the difference. The Part 34 communication cable for the handwheel 2 can transmit power and data which is a big difference since the handwheel 2 does not have a battery unlike the follow focus. Can DJI confirm this? ie that cable part 67 cannot provide power? and only cable part 34 can. This would have to be confirmed by a DJI engineer i'm sure.
Thank you, im sure this may help many other who may have the wrong cable for their Handwheel 2 and wonder why its not working.

This is confusing indeed to many users. The cable you have will work with Osmo Pro/Raw and ONLY with remote focus wheel, while the cable shown in my previous post will work with Focus Wheel 2 and remote version as well, when used for Osmo Pto/Raw rig.
medium_1ad3dc2b-1857-471d-aa10-f5d9564d275a.jpg
medium_743d8d96-88c4-4971-ba29-9f5c384955ef.jpg
medium_8726af3b-2220-4c22-871e-cf5f2c7da837.jpg
2018-6-13
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-6-13 13:49
This is confusing indeed to many users. The cable you have will work with Osmo Pro/Raw and ONLY with remote focus wheel, while the cable shown in my previous post should work with either Focus Wheel 2 or remote version.

Yes Matthew, confusing is correct. All cables look almost identical but there must be a difference in how they are wired. The one I got wont power up the Handwheel 2. Perhaps DJI can make it more clear as the cables do look alike and easy to order the wrong one.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-13 12:22
Thank you.
I'm not sure but i'm guessing I have the wrong cable.... it looks the same but its the DJI part 67 communication cable which is for the follow focus control. I'm guessing this cable can't send power to the Handwheel 2 and that's the difference. The Part 34 communication cable for the handwheel 2 can transmit power and data which is a big difference since the handwheel 2 does not have a battery unlike the follow focus. Can DJI confirm this? ie that cable part 67 cannot provide power? and only cable part 34 can. This would have to be confirmed by a DJI engineer i'm sure.

We apologize for the confusion. We will raise this concern to our engineers to confirm if it will still work with either of the 2 communication cables. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-6-15
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-15 10:37
We apologize for the confusion. We will raise this concern to our engineers to confirm if it will still work with either of the 2 communication cables. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Hi Wanda,
I can now clarify for all DJI Handwheel 2 users that the communication cable part 67 WILL NOT work with the Handwheel 2. This cable cannot transfer power to the Handwheel there for it will not power up when connected. The Handwheel 2 must be connected to the OSMO PRO/RAW with the communication cable PART 34 ONLY. The part 34 communication cable will transfer power to the Handwheel allowing it to power up and be used with the OSMO pro/raw.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-16 06:02
Hi Wanda,
I can now clarify for all DJI Handwheel 2 users that the communication cable part 67 WILL NOT work with the Handwheel 2. This cable cannot transfer power to the Handwheel there for it will not power up when connected. The Handwheel 2 must be connected to the OSMO PRO/RAW with the communication cable PART 34 ONLY. The part 34 communication cable will transfer power to the Handwheel allowing it to power up and be used with the OSMO pro/raw.

You are right, only Osmo Pro/RAW Handwheel 2 Communication Cable can work with Handwheel 2, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules