Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does paying the invoice for a repair guarantee a working drone?
732 8 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlipMdn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47713 ft
United States

I sent my Mavic Air to DJI a couple days back and yesterday I received my invoice. I expected a large amount for a drone that has taken water damage, but I didn't see anything for my front and rear right arms of my drone, which almost got completely ripped off and was only attached via the wire in the crash. I got an invoice for a Gimbal and camera, a battery, and two propellers. I called DJI today and asked them to revisit the drone and give me another quote, but now I'm confident that they are just going to add more to the quote and make the price increase. My question is, should I have just paid that invoice? Would I have gotten my drone fixed or would they have contacted me again and made me pay more money for the items they were missing from the original invoice?
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Does sound kind of strange.  No mention of cost of arms and water damage.  Possibly a mix of invoices to drones?  
2018-6-13
Use props
FlipMdn
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 09:43
Does sound kind of strange.  No mention of cost of arms and water damage.  Possibly a mix of invoices to drones?

The gimbal/camera also seemed to be in good working condition. I'm no expert on the inner workings of drones so there is a good chance I'm wrong, but a mixed invoice does make sense to me.
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Not sure how much water damage, but a drone getting wet while still powered up is not a good thing.  I have seen some electronics survive, and I have seen some electronics fry.  Depends upon voltages involved and how pure water is.  
Rusty water from Falsely Activated Fire Sprinkler system - very bad even at low voltages of ICs.

Anyway, I think I would have pounced on low invoice.  
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi we do apologize for any inconvenience, may i ask for your CAS number to double check.
2018-6-13
Use props
FlipMdn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-13 10:01
Hi we do apologize for any inconvenience, may i ask for your CAS number to double check.

CAS-1797604-L4X0C3

no problem
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FlipMdn Posted at 2018-6-13 10:02
CAS-1797604-L4X0C3

no problem

Thanks for the case number, no worries, the arms are included, the quotation is about the whole replacement unit since your drone was water-damaged and beyond repair.Please let us know if you have further concern.
GTScreenshot_20180614_102826.png

2018-6-13
Use props
FlipMdn
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-13 18:29
Thanks for the case number, no worries, the arms are included, the quotation is about the whole replacement unit since your drone was water-damaged and beyond repair.Please let us know if you have further concern.
[view_image]

So right around the same time I made this post, I ended up calling DJI support and asked them to re-evaluate the quotation. Should I wait for a further response or am I ok to go ahead and pay the current quote?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlipMdn Posted at 2018-6-13 18:33
So right around the same time I made this post, I ended up calling DJI support and asked them to re-evaluate the quotation. Should I wait for a further response or am I ok to go ahead and pay the current quote?

As Mindy mentioned, we also double checked with the related team, it is recommended to go ahead and pay the quotation. The tracking number will be sent to you as long as the package shipped.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules