Mavic Air - No Visual Connection
488 5 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DevDog
lvl.1
United States

Hey ya'll,

I recently got a new Mavic Air and had no issues flying it in the local park. Flying it more and more I have been experiencing a connection issue with my phone and the Mavic. I set up everything and Dji Go 4 says "ready to fly" and "connected". When I click on "go fly" it'll instantly say "aircraft disconnected - no signal". I have reset my phone, the Mavic, and the controller dozens of times to try and fix this connection issue; and nothing is working. The interesting this about this is its in very specific locations, usually without any electrical, or wifi interference. I have tried downgrading the firmware and installing it again - and nothing. I was wondering if theres other things that could prevent the Mavic from showing visual connection instantly, or when I fly 20+ ft away. The controller always has a strong connection. Its just my phone. I have a Pixel 2 XL with the latest version of Android.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thank you for reaching DJI forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Air. Sad to say the Pixel 2 XL is not yet compatible to use for the app.
2018-6-13
Use props
DevDog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-13 12:34
[view_image]

Hi thank you for reaching DJI forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Air. Sad to say the Pixel 2 XL is not yet compatible to use for the app.

Thanks for the response,

There are times that it works flawlessly. Could the other issues i'm experiencing be because of my phone?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DevDog Posted at 2018-6-13 12:39
Thanks for the response,

There are times that it works flawlessly. Could the other issues i'm experiencing be because of my phone?

What are the other issues you are experiencing with? Well generally it all boils down to be having an incompatible device so maybe that might be the major issue.
2018-6-13
Use props
DevDog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-13 12:53
What are the other issues you are experiencing with? Well generally it all boils down to be having an incompatible  device so maybe that might be the major issue.

Mostly transmission issues. There are locations where I can get perfect transmission. Then theres areas where I cant even get image transmission from the takeoff pad. Sometimes it will also disconnect in mid air randomly.
2018-6-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DevDog Posted at 2018-6-13 13:06
Mostly transmission issues. There are locations where I can get perfect transmission. Then theres areas where I cant even get image transmission from the takeoff pad. Sometimes it will also disconnect in mid air randomly.

May i know what band did you connect? 2.4 or 5.8? Did you try to set it manually? Hope this help
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules