p2v v2, firmware 3.14 channel 7 activation reset across reboot
1214 6 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moonlightbeamer
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,

I am using a software named phantom tools to switch the gimble from "vision" to "h3-2d" mode to ènable the channel 7 lever on the back of the controller (old version controller that is). after setting to h3-2d, lever works (in the mean time cellphone app loses camera pitch control). However when i reboot p2v, the setting went back to vision mode, lever stopped working and cellphone app works again..

Can someone confirm for older firmware prior to 3.14 the setting can sweather the reboot? Or thereis better software to set this?

If in phantom assistant software inaccurately select controller to be new version with the dial, the lwever works but hard to control bcs lever and dail behave differently. It will keep pitching once you move lever.

Pls. Help. Thanks..
2015-5-15
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Get rid of the H3-2d thing and choose the upgrade controller in the phantom assistant

then read Gerry's post here on how to calibrate the TX

http://forum.dji.com/thread-1593-1-1.html

also calibrate in the phantom assistant.

Ive found that the pitch lever is a bit pants and the camera will move to either up or down and not stop in the middle unless you find the sweet spot, i had it for a while then paid the £85 for the new controller with gimbal wheel and its much better
2015-5-16
Use props
moonlightbeamer
lvl.1

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-17 06:26
Get rid of the H3-2d thing and choose the upgrade controller in the phantom assistant

then read Ger ...

Thanks crash1sttime,

choose "upgraded controller" does enable the channel 7 port and the lever permanently, but as you said, to use it is really a challenge... now I do believe this is dji firmware bug, and they really should fix it... I heard firmware 3.08 worked with lever as in expected way... and I am not in US or Japan so the 3.12 and 3.14 firmware upgrade is really doing no good to me (understand dji needed to get it out to prevent high profile accidents happen again, but it shouldn't take a legit function - the lever away...) but I can't find a safe way to reverse back to 3.08

has any one still use 3.08 and can confirm the lever works perfectly?
2015-5-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I used 3.08 with the lever, and it didnt make any difference, its due to the way the small movement of the POT translates to gimbal movement, its why many people changed to a rotary dial or even an Xbox controller switch to get the best use out of it
2015-5-17
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

crash1sttime is spot on.   New controller.   The wheel gives much more control.  much more.  also nice not having to buy aaa batteries.  new controller comes with built in lipo.  Sweet.  My first p2 came with the slider x1 channel.  I now,because of the wheel, I can put my camera angle exactly where I want it. Buy the upgrade controller,charge it with a the same usb cord that is used to calibrate the controller.  After it is charged,calibrate it.  You will have to link it to your quad before flight.   To link it to the quad you need to power up the quad.   After power up flip the quad over.  With the battery toward your stomach and camera pointed away from you,look to the left of the battery pack. locate the seemingly out of place green led.  Be sure at this point that the controller is off. Back to the odd green led.  Use something small enough to push on it. Push it once. Then turn on the controller and push the same odd green led again.  That should pair up the controller with the quad.  Use the assistant software and recalibrate remote and quad.  Without props,power up the quad and test all functionality of equipment prior to flight.        
2015-5-17
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The only drawback I have found is that the range of the newer TX is slighty less than the old one, I could hit about 3000ft range in an open field before losing controller signal, with the new one I lose controller signal at about 2500ft.
2015-5-17
Use props
moonlightbeamer
lvl.1

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-18 06:09
The only drawback I have found is that the range of the newer TX is slighty less than the old one, I ...

just to report back on what i did: before committing to new controller, i am using a win 8.1 tablet to program the p2v in the field and it works fine. then fly it without power off the p2v. this is the band-aid solution. and the added benefit, though, is you can control everything in the field now including resetting the limits, gains to fine tune the gimbal ( I used a 2d gimbal from third party and fine tune the gain to neutralize any potential shake is a good thing. although the gain seems fine as is)
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules