Spark fly away help
1505 23 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joey12725
lvl.1

I bought my spark a week or so ago refurbished from camrise's eBay shop (that authorised retail store min New York). It included a "1 year DJI warranty". Today I was flying near the lake (over the dock shooting the hills) when it started flying sharp right and hit a tree and dropped into the lake. I was able to retreve it after 2 or 3 minutes submerged.i attempted to control it when it started flying right but it would not let me. I was not near any large concrete or metal objects ( the dock was wood) and about 400 yards away from the nearest power line. The spark was 5-10 feet from me, was connected to my controller, and had 70 or 80 percent charge. The app showed it in range of 14 satalites and did not say anything before the crash. My hands were adjusting camera settings and off the sticks at the time.   Is this covered under the warranty? what caused it?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry to know for what was happen to your spark, I would recommend syncing your flight records using DJI GO 4 app so that we can start the case process and check what happened to your aircraft. Please see the link.
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-6-13
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Sorry to hear about your incident, mate. Do what DJ Tony says and open a case with DJI. You can also upload your flight log here so people can study it. Also, get ready for a plethora of "pilot error for sure" posts here. They're coming.
2018-6-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/  ;-)
2018-6-13
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-6-13 22:01
Sorry to hear about your incident, mate. Do what DJ Tony says and open a case with DJI. You can also upload your flight log here so people can study it. Also, get ready for a plethora of "pilot error for sure" posts here. They're coming.

Hi Antipaxi,

I think most of the flightrecord commentators give a honest picture, what in their opinion has happend to the drone.

And yes, most drone-fly-starters make mistakes wich result often in a mishap/crash.

Hopefully people will learn from this and getting aware that flying drones is not that easy!

cheers
JJB
2018-6-14
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-14 02:48
Hi Antipaxi,

I think most of the flightrecord commentators give a honest picture, what in their opinion has happend to the drone.

Totally agree with you. The guys interpreting the flight records are awesome. All that time and work, just to help some one. I have nothing against a person that reads the flight record and finds a pilot error. But, and you might well know this, that is not always the case. A lot of times the pilot doesn't even get to upload the flight record and he's already been found guilty.
2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

This is sure a Pilot Error !

The Pilot has received messages and still didn't upload flightlogs !!!!

I am sure 100% !
2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

How can this guy fly the drone near trees while adjusting the camera ??

Again this is Irresponsible Flying ! Now he will soon blame the tree moved in the Path of the Drone !

If he had a spotter near him he would have been aware of his surroundings.

I bet this Pilot did even open the front page of the Manual. Let alone he know the Troubles like ATTI Mode and other Errors.

This is a Clear - Pilot Error !

Wait and see, then Thank me later...

2018-6-14
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-14 05:38
How can this guy fly the drone near trees while adjusting the camera ?? Again this is irresponsible flying ! Now he will soon blame the tree moved in the Path of the Drone !

If he had a spotter near him he would have been aware of his surroundings. Pilot Error 100 % Confirmed !!!!

Hahahaha, you have NO idea...were you there?  How in the heck can you say "100 percent pilot error" when you are totally clueless as to what happened?  You say "how can he fly the drone near trees while adjusting the camera?"  LOL, silly question...because, you know...drones can hover!  

Stop claiming to know it all when in fact, you know nothing about the poster or his situation since you were NOT there.
2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJB and Antipaxi, you can name me don't worry. I know you are both refering to me. Don't be cowards just say it in my Face.

I take Jokes about me. I am very open, and will except all the Criticism, but you should do the same too.

2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Hddeuce Posted at 2018-6-14 06:14
Hahahaha, you have NO idea...were you there?  How in the heck can you say "100 percent pilot error" when you are totally clueless as to what happened?  You say "how can he fly the drone near trees while adjusting the camera?"  LOL, silly question...because, you know...drones can hover!  

Stop claiming to know it all when in fact, you know nothing about the poster or his situation since you were NOT there.

Did you read the comments above mine ?

Do you know what the word - 'SARCASTIC' means ? Can you spot when a comment is 'SARCASTIC' ?

No ?

1) First Comment was - SARCASTIC

2) Second Comments was - FANTASTIC

Try to have some Little Sense of Humor instead of Devouring People.

I understood the Joke that Antipaxi and JJB where doing, refering to me about Pilots coming here as I usually do it, and still (most of the time) the DJI Outcome is same like mine conclusion, so I continued with the Joke just for the Fun of it.

Stop devouring people, just because you have a different opinion. Everyone here is FREE to say what he wants. We don't need Forum or Drone Police here.

2018-6-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-14 06:22
JJB and Antipaxi, you can name me don't worry. I know you are both refering to me. Don't be cowards just say it in my Face.

I take Jokes about me. I am very open, and will except all the Criticism, but you show do the same too.

What the heck?
Why in God`s name are you mis-using my name all the time?
What is wrong with you?

2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-14 07:11
What the heck?
What is wrong with you?

JJB I know the joke was on me, I am cool with that. BTW I didn't send the message to you, you just replied back.

Come on ! Why are you always angry with me and use naughty words ?

I am very happy talking to you, Hans !
2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-14 07:11
What the heck?
What is wrong with you?

JJB I told you, that I know the Joke between You and Antipaxi was refering to me.

Don't worry I am a kind of guy that takes jokes. No so much Big Headed.

This PM explains a lot about you.

Thank you for calling me names again Hans !

2018-6-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

I never met a person in real life who act so silly as you.

In this #5 post i was not referring at you, it was a positive written post in wich i explain that most of the people write good analysis without blaming the OP too much.
IMO nothing wrong at all.
Nobody on this forum will think "o yes thats about this person from malta".  So your reaction is totally misplaced and have sign of a paranoid person.

Publishing my private writing to you is also misplaced, well mayby you find 'friends' on here who will support you.

So hope you can understand that you took the wrong way to write to me in such manner, as i did nothing to hurt or blame or make a fool of you in public.

To go back to the reality ; yes, there are many checklists on here. Ofcourse they are more or less the same. Mine is written in a different way. 1) really a checklist, all checked = flying and 2) i have never ever read about the mental part of being a drone 'pilot', i adressed this point because its so important.

Guess that all members on this forum will read your and mine posts with their own thoughts about it, i can only say that all my posts are writtten in a respectfull and positive way.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-14
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

I want to clarify that what I said I said alone, @JJBspark had nothing to do with any imaginary joke that I presumably made at the expense of the Maltese. Anyone can read his 1st post, and anyone can understand the meaning of it: the guys analyzing fly away flight records are usually right and most of the beginners make mistakes. So what he said was, in a polite way, in slight disagreement with my post, that stated, mainly, let us not judge before we know the facts. No joke from his part.

Regarding the Maltese, he exhibits all the trademarks of a special kind of troll. The troll that doesn't know he's trolling.
Thread derailing - check.
Insulting discussion partners and then editing (deleting) said insults - checked.
Accusing others of insults while insulting himself - checked.
Obnoxious behavior and flashy posts - checked.
Posting private conversations - checked.
Contradicting himself in one paragraph - checked.
I usually stay away from this type of people, I consider them toxic.  I will not engage in conversation with him, nor answer to any response he might have.

And to be clear about the editing of insults, he just called someone a BELL END. Doesn't seem like much, it's a British insult, and Malta was British for a long time. It means knob head, d**k head, and so on. He edited that and now there's no trace of it. It is not the 1st time he's doing that.

I apologize to all for my off topic rant, but I needed to clear some things out. Have a nice day.
2018-6-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-6-14 11:30
I want to clarify that what I said I said alone, @JJBspark had nothing to do with any imaginary joke that I presumably made at the expense of the Maltese. Anyone can read his 1st post, and anyone can understand the meaning of it: the guys analyzing fly away flight records are usually right and most of the beginners make mistakes. So what he said was, in a polite way, in slight disagreement with my post, that stated, mainly, let us not judge before we know the facts. No joke from his part.

Regarding the Maltese, he exhibits all the trademarks of a special kind of troll. The troll that doesn't know he's trolling.

Cool, my english getting better each day. Now i have learned some new swear words....
Second thought ; don`t know if i am happy with that and surely will not that use that on this forum.

@Antipaxi ; you read my post how it was ment to understand.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-6-14 11:30

Says the Adrian Axinia (Antipaxi) the Guy from Romania......

Stop making statements on others then Adrian, and mind your own business. The Forum is FREE for every opinion, no need of you to tell us which comments to follow and which to ignore. Everyone is FREE to read and write his own opinion, no one need permission from you.

To Add as we are in Conversation - I stay away from certain people like you from facts not speculation, not because of your comments, as most are baseless, but when I want to protect my Wallet and Valuables...

Worldwide they call people like you Gypsy for something. From Wikipedia -

The Romani are widely known among English-speaking people by the exonym Gypsies (or Gipsies), which some people consider pejorative due to its connotations of illegality and irregularity.

2018-6-15
Use props
joey12725
lvl.1

United States

sorry for the late response, thanks for all the help! DMX_MT, I was about 30-40 feet awat from the tree, it started flying right while maintaining altitude without allowing me to intervene for about 3-5 seconds. I was able to recover the footage.  Here is a link to the footage in google drive. Shortly before it flew right, I did not realize at the time, but it was also yawing on it's own. I adjusted for it without realizing what was happening. I will upload the logs later today. Thank you so much for your help
2018-6-15
Use props
joey12725
lvl.1

United States

the unintentional yawing is the slow yaws at  0:20 and 0:35, also, I guess since the drone had rotated 180 degrees, it flew left not right.
2018-6-15
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

A friend of mine had a similar issue with a refurbished spark. After providing everything DJI asked. They gave him not only a new spark but a new RC and a SD card.
2018-6-15
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Joey,

Please upload your flight log using link S-e-ven provided so we can help you understand what happened.

Without logs it is pure speculation.
2018-6-15
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

joey12725 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:03
sorry for the late response, thanks for all the help! DMX_MT, I was about 30-40 feet awat from the tree, it started flying right while maintaining altitude without allowing me to intervene for about 3-5 seconds. I was able to recover the footage.  Here is a link to the footage in google drive. Shortly before it flew right, I did not realize at the time, but it was also yawing on it's own. I adjusted for it without realizing what was happening. I will upload the logs later today. Thank you so much for your help

If you were not performing that YAW left then I am calling the all too common "YAW Error" we have seen quite a few times now.
But please upload those logs to confirm.

2018-6-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

joey12725 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:09
the unintentional yawing is the slow yaws at  0:20 and 0:35, also, I guess since the drone had rotated 180 degrees, it flew left not right.

Any update on this case?
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules