Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Roll axis adjustment is constantly stuck
7406 8 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Straw1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544577 ft

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  When I go to adjust the roll axis I have to exert a good amount of force to move it.  Unlike all of the other parts/axes that move fairly smoothly and are easy to adjust, the roll axis feels like it is stuck and I can feel the metal grinding when it is adjusted.  I have made sure the locking lever is loose.  I'm thinking this is a QC issue?  Anyone else encoutner this?
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Straw, may I know if the Roll Axis have the same the issue when the camera is not mounted? Any chance to show us a short video so we can verify? Thank you.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try to tip the gimbal back a little bit to relieve the weight on the roll axis adjustment by making the roll axis adjustment arm become parallel with the ground. It should get much easier to adjust this way.
2018-6-15
Use props
silvideo-nyc
lvl.1
United States

I agree: if the bar is horizontal, the weight of the other arms will make it feel stuck. If you make it more vertical by rotating it, it will be much easier to slide.
2018-6-15
Use props
Straw1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544577 ft

Thanks everyone.  It was very difficult to adjust even before it was weighted, but after a handful of uses and sliding it back and forth, it seems to have loosened up enough to be workable.  Although it already shows wear on the black coating where it was grinding.  
2018-6-15
Use props
NCP
lvl.3
United States

I had this same frustrating problem. I had to hold the underneath of my camera where it is mounted to the gimbal and lift it up slightly to remove the weight from the roll axis adjustment. Slides easily now, but really aggravating to figure it out.
2018-6-15
Use props
lennyandsandi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70420 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have the same problem.  Had my RS2 for a couple of months, and I thought it was me.  However, just now getting around to using it, and this one issue is a big pain point...especially when changing out cameras and are forced to adjust this arm for balancing.  Any solutions yet???
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_gSCaR2tjq9YM
New

Canada

I stumbled across this forum while also having this adjustment issue. I ended up finding the solution via a DJI tutorial video. If you pull up vertically on the lock lever you can readjust the tension on the screw to loosen the lock itself until it's the at the desired tension. I know I'm years late but hopefully it'll help a future DJI RS 2 owner. Cheers!
2021-10-13
Use props
IMGDesignz.com
New

United States

I found a great solution. There are two black screws on the side. Unscrew them just a lil bit as they are too tight for it to move. Once i unscrewed them just a bit it slides very nicely now.

2022-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules