Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compatibility list incorrect (Zero Nikon Support)
26290 86 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

Try Moza Air 2 instead of ronin
2019-1-22
Use props
Darkness In Flight
New
Flight distance : 211516 ft
Australia

Ok, so I have a Nikon D500 and I use a sigma Art 24-70mm is there anything anywhere that looks like there might be a firmware update that would allow me to use the focus wheel with this setup?
2019-3-31
Use props
MStapleton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38474 ft
United States

What a disappointment that DJI apparently isn't interested in working with Nikon users. I have been watching Ronin-S videos for a couple of hours today, was about to take the leap since it is on sale, then I looked at the Compatiblity List and did not see my bodies listed. Then I found this thread. Oh geez, what a mess.  Two years to work out the kinks, but no progress. Too bad.
Thanks for saving me a costly mistake!
2020-6-13
Use props
Andrew Holmes
New

United Kingdom

I have the D850. Whilst it works for video and photo, once you review your footage on the camera you can't get Live View on again without either switching the camera off and then on or the Gimbal!
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_lXf2m9NfZ7kK
New

United Kingdom

thephilz Posted at 2018-6-14 08:54
Further tried:
D700
D4

Hey, I found a temporary fix where you don’t connect the camera to the ronin and just use the Nikon’s record button, you can still see the screen and use the ronin, it has been good for me so far, I hope this helps  
2020-12-24
Use props
jermsmorton
New
United States

I have discovered an actual fix for this.  My Nikon D500 was having the same issue as everyone else connecting to the RSC2.  The feed on my phone from the RavenEye would only show up if my camera was in Live View mode (using the screen on the back instead of the viewfinder), but when i connected the control cable from the gimbal to the camera, Live View would switch off, the screen shows "PC," and Live View would not come back on with the cord connected.  Also, REC button the gimbal did not work, even when connected.

On a whim, I tried connecting the USB3 cord my Nikon shipped with to the gimbal's control port using a USB to USB-C adapter that i had from an old phone.  When that is connected, Live View can be switched back on, enabling the feed on the phone.  (Luckily it can be switched back off afterward without interrupting the feed, saving battery life on the nikon).  Anyways for whatever reason, with that cord and adapter, the REC button on the gimbal functions properly.

I hope this helps, and it sucks that I'm typing this a couple years after you all were working on it.

Cheers.
2020-12-30
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

thephilz Posted at 2018-6-15 08:13
Sorry incorrect link in my previous message:

https://youtu.be/3z693JYvgMg

Can you confirm you are putting the plug in the right port on the Nikon. I have a D7500 and RS3 Mini and I thought the remote lead was at the bottom of the camera in the lower port behind the rubber cover. I might be wrong but would like to know as about to buy a lead.
2023-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules