102323 208 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8ightyse7en
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans2bcb20c5 Posted at 2018-9-25 08:17
Is there any other USB remote in the market than can connect to the A7 or A9 to pull focus? If no probably the A7/A9 do not support pulling focus at all?
If yes, will the person who know tell DJI what it is then DJI can go get one and reverse engineer it

They released one finally.  Unfortunately it costs $19 + another $15 for shipping.  So it ends up being $34.
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
2018-9-25
Use props
MK_Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14993 ft
  • >>>
Australia

timwhite Posted at 2018-6-14 19:11
DOESNT WORK FOR ME EITHER.

Ive tried every single cable it comes with and every setting on the camera related to usb or remote control and i cant get the thing working with the Ronin-S for ANY controls. Ive referenced both the manual and quick start guide and I dont see anything to help.

Did you go into the app and select the correct camera? I was having similar problems until I discovered this...dohhh
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_iJpuGfgT3blX
New

Ive been through it and AF is still good by all means but not many lenses supported there with AF anyway...I just bought the DJI  multi-usb cable on the DJI site Sony Multi-usb cable on DJI> Someone was complaining that DJi should send all users a sony cable otherwise with shipping its $30 in the US
2018-9-27
Use props
BlackBaron
lvl.2
United States

My understanding is that the multi USB cable only supports zoom/digital zoom on a limited number of lenses. So focus is not supported on 3rd party, say SIGMA lenses?
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_7Ux0IPiCrihH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-14 22:44
We are sorry for the difficulties on connecting, for Sony series camera, we can only use RSS-IR control cable.
Please connect the RSS-IR Control Cable to the RSS port on the gimbal, and then make sure the infrared light is pointing to the camera's receiver. If the issue persists, any chance to provide us a short video of the connection procedure for further support? Thank you very much.

Hello Mindy,

Can you tell me if it is possible to pass power from the Ronin S to Sony a6500 camera? Another user who received the new cable claims no power is supplied to the camera from the gimbal.

Thanks!
2018-10-1
Use props
vflouris
lvl.1
Greece

8ightyse7en Posted at 2018-9-25 15:40
They released one finally.  Unfortunately it costs $19 + another $15 for shipping.  So it ends up being $34.
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi

This is the most ridiculous thing i've heard...almost 800euro for the Ronin and extra money for the cable to control Sony that you already advertise? Ronin S and Sony compatible? Seriously? It is completely unprofessional...
2018-10-2
Use props
PhilippHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400 ft
  • >>>

I have the very same problem - is there a solution yet?! When I connect the sony a6500 to the ronin it stays in connectiong mode forever... Is there any setting in the cmaera that I am missing?
2018-10-2
Use props
keanu87
lvl.1
Italy

I am a owner of Ronin S, I live in Italy and I am a videomaker, I saw and I was convinced to buy the Ronin being owner of Sony a7III, now to have the minimum additional features I have to buy a cable on the site and pay about 50 € in addition, I think it's a real scam after paying € 750 of product and have waited more than 3 months to get it, having paid it completely 3 months before. At least you have the certainty that this cable will then make all functions compatible in the future such as the focus wheel and other various accessories? Also because a Sony was used to advertise the product and compared to Panasonic Canon and Nikon is the one that has less functionality, I also add myself to request free cable for the owners of Ronin S from before the 'release of the cable itself. Greetings
2018-10-2
Use props
mc8claud
lvl.1

So, I've bought the cable, and it doesn't work with my Sony A7III ((
2018-10-2
Use props
mc8claud
lvl.1

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-2 17:40

With Sony A6300 doesn't work neither (((
2018-10-2
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

djiuser_7Ux0IPiCrihH Posted at 2018-10-1 07:43
Hello Mindy,

Can you tell me if it is possible to pass power from the Ronin S to Sony a6500 camera? Another user who received the new cable claims no power is supplied to the camera from the gimbal.

At the moment it doesn't charge a connected camera from the Gimbal battery - I really hope they add this functionality though.
2018-10-3
Use props
mc8claud
lvl.1

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-2 18:49
With Sony A6300 doesn't work neither (((

I mean I've bought Multi cable to use shutter button etc.. and it doesn't work at all! Any suggestions how to resolve it?
2018-10-3
Use props
ISOTaco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217346 ft
United States

Can someone catch me up here? I have the Ronin S with the latest firmware update that was supposed to add Sony support.

I plugged in the micro USB and USB-C to my Sony A7 III and it continually says USB connecting or 'check connected device.'

Isn't it supposed to work now? I really don't like using the IR cable option!
2018-10-3
Use props
ISOTaco
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU Posted at 2018-7-15 18:42
Possibly the only thing different i've done is to secure the IR cable so it can't move around easily.  This is with a M4 screw and a washer, at the screw hole that normally has the Lens Support.  This makes it easier to align the IR lamp, and keeps it from moving around.

That said, this is a very touchy setup.  I'll be very happy when the USB cable firmware is released.

So it should point there and not the IR light to the right of that?
2018-10-3
Use props
mc8claud
lvl.1

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-2 17:40

so, I've called to support, then updated Ronin's software and now it works!
I'm happy)
If you make remote focus adjustments for Sony cameras I would be totally happy))
2018-10-4
Use props
ISOTaco
lvl.1
United States

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-4 09:27
I'm happy)
If you make remote focus adjustments for Sony cameras I would be totally happy))

What works for you? Using the USB cable? I updated the software on the Ronin and it still doesn't work.
2018-10-4
Use props
Interlooper
New
United States

ISOTaco Posted at 2018-10-3 07:50
Can someone catch me up here? I have the Ronin S with the latest firmware update that was supposed to add Sony support.

I plugged in the micro USB and USB-C to my Sony A7 III and it continually says USB connecting or 'check connected device.'

I'm having a similar issue. I updated my camera firmware and the ronin firmware. Based on the newest compatibility list from DJI the A7r mIII should now work with Focus wheel. However, when I connect the cable it just goes into Mass Storage Device then says it's not connected. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.
2018-10-6
Use props
TONDIAs
New
Flight distance : 5472 ft
Brazil

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-3 06:35
I mean I've bought Multi cable to use shutter button etc.. and it doesn't work at all! Any suggestions how to resolve it?

Take a look:
youtu===watch?v=TL-F6zr3JR8
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_7Ux0IPiCrihH Posted at 2018-10-1 07:43
Hello Mindy,

Hi there, sorry for my late response because of the holiday, A6500 is compatible with Ronin-S with the latest firmware, sure it will pass power to A6500, please check the screenshot below, may I have the link of the thread that another user said they are not working? Thank you. GTScreenshot_20181008_171435.png
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PhilippHa Posted at 2018-10-2 04:03
I have the very same problem - is there a solution yet?! When I connect the sony a6500 to the ronin it stays in connectiong mode forever... Is there any setting in the cmaera that I am missing?

Hi PhilippHa, sorry for the difficulties on connection, when using MCC-Multi, please note the following tips:
1. After connecting the cable, be sure to power on the Ronin-S before the camera. Otherwise, the Ronin-S does not recognize the camera.
If the camera is not recognized, restart the camera or remove and reconnect the cable to the camera.
2. The optical zoom can be controlled through the Ronin-S Focus Wheel (only lenses with built-in power zoom, such as the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm F4 G OSS). If a non-Power Zoom lens is mounted, the Focus Wheel will control digital zoom. Digital zoom must be enabled in your camera’s settings.
3. After connecting with a Sony camera using the MCC-Multi cable, if you need to swap to a camera of other manufacturers then a gimbal reboot is required.
Please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mc8claud Posted at 2018-10-4 09:27
I'm happy)

Hi mc8claud, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, glad to know the issue has been figured out, we will keep improving our products to bring more features, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-10-3 06:04
At the moment it doesn't charge a connected camera from the Gimbal battery - I really hope they add this functionality though.

Hi there, there are two 4-pin ports on the Ronin-S, which can provide 24 W power to charge a third-party accessory or camera. But the corresponding cable or accessory is required. Please wait patiently for the future release of the accessories, thanks for your attention.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ISOTaco Posted at 2018-10-4 09:32
What works for you? Using the USB cable? I updated the software on the Ronin and it still doesn't work.

Hi ISOTaco, just to verify, you are using the MCC-B that comes with Ronin-S right? If so, the MCC-Multi is needed, which will need to be purchased separately, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Interlooper Posted at 2018-10-6 11:09
I'm having a similar issue. I updated my camera firmware and the ronin firmware. Based on the newest compatibility list from DJI the A7r mIII should now work with Focus wheel. However, when I connect the cable it just goes into Mass Storage Device then says it's not connected. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Hi Interlooper, may I know which cable you are using? Pulling Focus is still not working, we will keep developing to bring more features, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-8
Use props
ISOTaco
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 01:26
Hi ISOTaco, just to verify, you are using the MCC-B that comes with Ronin-S right? If so, the MCC-Multi is needed, which will need to be purchased separately, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi

So to confirm, the micro USB and USB C MCC cables that come with the Ronin S do NOT work with Sony cameras? I'll have to buy this additional cable?
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ISOTaco Posted at 2018-10-8 05:34
So to confirm, the micro USB and USB C MCC cables that come with the Ronin S do NOT work with Sony cameras? I'll have to buy this additional cable?

Yes, RSS-IR and MCC-Multi are working with Sony cameras, but the MCC-Multi will need to be purchased separately, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-9
Use props
mwaicman
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-19 01:33
Please make sure the infrared light is pointing to the camera's receiver as shown below, then enable the Remote Control function on the camera to enable control.[view_image]

I have a sony a7iii and the infrared light is not working. The remote control is on. Anything else?
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mwaicman Posted at 2018-10-11 07:51
I have a sony a7iii and the infrared light is not working. The remote control is on. Anything else?

Hi there, with the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Please make sure all the firmware has been updated to the latest version and select Sony camera model in the Create--Camera Control in the APP.

2018-10-12
Use props
МИШКА
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36867 ft

I have seen a video on YT where someone uses the Sony a6300 with the MCC-B cable.
And he can use the Start/Stop Rec function.

Should this be possible, or do i really need to order the MCC-Multi?

Focus pulling wasn't shown.

I have updated my Ronin-S to th latest FW (1.5) and when i connect my a6300 with the MCC-B, the Ronin is working normally.
But when i start the camera, it stops working and the app acts like it is not connected. No battery level and all.
2018-10-12
Use props
polg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1352175 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

There is an update for the Sony Alpha 7Rm3 .... But I still don't get it to work with my Ronin-S .... Does somebody tested it too ?
2018-10-14
Use props
fanseaf43ff8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4544 ft
United States

Hi Everyone,
I have been using my Ronin-S with my A7R-III with TOTAL SUCCESS.  Yes, I did have to order a "Multi" cable from DJI, but it was delivered to California within a few days.

Using the Multi cable and the Ronin-S with current firmware and the Ronin application running on an iPhone, provides an EXCELLENT toolset!  I use this combination to provide remote functionality while the rig is mounted on a crane.

I do, however, have one question that I have sent to DJI:  When my 28-135 mm Sony Cine lens it attached to the camera, the wheel of the Ronin-S controls the focal length of the lens, but there are times when I would prefer to control its focus.  Is there a way to switch between the two functions?  BTW, with a Sony lens which does not have a motorised zoom, the camera "barfs" when the wheel is used.  I would also like the application to be able to control the function that's assigned to the wheel.  Currently, I am not inclined to purchase a Force Pro - but that might change soon...

Pete
2018-10-14
Use props
fans205e9d3e
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dear Mindy

Does the MCC - Multi cable also power the camera while plugged? Cause i would love to power my A6300 while using the Ronin-S, everyone knows the batt of the 6300/6500 drains quick. So this option is a must for me.

So that would be the second reason next to controlling my EPZ 18-105 zoom by wheel to purchase this unnecessary optional cable  i am still not happy about though.

I know your not the one to blame Mindy but you sure can understand the disappointment of many people here about this topic of buying extra cable in order to get your Sony Cam to work properly.
2018-10-14
Use props
WeGo Productions
lvl.2
France

Hello everyone, so it's still not functional. Already you have to buy more Sony compatible cable and surprise there is no point but the zoom on the Focus Wheel ?! but why ??? we do not care we want the adjustable focus as for other brands!
Everything is up to date on the Alpha 7m3 version 2 and the Ronnin S, I calm down by posing the EPZ 18-105 ...
And there surprise the zoom with the Focus Wheel and very slow, then fast, or does not act at all! Yet in the settings, I even put the priority on the optical zoom only to not create conflict (after trying everything) and it works very badly! there is only the Rec and "focus" self by pressing lightly on the Rec that works ... the rest is not professional!
2018-10-20
Use props
moresnowplease
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4758123 ft
United States

Hello Mindy,

Is the support for the focus wheel set to be included in the next firmware update . The Idea of using it for only zoom seems counter intuitive to it name .  I would like to use the focus wheel to focus , not zoom. Kindly and patiently waiting for the official answer.

Kindly,
M.E.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

moresnowplease Posted at 2018-10-21 21:55
Hello Mindy,

Is the support for the focus wheel set to be included in the next firmware update . The Idea of using it for only zoom seems counter intuitive to it name .  I would like to use the focus wheel to focus , not zoom. Kindly and patiently waiting for the official answer.

Hi M.E., I just replied your another post, currently, we do not have the related news if the Pulling Focus will be available in the next firmware, I'm still verifying with our engineers, if there is any update, I will keep you updated.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WeGo Productions Posted at 2018-10-20 11:45
Hello everyone, so it's still not functional. Already you have to buy more Sony compatible cable and surprise there is no point but the zoom on the Focus Wheel ?! but why ??? we do not care we want the adjustable focus as for other brands!
Everything is up to date on the Alpha 7m3 version 2 and the Ronnin S, I calm down by posing the EPZ 18-105 ...
And there surprise the zoom with the Focus Wheel and very slow, then fast, or does not act at all! Yet in the settings, I even put the priority on the optical zoom only to not create conflict (after trying everything) and it works very badly! there is only the Rec and "focus" self by pressing lightly on the Rec that works ... the rest is not professional!

Hi WeGo, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and the update, the pulling focus is still under developing, we do have the release date yet, for the zoom speed issue, we have been aware of this and will keep optimizing the future firmware, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans205e9d3e Posted at 2018-10-14 14:34
Dear Mindy

Does the MCC - Multi cable also power the camera while plugged? Cause i would love to power my A6300 while using the Ronin-S, everyone knows the batt of the 6300/6500 drains quick. So this option is a must for me.

Hello there, I fully understand your frustration, but this has been settled and I cannot change it either. The MCC-Multi cable cannot charge the camera, we have just released some accessories several days before, here is the Ronin-S DC Power Cable: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-dc-power-cable
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

МИШКА Posted at 2018-10-12 12:57
I have seen a video on YT where someone uses the Sony a6300 with the MCC-B cable.
And he can use the Start/Stop Rec function.

Hi МИШКА, I also see some users use MCC-B cable with Sony A6300, but there are issues more or less, officially, MCC-B is not compatible with Sony A6300, therefore, the performance cannot be fully ensured. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

polg Posted at 2018-10-14 02:07
There is an update for the Sony Alpha 7Rm3 .... But I still don't get it to work with my Ronin-S .... Does somebody tested it too ?

Hi polg, are you referring to Sony A7R III? If yes, it can connect to Ronin-S via RSS-IR and MCC-Multi, may I have more details of the troubles during the connection? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseaf43ff8 Posted at 2018-10-14 10:31
Hi Everyone,
I have been using my Ronin-S with my A7R-III with TOTAL SUCCESS.  Yes, I did have to order a "Multi" cable from DJI, but it was delivered to California within a few days.

Hi Pete, sorry for my late response and thanks for your feedback, please note the Pulling Focus is still not available for Sony model cameras, the Focus Wheel can only be used to zoom currently, you can half press the Camera Control Button to auto focus.
May I have a short video about the 'barfs' issue? Thank you in advance.

2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules