Urgent help- I think something's wrong with my airs photos!
1415 16 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WoLAKzwHrQCG
lvl.1
Australia

Hi guys, so i just bought my new mavic air, absolutely loving it! Had a few successful flights to start and some amazing videos... i noticed on day 1 the photos was super blurry, if i zoom slightly in, the lines were very wavy or grainy. Today i attempted adjusting pretty much every camera setting i could manually and took about 10 photos. Despite the image being different due to shutter changes etc etc they were all still constintently blurry. Anyway im heading over to europe next week and wanted to be sure if its a hardware defect that i get it swapped over in the dji store before then! Ive looked at a few photos online and they are super clear, comparable with my samsung s9 or even better! But honestly I would rate my current photos equiv to maybe the first gen iphone! Anyways, attached a few photos i took stuffing around. Hope you can help!
thumb_dc5330dc2d3e7f52_1528700262000.jpg
screen_909e53becf3b9234_1528868356000.jpg
thumb_0ad1fbd4ff11a444_1528772192000.jpg
2018-6-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Can you take several pictures with trees, house and different light angles with all settings auto, save file with raw format and ratio 4:3,style 0,0,0 and upload here? Some professional pilots able to help you
2018-6-14
Use props
JPrad
lvl.1
Australia

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-6-14 06:15
Can you take several pictures with trees, house and different light angles with all settings auto, save file with raw format and ratio 4:3,style 0,0,0 and upload here? Some professional pilots able to help you

Thanks guys, I've got an older iphone 6 that I'll try as per Gamora's suggestion it being a non-supported model, also I'll take a few photos tomorrow as suggested Prime-mavic!
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are these off the internal storage/SD card or from the app? If the latter then use the footage saved to the SD card as the photos in editor are designed more for quick playback and are very basic plus any transmission issues will show up too. The footage on the SD card is straight from the camera and a true reflection of the camera (not live feed) settings. If you want to improve the quality of the live feed then fly in an area with less interference and use an iPhone.
2018-6-14
Use props
JPrad
lvl.1
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-6-14 06:20
Are these off the internal storage/SD card or from the app? If the latter then use the footage saved to the SD card as the photos in editor are designed more for quick playback and are very basic plus any transmission issues will show up too. The footage on the SD card is straight from the camera and a true reflection of the camera (not live feed) settings. If you want to improve the quality of the live feed then fly in an area with less interference and use an iPhone.

Thanks A CW, Yeah, I've been viewing them through the DJI album and also my samsung gallery app (as it saves to my phone). Its being taken on the internal 8gb SSD until my micro 124gb arrives.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the photos using my old iphone as above, and see if that resolves. If not, ill upload directly from the SSD (view on my pc) and to this forum.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thank you for reaching DJI support, we apologize if you are having problems with your photos taken with your Mavic Air, you mention that you are currently using a Samsung S9, sad to say this is not yet supported to run the DJI app, below are the list of compatible devices.

2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

JPrad Posted at 2018-6-14 06:23
Thanks A CW, Yeah, I've been viewing them through the DJI album and also my samsung gallery app (as it saves to my phone). Its being taken on the internal 8gb SSD until my micro 124gb arrives.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the photos using my old iphone as above, and see if that resolves. If not, ill upload directly from the SSD (view on my pc) and to this forum.

I think that if you view the pictures from your phone, you are not looking at the actual aircraft photos.

You should pull the SD card from the aircraft and take a look at them.  Or, plug the aircraft into your PC with the included USB-C cable and import the photos from the aircraft.  I'm pretty sure it will be better.

Also, make sure that you're using a compatible SD card in the aircraft that is fast enough to write at the speed the Mavic Air wants to write.

Hope you're able to get it sorted!
2018-6-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Thanks A CW, Yeah, I've been viewing them through the DJI album and also my samsung gallery app (as it saves to my phone). Its being taken on the internal 8gb SSD until my micro 124gb arrives.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the photos using my old iphone as above, and see if that resolves. If not, ill upload directly from the SSD (view on my pc) and to this forum.

The full resolution pictures are in the internal storage of your Mavic Air. Connect it to a PC or Mac and download them from there.
2018-6-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

The image quality from phone always bad compare to one which are saved on sd card in your drone. So if you need the best quality then copy directly from your quad. Have safe flight.
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using the iPhone may improve the transmission quality to the device but as I said, you'll need to take the images from the micro SD card &/or internal storage. You can obviously use the internal storage until the SD card arrives.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it seems that you are checking the cached pictures in the mobile devices. The quality pictures are saved in the SD card of the aircraft, it is recommended to take out the SD card or connect the drone with PC to check.
2018-6-14
Use props
JPrad
lvl.1
Australia

These are the JPEG's. all around 5mb and very clear. The DNG are extremely slow to upload to this forum as are 25mb each!

2018-6-15
Use props
JPrad
lvl.1
Australia

Hey guys, so i took the images as requested. Raw + JPEG. Auto. 4:3 ratio and 0.0.0 filter. Here are the 3 DNG files to match the above JPEG's. I Cannot view them properly with normal wind 10 photo viewer, (just shows a dodgy thumbnail). Hope someone can confirm if this seems fine!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci83n ... l0ONJ5YUjMWeqa?dl=0

ps. brought my iphone today but forget to bring the lightning cable for the remote so couldnt test that theory, but its intersting they say S9 is not supported- seems perfectly fine to me all but some lag on the FPV video stream at 200m away and 30m alt.
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JPrad Posted at 2018-6-15 00:05
These are the JPEG's. all around 5mb and very clear. The DNG are extremely slow to upload to this forum as are 25mb each!

[view_image]

That's much better - very clear!
2018-6-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is nothing wrong with your Air's images, they are crystal clear and pin sharp. The issue was the method you used to view them.
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-15 00:41
There is nothing wrong with your Air's images, they are crystal clear and pin sharp. The issue was the method you used to view them.

2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JPrad Posted at 2018-6-15 00:22
Hey guys, so i took the images as requested. Raw + JPEG. Auto. 4:3 ratio and 0.0.0 filter. Here are the 3 DNG files to match the above JPEG's. I Cannot view them properly with normal wind 10 photo viewer, (just shows a dodgy thumbnail). Hope someone can confirm if this seems fine!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci83nq4l36dpc6t/AADYmuXplvGl0ONJ5YUjMWeqa?dl=0

I don't get lag in my live feed at 1,800m and 120m AGL in a CE area... If you are getting video lag at 200m (1/10th of the range in CE and 1/20th in FCC) then your device is not fit for purpose mate.  
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules