Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO Mobile 2 overheats randomly
3052 7 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lynk
lvl.1

Just bought this thing for use with my Note 8 while on my vacation and twice it has gone crazy on me (trying to turn on the gimbals past the limits making a weird noise and then flashing yellow lights) I have made sure to adjust the level on both axis first before turning on. After the first time this happened, i did a gimbal reset and calibration. The next day while using it for about an hour it did it again while taking a panorama. I also noticed the vert tilt gimbal was hot to the touch. I decided to turn it off and planning on swapping out with another at bestbuy.

Is this a known issue with this device? this is my first gimbal stick.

I purchased this on the 3rd of June, i dont have the serial of it on me right now but after work i can provide.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry to know if you have to experience this issue, may I know If you encountered an error message on DJI GO app? Please provide the firmware version of your Osmo mobile 2? Did we remove the case on your phone when you're using the Osmo mobile 2?
2018-6-14
Use props
Lynk
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-14 08:24
Sorry to know if you have to experience this issue, may I know If you encountered an error message on DJI GO app? Please provide the firmware version of your Osmo mobile 2? Did we remove the case on your phone when you're using the Osmo mobile 2?

If i remember correctly it was something about overheating. This popped up as soon as the phone dropped from being supported by the gimbals.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lynk Posted at 2018-6-14 08:57
If i remember correctly it was something about overheating. This popped up as soon as the phone dropped from being supported by the gimbals.

Thanks for the response, You could go ahead and contact the re-seller or you can contact our support for further evaluation. Please see the link.
www.dji.com/support
2018-6-14
Use props
Lynk
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-14 09:18
Thanks for the response, You could go ahead and contact the re-seller or you can contact our support for further evaluation. Please see the link.
www.dji.com/support

Is this a known issue or just random possible defective unit? Should i connect to my machine to check for fw update?
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lynk Posted at 2018-6-14 10:06
Is this a known issue or just random possible defective unit? Should i connect to my machine to check for fw update?

As of the moment we haven't received a large volume of this type of issue, however, we will keep monitoring this issue for further investigation as well.
2018-6-14
Use props
mooremusic96
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-14 12:16
As of the moment we haven't received a large volume of this type of issue, however, we will keep monitoring this issue for further investigation as well.

Hi there Tony,

I actually am experiencing the same kind of issue with my Osmo 2 gimbal. My dad and I both have our own and we have the same issue with the gimbal falling like it had been turned off, that I believe the OP is speaking about. Sometimes I use the app, and sometimes I just use the default camera on my iPhone, but I get the same overheating issue. Is this a defect then? Should I be concerned? It happens just about every time I use it for a longer period of time. I am not even in a hot area when operating it... Gopro has the same issues with there cameras. Hoping this isn't the same issue... I would love your thoughts on this because this issue is not gone...

Michael
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mooremusic96 Posted at 2-8 11:25
Hi there Tony,

I actually am experiencing the same kind of issue with my Osmo 2 gimbal. My dad and I both have our own and we have the same issue with the gimbal falling like it had been turned off, that I believe the OP is speaking about. Sometimes I use the app, and sometimes I just use the default camera on my iPhone, but I get the same overheating issue. Is this a defect then? Should I be concerned? It happens just about every time I use it for a longer period of time. I am not even in a hot area when operating it... Gopro has the same issues with there cameras. Hoping this isn't the same issue... I would love your thoughts on this because this issue is not gone...

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video of this situation wherein the gimbal seems to be falling? You may upload the link using google drive or dropbox to upload the link. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules