The WORST company with the WORST support, here's why
4511 30 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j
lvl.1
Canada

I will try to make this brief, but what has happened with DJI up to now is UNNACCEPTABLE and makes DJI the WORST company and support EVER. I will NEVER buy from this company again and I will surely take to my social media page with 1 million followers to let them know how bad of a company DJI really is.

I bought a DJI Spark in April. This is my second drone as I already had purchased a Mavic AIR a few weeks earlier. The Spark was going to be used with the family and the AIR was going to be used more professionnally. I already had a alot of flying experience before buying the Spark.

On the first day I flew the Spark, everything went well and the drone was working fine. Though, the second time I used it, it started behaving strangely. The drone would not hover in place properly and it would move left / right / up / down by itself. This started to happen as the drone was around 30 ft in the air. While trying to bring the drone back to me for further troubleshooting, the drone moved erratically and ended up crashing in a tree and falling to the ground on the grass. The drone seemed fine with only a cracked camera lens (video was still working fine), but after changing the battery and recalibrating the compass and IMU, the drone still behaved the same erratic way.

After contacting DJI about the issue, they told me to send the drone in for repair, and that's what I did. after a week and a half, the drone arrived at their California facility and was inspected for cause of damage. To my surprise, the request was DECLINED and the reason cited was the following: "Our flight team determined the Unit was in Atti mode due to low satellites, and was responsive to RC input. At t=61s, relative height=1m, unit recorded external impact, then fell. Unit was flying indoors, mixed with no gps, the vision position sensor can not perform properly." Now this was the first lie that DJI told me. The drone was NEVER flown indoors and it was much higher than 1m when it crashed. So I suspected the drone's log might have been mixed up with another drone's log, so I replied to support and asked for a reevaluation of damages. I didn't want to waste too much time on this because DJI mentioned that after 72h, the drone would be sent back to me in the same state. So a day later, after not having received any reply, I sent another email to DJI asking them again to have the damages reassessed.

Here is the next reply I received from DJI: "Thank you for your email. I accessed your case to check its progress and upon checking the replacement request had been approved. An email has been sent to you to inform about its shipment and tracking number."

Great ! So I thought, they read my email, they reassessed the damages, and just like it should have been the first time, they finally approved the replacement request. And just like he mentioned, I received an email with a shipment and tracking number shortly after. But it doesn't stop there. After waiting another week and a half, I finally received my replacement drone... except it wasn't a replacement drone. It was the same broken drone that I had sent to DJI.

This time, instead of sending an email to support to ask what was going on, I decided to call DJI support, and after waiting 10 minutes, I finally got to talk to someone. I then politely started telling the agent my horror story, and the agent put me on hold 2 times 15 minutes each. When the agent came back, he acknowledged that the previous agent did in fact tell me by email that the replacement had been approved, so I would need to send in the drone AGAIN, but that this time it would be replaced.

So I send my drone in again to DJI, and one week later, they receive it. To my surprise, a day later the request is DECLINED again with the following message this time: "Upon inspection of your Spark our technicians found impact damage. Flight data concluded that there was no malfunction and the cause of the damage was due to force impact. Due to the discovery, the unit does not qualify for an exchange." So a different day, another declined request, way less details about the reason this time. But why have been told by 2 agents that my request had been APPROVED?

So 2 months had already passed since the begining of this ordeal, so being tired of it all, I simply decided that I'll would have it quoted for repair. Today I received the quotation for the drone: $305, which includes $65 shipping. ARE YOU CRAZY DJI? IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS?

I have to admit this has been the WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I have ever experienced my entire life.

Beware DJI that although you might be making big bucks right now selling your garbage products, treating customers like this will have a huge negative impact on your business in the long run. And I will certainly be the first one of tell my 1 million fans about it in an article that will soon be published.

I swear, don't buy DJI products, unless you like wasting your time, money and being treated like garbage.
2018-6-14
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Can you upload the flight details?
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-14 08:52
Can you upload the flight details?

I don't have the drone, DJI has it. I'm not sure what's going to happen next as I've declined the repair since it's way too expensive.
2018-6-14
Use props
fans90c13814
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>

Here we go.
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the bump.
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 08:55
I don't have the drone, DJI has it. I'm not sure what's going to happen next as I've declined the repair since it's way too expensive.

You have a flight record in your DJI go4 app
Find the flight in question and upload it

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

After post the link, please
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:33

It will have to wait until I receive the drone from DJI as my phone was factory reset after the incident. Unless the log was saved online somewhere and I can retrieve it.
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:33

But even if the error was a pilot error, the way this support case was handled by DJI by letting me know the request was approved two times, and then decline the request and have me ship the drone so many times wasting many days of the warranty makes it a terrible company. This is NOT how you offer support to customers. When a company tells someone their request is approved, then it should be their responsbility to respect their word, regardless of the situation. I have been lied to many times by different people at DJI and nothing will excuse the way this case has been handled. Bad reputation comes from bad cases like these, and it doesn't take many cases like these to have people talking. Believe me, I'm not done talking about it.
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 10:38
It will have to wait until I receive the drone from DJI as my phone was factory reset after the incident. Unless the log was saved online somewhere and I can retrieve it.

Have you synced the Go4 app to the cloud?
If yes, install the go4 again, log in with the account, sync the app.
The logs from the black box will not get YOU any information.
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:44
Have you synced the Go4 app to the cloud?
If yes, install the go4 again, log in with the account, sync the app.
The logs from the black box will not get YOU any information.

I will definitely try that then.

Do you know where the logs are located on an Android phone?
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh, just looking at your account, you having an air and a spark, but no flight distance.
So no syncing, assumingly
Did you fly at all with the go4?
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:47
Oh, just looking at your account, you having an air and a spark, but no flight distance.
So no syncing, assumingly
Did you fly at all with the go4?

Of course I did. That's what I use to fly all the time.
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 10:46
I will definitely try that then.

Do you know where the logs are located on an Android phone?

2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:49

Ok I see the instructions. Thanks.

As for the account, I just remembered I used another account to fly my Spark.
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 10:49

I will definitely try and get the logs for you.
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 10:53
I will definitely try and get the logs for you.

You get them for YOURSELF!
The experienced guys looking in there (which I am not so much) are not doing it for themselves, but all for the pilots with the problem/questions.
And they help a lot.
Not always the way you hope, but they read the logs like it is possible for us outside DJI
But sometimes just this public reviewing got DJI mods to support and to go after the case.
So help yourself, find the log, upload and post it!
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi J, we sincerely apologize for the trouble that may have caused you and for the inconvenience that you're having right now. Can you DM us your case number so  that we can check that on our system. Thank you.
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 11:07
You get them for YOURSELF!
The experienced guys looking in there (which I am not so much) are not doing it for themselves, but all for the pilots with the problem/questions.
And they help a lot.

Will do so S-e-ven. Thanks for your help and support!
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-14 11:07
Hi J, we sincerely apologize for the trouble that may have caused you and for the inconvenience that you're having right now. Can you DM us your case number so  that we can check that on our system. Thank you.

I have many case numbers. Here they are:

CAS-1716860-F4L2D6
CAS-1806880-Z3L9F7
CAS-1847458-L8L8M9

As you can see from those tickets, everything I mentioned happened exactly as I said it. I was told so many different things by your people and so many lies. The request has been declined 2 times, but I was also told by two (2) of your agents that the request was approved and that the drone would be repaired.

This is really frustrating. I will say it again, I've NEVER had such a BAD customer service experience my entire life. We're talking about $600 flushed down the drain that I never was able to enjoy because the drone never worked properly and now DJI is asking me to spend $300 more to have it repaired because of a malfunction. This is insane.
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 11:08
Will do so S-e-ven. Thanks for your help and support!

And get DJI Paladin the case number!
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 11:14
And get DJI Paladin the case number!

I did send it to him!
2018-6-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 11:13
I have many case numbers. Here they are:

CAS-1716860-F4L2D6

I think that you should/can calm a bit down, now!
Trust me, "we" know, you are frustrated! ;-)
The different case numbers locking disturbing.
Like you got always a new case.
So wait a little, I think that the admin will look into all of these cases.
And bring them together!
But try to find your logfile, to look at it yourself and and let it check from others.
Also, if you find it, watch the record IN the app.
With stick moving "on"
2018-6-14
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-14 11:30
I think that you should/can calm a bit down, now!
Trust me, "we" know, you are frustrated! ;-)
The different case numbers locking disturbing.

I'm perfectly calm. But I'm also perfectly angry.
2018-6-14
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-14 08:55

You can find all flight details in your DJI Go app to.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi J, Thank you for those information, I have forwarded it to our respective department for further assistance. You will receive a call or email from them soon. Here is your case number for reference: CAS-1908094-W5X0F0. Thank you
2018-6-14
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

1 million followers... lol.
2018-6-16
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-6-16 12:03
1 million followers... lol.

Thanks for the bump
2018-6-18
Use props
j
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-14 14:59
Hi J, Thank you for those information, I have forwarded it to our respective department for further assistance. You will receive a call or email from them soon. Here is your case number for reference: CAS-1908094-W5X0F0. Thank you

Hi DJI,

Your supervisor tried to call me on Friday, but I was not available. He left a message saying he would call me back, but I did not receive a call since Friday. My drone is still with you and I have no idea what's going to happen next. Great support once again.

Also, your supervisor never addressed the issue of the two (2) support agents who told me the repair request had been approved, but then had been denied again. He only said what has been said over and over again, that the initial request was denied. But no other proof was ever provided. I bet DJI simply refuses all requests so they can never honor the warranty because if they did, they would probably go bankrupt because the quality of their products is so cheap.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

j@nvitos Posted at 2018-6-18 16:03
Hi DJI,

Your supervisor tried to call me on Friday, but I was not available. He left a message saying he would call me back, but I did not receive a call since Friday. My drone is still with you and I have no idea what's going to happen next. Great support once again.

We apologize for the delay because of the weekend, we have informed the team to reach out to you as soon as possible in working hours, we will do our best to make it clear and get the issue addressed, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_6tkyCgBnd5sT
New

United States

I wish I never came across this company. I wish DJI banned from World and eat it’s own products! The worst costumer support I ever can imagine, unfair policies! ...ty products at the end of the story.
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_6tkyCgBnd5sT Posted at 10-8 15:33
I wish I never came across this company. I wish DJI banned from World and eat it’s own products! The worst costumer support I ever can imagine, unfair policies! ...ty products at the end of the story.

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. May I know is there anything we can help you with? Or you can tell us some advice. We would like to learn something from that. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules