Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video and stills all saved to date 31/12/2013
978 31 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Hi. I recently acquired a (used) Mavic Pro Platinum. Despite the fact that it's barely a year old (but hadn't been used for a while) I find that
each time I record video or photographs, they're all filed with the same datestamp - between 23h00 and 24h00 on 31/12/2013. This over a period of several days.
I'm wondering:  possibly there's a tiny CMOS battery in the drone to track date and time and other telemetry? Could that be the source of the trouble?

2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. Please try formatting the SD card and capture some photos or record a video again. Also, you may try resetting the camera settings. Please let us know the result.
2018-6-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-14 11:45
Sorry for the trouble. Please try formatting the SD card and capture some photos or record a video again. Also, you may try resetting the camera settings. Please let us know the result.

Hi Natalia. Thanks for responding. The SD card is a 64Gb device which I have used for a while in my Phantom 4.  It was formatted before use in the Mavic, and then again, to make sure. It appears that the time and date stamp is being written by the drone - which I have only flown using the RC yet, as I cannot get my Android tablet to link to the RC so far. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8") screen, which I've successfully used for over a year with my Phantom 4. Still looking for a solution to that.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-14 23:07
Hi Natalia. Thanks for responding. The SD card is a 64Gb device which I have used for a while in my Phantom 4.  It was formatted before use in the Mavic, and then again, to make sure. It appears that the time and date stamp is being written by the drone - which I have only flown using the RC yet, as I cannot get my Android tablet to link to the RC so far. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8") screen, which I've successfully used for over a year with my Phantom 4. Still looking for a solution to that.

Thank you for your response. I am going to forward this issue to our Engineering Team. Will let you know once we receive their feedback.
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

The date and time comes from the App. My Crystal Sky (Android) does the exact same thing. I have to connect my device via my mobile hotspot to get the correct date and time. Make sure you have an internet connection WiFi or 3/4G to your device.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 05:19
The date and time comes from the App. My Crystal Sky (Android) does the exact same thing. I have to connect my device via my mobile hotspot to get the correct date and time. Make sure you have an internet connection WiFi or 3/4G to your device.

Thanks QK.  AT the moment I'm just flying the drone using the RC, as I cannot get my tablet to link to it yet.  I'm also limited to 30m height and 50m radius relative to homepoint, so I need to sort that problem. The date and timestamps is a minor issue.   I may have to consider a different mobile device if I can't get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to connect to the Mavic. It's a pain, because it runs my Phantom 4 just great.
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

That's odd for sure, if it runs the P4 it should run the MPP as they use the same Go4 App, try turning the drone on first then the RC (let them connect) then plug your device in and start the App. Sometimes the auto launcher will mess things up. Is your Tab S2 networked or WiFi only?
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 10:19
That's odd for sure, if it runs the P4 it should run the MPP as they use the same Go4 App, try turning the drone on first then the RC (let them connect) then plug your device in and start the App. Sometimes the auto launcher will mess things up. Is your Tab S2 networked or WiFi only?

It's wifi only. PLugged into the bottom port on the controller.  Whatever sequence I use for startup, the popup for DJI appears and disappears at one second intervals and cannot be clicked. In developer mode, I change the USB config from MTP to RNDIS ( which works for the Phantom4) but for the Mavic, does nothing.
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:26
It's wifi only. PLugged into the bottom port on the controller.  Whatever sequence I use for startup, the popup for DJI appears and disappears at one second intervals and cannot be clicked. In developer mode, I change the USB config from MTP to RNDIS ( which works for the Phantom4) but for the Mavic, does nothing.

I think you maybe right, sounds like a compatibility issue, maybe time for an updated device, I use a IPad Mini 4 on occasion when I fly Litchi, works well with Go4 as well. Most of the time I'm using a Crystal Sky which also supports Litchi now.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 10:32
I think you maybe right, sounds like a compatibility issue, maybe time for an updated device, I use a IPad Mini 4 on occasion when I fly Litchi, works well with Go4 as well. Most of the time I'm using a Crystal Sky which also supports Litchi now.

I've been debating with myself about a change of mobile device. I use Litchi as well as DJI Go4 on the samsung with no issues, but if it's going to be a pain I might well invest in a different device for the Mavic.
Never had any Apple devices - would you rate the Ipad mini 4 ?
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:45
I've been debating with myself about a change of mobile device. I use Litchi as well as DJI Go4 on the samsung with no issues, but if it's going to be a pain I might well invest in a different device for the Mavic.
Never had any Apple devices - would you rate the Ipad mini 4 ?

I use The Mini 4 (Wifi Only) I just use my hotspot on my cell phone for internet connection / Maps when flying P3P, MP, MA and P4P with no issues. I have had issues using Android devices/phones in the past that is why I got the Mini 4 as IOS seems more solid with DJI products.

If you want a dedicated device then the Crystal Sky works great. I use the 5.5" which is great in bright sunlight.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 10:54
I use The Mini 4 (Wifi Only) I just use my hotspot on my cell phone for internet connection / Maps when flying P3P, MP, MA and P4P with no issues. I have had issues using Android devices/phones in the past that is why I got the Mini 4 as IOS seems more solid with DJI products.

I've got some thinking to do   My old eyes need a bigger screen these days.  I've been looking at the spec for the iPad 4 mini. Apparently it's 203.5 mm long - a few millimetres bigger than my Samsung, which just fits between the extended arms of the Mavic RC.  Does the iPad actually fit?
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-15 11:18
I've got some thinking to do   My old eyes need a bigger screen these days.  I've been looking at the spec for the iPad 4 mini. Apparently it's 203.5 mm long - a few millimetres bigger than my Samsung, which just fits between the extended arms of the Mavic RC.  Does the iPad actually fit?

Yes it fits perfectly.

2018-6-15
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

And it has GPS also right?
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

Thanks!  A picture's worth a thousand words
I'll be looking at the wifi/cellular version I think.  Would I need a longer cable than the short one supplied with the Mavic?
Time I had a more modern phone - still using an old Nokia from the '90s.
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-6-15 13:05
And it has GPS also right?

Not sure as I only use it as a dedicated device for flying. I know when I use it with the Go4 App or Litchi it shows GPS co-ordinates in the App's.
2018-6-15
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 13:41
Not sure as I only use it as a dedicated device for flying. I know when I use it with the Go4 App or Litchi it shows GPS co-ordinates in the App's.

If you can set home point to RC it has decent GPS.
2018-6-15
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:26
It's wifi only. PLugged into the bottom port on the controller.  Whatever sequence I use for startup, the popup for DJI appears and disappears at one second intervals and cannot be clicked. In developer mode, I change the USB config from MTP to RNDIS ( which works for the Phantom4) but for the Mavic, does nothing.

If plugged into the bottom port on the RC remember to unplug the left side micro USB on the RC.
2018-6-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-6-15 13:47
If you can set home point to RC it has decent GPS.

Pretty sure the WiFi only doesn't have it. Never tried the Dynamic HomePoint feature.
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 14:43
Pretty sure the WiFi only doesn't have it. Never tried the Dynamic HomePoint feature.

No it doesn't mate - the device needs a GPS module for dynamic home point to work.
2018-6-15
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

Pretty sure the WiFi only doesn't have it. Never tried the Dynamic HomePoint feature.

Then I think it's worth adding the cellular to it for the future.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-15 14:00
If plugged into the bottom port on the RC remember to unplug the left side micro USB on the RC.

Thanks DK. No, I'd removed that cable to begin with. It would have been too short anyway I think.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

Looks like I'll be going for the wifi/cellular iPad then.
I'll just write my letter to Santa................
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Blériot, could you upload some original pictures in the SD card for analysis? We'd like to check the exact status. Thanks in advance!
2018-6-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-16 02:42
Blériot, could you upload some original pictures in the SD card for analysis? We'd like to check the exact status. Thanks in advance!

Hi Susan. The enclosed is one of three pictures I've just taken. Actual date 17/06/2018 and time 16h50 local (14h50 GMT).
When downloaded from the drone, the date and time from the EXIF info is:
01/01/2014 date taken, at 00h02.
31/12/2013 date modified at 23h02

2018-6-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-15 05:19

Update:  A pal and fellow drone enthusiast from the next village came round this afternoon. He's a Parrot Bebop2 user, but I don't hold that against him
We downloaded the DJIGo4 App to his smartphone - a Samsung Galaxy S5 - and it connected the Mavic straight away, flew it perfectly, and recorded video. More importantly, when downloaded, the video had the correct time and date stamp.  The proof that you were right QK, that info comes from the phone and App.   Problem solved.  Cheers!
2018-6-18
Use props
fans5aee5495
Captain
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>

You can use the tab s2, but you need to power off the s2, then plug the usb lead from the bottom of the RC to the s2. Turn on the RC, then turn on the s2, it should now connect when you open the g04 app. Enjoy its a great screen on the s2.
2018-6-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

fans5aee5495 Posted at 2018-6-18 07:42
You can use the tab s2, but you need to power off the s2, then plug the usb lead from the bottom of the RC to the s2. Turn on the RC, then turn on the s2, it should now connect when you open the g04 app. Enjoy its a great screen on the s2.

I thought I'd tried that sequence, but decided to take your advice.
As soon as I plugged the cable into the S2, it started drawing a charging current from the RC - even though the tablet was at just about 100% having been charged the previous evening and not used since.
That worried me a little, but Hey Presto! when I booted up the tablet and the boot sequence had completed, up popped the tab offering the choice of loading DJI Go4 or Litchi.
The App loaded with no dramas and I flew a 5 minute mission ( with video) to test out the Mavic.
I'm finding the controls more responsive than I'm used to on the Phantom4, so the movements are a little jerky. Perhaps I'll dial down the settings a little when I've had a bit more practice.
Thanks for the tip - it certainly worked!
2018-6-18
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-18 07:31
Update:  A pal and fellow drone enthusiast from the next village came round this afternoon. He's a Parrot Bebop2 user, but I don't hold that against him
We downloaded the DJIGo4 App to his smartphone - a Samsung Galaxy S5 - and it connected the Mavic straight away, flew it perfectly, and recorded video. More importantly, when downloaded, the video had the correct time and date stamp.  The proof that you were right QK, that info comes from the phone and App.   Problem solved.  Cheers!

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-18 07:31

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the issue has been figured out. Enjoy it!
2018-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-22 02:15
Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the issue has been figured out. Enjoy it!

Thanks Susan. Yes, once I was able to connect a mobile device to the RC, the problem was solved automatically. Cheers.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-22 02:55
Thanks Susan. Yes, once I was able to connect a mobile device to the RC, the problem was solved automatically. Cheers.

That's great! Have a nice weekend!
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules