Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic drops like a brick - DJI does not stand behind product
1458 15 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TDU7146975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 936240 ft
United States

Hi All,
I have a DJI Spark and purchased a Mavic back in January after flying by brothers several times.  I go out to the same desert location and purchased the drone to take video of my kids riding their quads.  Long story short DJI does not stand by their product, word to the wise - if your DJI go 4 app crashes do not fly your drone, land immediately becuase your flight data stops at that point and DJI will ananyse your data and tell you sorry here is 30% go buy another one - BS!!!  talked to a manager and still no resolution - woking on a larger discount but that is still BS if there is a malfunction it should be addressed!!!  there is a link for the flight records.  I am staring this post as a warning to all from the lesson I have learned so far.  I have a word doc where I explained the whole account to DJI from start to finish.

Kent D. (Support)

Jun 12, 01:14 CST

Hi Tom,

I completely understand the frustration that this situation has caused.
     Don't worry, I have requested for some one from our support groups to reach
     you the soonest possible time. They should be in contact with you     approximately
     within 24-48 hours to discuss the matter and get to a solution.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience but thank you for the opportunity
     that you have given me to assist you.

Best Regards,

Kent
     DJI Support.

tom

Jun 8, 12:34 CST

Hi Kent,

This is     unsatisfactory that I keep getting emails from Evelyn – Higher up     management needs to get involved in this matter. This is completely bad     customer service and unsatisfactory for such a new product that has a     warranty and a DJI Refresh contract that has never been used. The thing     that bothers me the most is the danger that can pose, a drone just falling     from the sky when they are supposed to automatically return home. There was     a major problem for the remote to disconnect and the drone to fall out of     the sky out in the middle of nowhere with no data in the remote as a back     up. It is not my fault that the engineers did  not program in such a way     that data can be retrieved and be useful from the remote. So if the app     crashes you lose the GPS coordinates and any data trail from that point on     if you do not land the drone right there u will never find it if it fails,     what are you supposed to do? This has been a horrible experience for such a     costly item. I think I will never fully trust a DJI product from this point     on to do what it was designed to do and to function how it was supposed to     function. If the safety features built in do not work or if they are not     able to in my case because a fault happened and the only datea is in the     drone that is not the consumers fault. Rather then say we are sorry for the     product malfunctioning DJI says here is a discount just buy a new one you     must have done something wrong!!! THAT IS VERY UPSETTING and FRUSTRATING. I     was so happy with my unit before this incident and would do nothing but     promote what a good product DJI made to friends and co-workers – Now this     impression I had has been tarnished. This is like Volkswagen with their     diesel gate and I unfortunaly was one of those who was affected but at     least they handeled it very well when it came to the customer, they bought     the car back, paid a fee for the problems / inconvenience caused and also     gave a discount on another VW / Audi product so that at least a bad     experience was handled in a positive way. I know the founder of DJI based     on what I have read in the past would not be happy with this and I indent     to keep moving up the ladder with this problem / complaint until I reach     him.

Below is the     latest email I have received

Thank you

Tom

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your     cooperation.

I sent the info     to our analysts team and got the feedback that we had already checked it     for you before we emailed you the final result. We looked into it for you     one more time and unfortunately there is still no useful information found.     We apologize for the frustrating experience you have had.

The 30% off     offer for Mavic Pro without charger and remote controller will be valid for     a month for you. Please let us know when you would like to accept it.

Thanks for your     support and understanding. Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Evelyn

DJI Tech     Support

-------------------     Original Message -------------------

Sent from Mail     (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986)     for Windows 10

Thank you Kent,     I hope this can be resolved quickly and a replacement sent out soon.

Sent from Mail     (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986)     for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:12 AM
     To: tom
     Subject: [Support] : RE CAS-1820959-Y4G4N6

tom

Jun 8, 10:33 CST

Thank you Kent,     I hope this can be resolved quickly and a replacement sent out soon.

Kent D. (Support)

Jun 8, 00:12 CST

Hi Tom,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
     Let me try to get in touch with our support team to handle this
     and see if there will be anything that they can do for us to resolve
     this issue the soonest possible time.

Thank you for the time and patience!

Best Regards,

Kent
     DJI Support.

tom

Jun 5, 19:37 CST

HI Kent,

I have been in     contact with Evelyn and it appears we are just going in circles and I am     getting more angary every time I get an email. Please see below: I need     somebody to get involved in this matter before I loose my patience..

Dear Customer,

Thanks for     getting back to us.

First off all,     we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for this whole experience     and thank you for extending your patience for this matter. However

Sorry that the     manager doesn't handle customers' cases directly, however when necessary we     do contact her for solution. They also need to offer solution based on the     analysis result while obeying the warranty policy. For this case, I've     contacted the manager for solutions and the 30% off discount is the best     and final offer we can get in this case.

The DJI Go app     will record more data and more details in a flight than the remote     controller. You can send your remote controller data to us and we are     willing to look into it for you. But we have to make it clear that it might     of no use. The data stored inside the remote controller will not be in     order and it can not be one to one correspondence to the flight record     data.

Please let us     know if you want to take the 30% off offer. Thanks.

Have a nice     day.

Best regards,

Evelyn

DJI Tech     Support

Hi Evelyn,

The Mavic does     not require the DJI go4 app to fly and this is a problem in it self if the     flight info is not stored in the remote. I wish to speak to a senior     management. It is not my fault the data in the RC is not sufficient for     data analysis, I did not program the unit. If DJI has manufactured the     Mavic Pro to be able to fly with out the DJI go4 App but not record vital     info in the remote this is a problem on DJI’s part and not the end user and     the unit should be replaced immediately. The aircraft malfunctioned plain     and simple as my 17 year old son was watching it and now there is no doubt     here on my part, the question is why. If the data that is stored in the RC     is encrypted it is up to DJI to figure out how it malfunctioned. I am on     your side as far as wanting to find the aircraft for more extensive data     analysis and plan to use the replacement drone to help scan the area     between the last coordinates in the app and the last distance on the     remote. Iven if the remote does not record GPM location with out the app     does it not record any other info such as distance, height etc.? If this     was a $100-$200 dollar toy as my first drone I learned to fly was I would     not be so frustrated. DJI Mavic is a very expensive technological unit with     advance technology that DJI seems to not stand behind. I am not one for     stirring up trouble and bringing attention with the FCC but if DJI does not     stand behind their product and figure out why this occurred the FCC will     need to get involved because it imposes danger and risk to people and     property. I am also going to start a post on the forms as other pilots need     to know if this incident and how DJI does not stand behind their products.     My aircraft fell from the sky when the remote disconnedeted with no piolet     error and this is what I intend to push to the FCC if DJI does not do     something. It is up to DJI to find out why and how this malfunction     occurred and if DJI can not prove there was no malfunction then in good     faith a replacement unit should have been shipped out immediately. Since     DJI did not find any conclusive information to explain the detail of the     incident a replacement unit should have been sent, a 75-80% discount should     have been offered at the least, it is a slap in the face to have been     offered 30% discount when no pilot error has taken place and unit is still     under warranty and on top of that DJI refresh was purchased.

Again I wish to     speak to upper management and wish to have all info from the RC explained     and given. I want to know what the final distance / height recorded in the     remote and any other info that may be vital.

Thank you

Tom

Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 4:07 AM
     Subject: RE: CAS-1820959-Y4G4N6 CRM:0430000007137

Dear Customer,

Thanks for     getting back to us.

It is not     available for us to get any further coordinates of the aircraft when the     flight record already ended. The 35.2871139 -117.8005378 is the last     recorded coordinate of the aircraft in the app but not the final location     of the aircraft. The remote controller data is not sufficient for the data     analysis.

We really want     to figure out why the aircraft didn’t return to home. Because if it’s pilot     error, we want to give advice to the customers and also if it’s not, we     want to improve our products.

However for     this case, the cause was not recorded.

The aircraft     showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction. Since we did not     find any conclusive information to explain the detail of the incident, a     30% discount was offered.

We are sorry     about the frustrating experience you have had. We assure you we do not     deliver this result lightly. We carefully examined your case, and are     confident the data assessment is accurate.

We have offered     you the 30% discount, as a sincere gesture of our apology. You are not     obligated to re-order the lost product, but if you choose to do so, we are     here to help.

For the DJI     Care Refresh, sorry that it doesn't cover this case. But if you would like     to purchase an new aircraft, when the new aircraft arrives in, you can send     an email to djicare@dji.com who can     help to transfer DJI care refresh. Below are required from them:

Serial number     of the new aircraft and gimbal

Serial number     of the original aircraft and gimbal

DJI care     refresh agreement number

Again, we     apologize for your loss.

Best Regards,

Evelyn

DJI Tech     Support

Received: 2018/5/31 13:59
     To: DJI Support_US
     Subject: RE: CAS-1820959-Y4G4N6 CRM:0430000007027

Hi Evelyn,

I do not accept     this explanation, you have told me nothing more here than what I explained     in my initial report. The coordinate 35.2871139 -117.8005378 is exactly     where my app crashed so of course the drone is not in that area. Did any     body actually read my report, I told you I flew straight after the app     crashed and at 2200+ feet the remote disconnected!!!!!! This is the     coordinates I need in order to recover this drone properly for analysis! I     am super frustrated, why did the drone not RTH when the remote disconnect and fall like a brick instead?     This has nothing to do with the piolet but a fault in the software or     hardware of the drone. The coordinates you gave me of     35.2740678,-117.8007320 is the take point (RTH). Does your datea analysis     show that the home point was recorded? It does on my flight record when I     checked it so why did the drone not (RTH) – because it fell straight down     out of the sky!!!!! If you actually look at a map of where I was flying, it     is vast open area not populated. Almost no body goes in that area so no     body will find my drone and call my phone # I placed on it. Of course there     was no sign of abnormality because at the last coordinates you gave me the     remote was still connected and functionable, only the app crashed!!! My     kids always follow my flights with binoculars if I fly more than 3000 feet     away in this area due to the back ground making it hard to see the drone     against the desert hills. My son told me they saw the drone drop from the     sky, now I am starting to believe that it malfunctioned as I saw in another     reports. Is this what DJI products are coming to, we all have to worry     about them just falling and DJI just brushing it off with no real     explanation? My brother has a Mavic and so do a few friends, all are     awaiting my outcome and too un easy to fly afraid theirs might fall also     and hurt somebody or damage somebodies property!

well our mavic     fell into the ocean with 40% battery left un able to retrieve the drone     nothing came good out of it... really not happy with DJI they only offered     us 30% discount that only last for a month that we have to use on their     website to purchase a new drone which we have to pay for.. as they couldn't     prove how this happened... really not a happy customer never buying one     again

This seems to     be a serious problem! What is the point of having a warranty and what is     the point of paying extra for DJI refresh?

What is the     last coordinate from the data pulled from the remote?

What is the     battery % data pulled from the remote?

Was the remote     data analyzed???? I am thinking not!

Thank you

Tom

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:48 PM
     Subject: CAS-1820959-Y4G4N6 CRM:0430000007027

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your     patience.

For your case     CAS-1820959-Y4G4N6, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is     as follows:

1. The GPS     signal was fine and the aircraft worked under Sport mode.

2. T=10:56,     h=11.9 m, d=1447.4 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed up     the elevator stick, then the app record ended.

3. The takeoff     coordinate 35.2740678 -117.8007320; the last coordinate 35.2871139     -117.8005378.

The record     ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened     afterward.

We truly     appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and     would like to purchase a new one, we can offer you a 30% off coupon for a new     aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger):

If you would     like to accept the offer, please reply to my email with the contents as “I     accept the offer”.

And may I know     when you place the order, do you want to have the aircraft shipped to the     United States?

Should you have     more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this     email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email     in 2-3 working days.

Best regards,

Evelyn

DJI Tech     Support

This email and     any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged     material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying,     or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is     strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact     the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies     of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

Here is what happend and what I sent to DJI
2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

To whom it may concern.
Just to give you a little background.  I also have a spark and had another drone before that, but it did not have GPS.  My brother purchased a Mavic Pro to fly when we go out camping in the desert and is why I upgraded to the spark and Mavic Pro.  I saw the great features and the peace of mind that it had GPS and smart features.  I have been very pleased with both but especially the Mavic Pro and I plan to upgrade to the Mavic Pro II when it comes out and give my 17 yr old son the Mavic Pro as he flies the Spark.   I go out camping in Kern County California about once a month and like to fly and record my kids riding their quads.  When I first purchased this drone I flew it many times at multiple locations for my work taking aerial shots.  I flew a few times at my house just to show my wife and during one of those flights I flew over to my father in laws house 2 blocks away January 27th 2018 and this is the 1st time I experienced a disconnect of the DJI Go 4 app.  I lost video feed so I stopped.  I restarted the app and it still would not re-connect.  The Remote was still connected, and the Mavic was hovering in front of my father in laws house and I had clear line of sight so proceeded to fly back home and land.  I shut everything off and then turned back on and all was good.
On Sunday May 20th approx. 7-7:30am I proceeded to take my 96th flight.  Did all my pre-flight check list of inspections as I always do and made sure everything was fully charged.  Up until this flight I have had no trouble with my Remote disconnecting from my Mavic Pro, only had it disconnect from the DJI GO 4 app or the app crash a few times.  I am very cautious and have never hit anything or crashed.  I do have the quieter silver tipped propellers from the Mavic Pro Platinum and that is the only upgrade other than a 228mb micro SD card.  The typical location that I go camping in is on a plateau so almost any direction I fly I am at the highest point and the valleys to both sides are lower.  This time I headed out my usually direction south west in sports mode in my line of sight to about 8400 feet away 5.5min flight time and had descended to a -262 feet to check out an abandoned camp I had seen for a couple of months and was going to report to the ranger.  At this point I turned and headed back and proceeded in sport mode with over 70% battery life.  I continued back and proceeded to ascended back to a height to fly back up to the Plateau that I was camping on.  At 39 feet high and 55% battery I headed the opposite direction North west over the valley to my North.  I continued at 39 feet the rests of the flight and flew out that direction to almost 6200 feet still in my and my kids line of sight and at 43% battery I turned to fly back.  I made a large sweeping turn to the right (east) to head back.  At 4747 feet my DJI GO 4 app disconnect and I lost video feed.  I was not too concerned cause this had happed a few times before, the remote was still connected I had control and my kids and I could still see it.  I restarted the app but again the app would not re-connect.  I was flying in a complete straight line and could see the distance on the remote closing to home point indicating the craft was in fact coming back but I mostly focused on the drone to keep my eye on it being that I had no live video feed and didn’t want to lose sight of it against the background.  I had never experienced any problems out in the middle of the desert and I assume because there is nothing there to cause interference.  At about 2280 feet the remote disconnected and I had no control over the craft.  The screen just kept reading connecting…..  I waited about 10-15 sec and still nothing.  I moved the controller sticks and none of the numbers changed.  I push the return home button and it just give a single beep.  At this moment my heart skipped a beat as I could not see the craft anywhere and my kids said they saw it just drop while I was fiddling with the remote control sticks.  I was not too worried and know that if there is a disconnection it will return to home automatically.  I explained to them that maybe it just looked like it dropped if the RTH sequence started to make it move. Why would the remote disconnect, why would the RTH not automatically start with a disconnect of the RC and why would the craft just fall out of the sky if in fact that happened???   I have read on several forms of fly aways due to pilot error and also came across several reports of remote disconnect and the craft falling.  This if very concerning and alarming to me!
Immediately I grabby by Spark and turned on “find my drone.”  We walked to the location on the GPS on “find my drone” in the DJI GO 4 app and searched the surrounding area for over an hour and could not locate it.  I also used the Spark from about 100 feet I started to search but at just 20 feet distance I gave up because every rock and bush looked the same on the Sparks video.  We walked back to our camp spot and I started to review the flight record.  Once I reviewed it I saw that the last GPS location was at 4747 feet away which is where my video feed stopped and I was able to fly back to 2200 feet which of course is not showing on the flight record.  I could also see that I had flown in a straight line the whole flight back til the app disconnected.  I have a note 8,  So with screen shots of the flight record on my screen I drew a straight line with a straight edge and my pen.  I then measured the distance from home point to my flight path at 2200 feet when I passed as I was flying away and drew  ½ circle so that I could get a intersection point and have a point of reference.  With that info and my GPS we walked out to that location and also searched there for about an hour.  I tried to used the Spark briefly and we were still not able to locate the unit.  After that we walked back and packed up and left to come home.  I went on line and started my claim but want to be able to find the unit due to all the video and pictures I have taken over the past several weeks while out there camping.  I have downloaded the files from the RC and they are attached as well.  Can these files form the RC be look at and a GPS location be given from these records so that I can go and search some more?
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TDU7146975 Posted at 2018-6-14 12:15
To whom it may concern.
Just to give you a little background.  I also have a spark and had another drone before that, but it did not have GPS.  My brother purchased a Mavic Pro to fly when we go out camping in the desert and is why I upgraded to the spark and Mavic Pro.  I saw the great features and the peace of mind that it had GPS and smart features.  I have been very pleased with both but especially the Mavic Pro and I plan to upgrade to the Mavic Pro II when it comes out and give my 17 yr old son the Mavic Pro as he flies the Spark.   I go out camping in Kern County California about once a month and like to fly and record my kids riding their quads.  When I first purchased this drone I flew it many times at multiple locations for my work taking aerial shots.  I flew a few times at my house just to show my wife and during one of those flights I flew over to my father in laws house 2 blocks away January 27th 2018 and this is the 1st time I experienced a disconnect of the DJI Go 4 app.  I lost video feed so I stopped.  I restarted the app and it still would not re-connect.  The Remote was still connected, and the Mavic was hovering in front of my father in laws house and I had clear line of sight so proceeded to fly back home and land.  I shut everything off and then turned back on and all was good.
On Sunday May 20th approx. 7-7:30am I proceeded to take my 96th flight.  Did all my pre-flight check list of inspections as I always do and made sure everything was fully charged.  Up until this flight I have had no trouble with my Remote disconnecting from my Mavic Pro, only had it disconnect from the DJI GO 4 app or the app crash a few times.  I am very cautious and have never hit anything or crashed.  I do have the quieter silver tipped propellers from the Mavic Pro Platinum and that is the only upgrade other than a 228mb micro SD card.  The typical location that I go camping in is on a plateau so almost any direction I fly I am at the highest point and the valleys to both sides are lower.  This time I headed out my usually direction south west in sports mode in my line of sight to about 8400 feet away 5.5min flight time and had descended to a -262 feet to check out an abandoned camp I had seen for a couple of months and was going to report to the ranger.  At this point I turned and headed back and proceeded in sport mode with over 70% battery life.  I continued back and proceeded to ascended back to a height to fly back up to the Plateau that I was camping on.  At 39 feet high and 55% battery I headed the opposite direction North west over the valley to my North.  I continued at 39 feet the rests of the flight and flew out that direction to almost 6200 feet still in my and my kids line of sight and at 43% battery I turned to fly back.  I made a large sweeping turn to the right (east) to head back.  At 4747 feet my DJI GO 4 app disconnect and I lost video feed.  I was not too concerned cause this had happed a few times before, the remote was still connected I had control and my kids and I could still see it.  I restarted the app but again the app would not re-connect.  I was flying in a complete straight line and could see the distance on the remote closing to home point indicating the craft was in fact coming back but I mostly focused on the drone to keep my eye on it being that I had no live video feed and didn’t want to lose sight of it against the background.  I had never experienced any problems out in the middle of the desert and I assume because there is nothing there to cause interference.  At about 2280 feet the remote disconnected and I had no control over the craft.  The screen just kept reading connecting…..  I waited about 10-15 sec and still nothing.  I moved the controller sticks and none of the numbers changed.  I push the return home button and it just give a single beep.  At this moment my heart skipped a beat as I could not see the craft anywhere and my kids said they saw it just drop while I was fiddling with the remote control sticks.  I was not too worried and know that if there is a disconnection it will return to home automatically.  I explained to them that maybe it just looked like it dropped if the RTH sequence started to make it move. Why would the remote disconnect, why would the RTH not automatically start with a disconnect of the RC and why would the craft just fall out of the sky if in fact that happened???   I have read on several forms of fly aways due to pilot error and also came across several reports of remote disconnect and the craft falling.  This if very concerning and alarming to me!

It’s an amazingly long post, for anyone to read, what I can get from it is . You say you were 2200 feet away, dji say according to log you were 1500 metres away whic is approx 5000 ft at a height of only 11 metre, when transmission was lost. You then say you managed to fly directly back in a straight line to approx 2200 ft but you now had vision line of sight as did your children when you lost RC signal, then while still in vision line of sight your children saw it come down.

I suppose my first question is this , why not walk a straight line 2200 ft to where your children seen it come down. You could also walk back to the dji 1500 metres last coordinates and the track back in a straight line approx 2800 ft and again you would be in the region of where it dropped or landed, you did say it was clear and open space.

If you think that sending a drone out to find it you could always send your spark, but certainly for me you would have a much better chance of finding it on foot by simply measuring the 2200 ft from take off particularly as more than one of ye had vision line of sight, because if it dropped it dropped there.

With regards to dji decision, this one is fairly standard they offered you 30% it can often be only 15% and this seems to be the offer when they can’t see aircraft malfunction in remaining log, I suppose they are looking at it from the fact that , they don’t know where your drone is if you still have it if it’s lost or if someone else has it, I very much doubt they will change their mind, so maybe your only other option is to go out and try finding it.

It would also be good to see your flight log you could just click on link and below follow instructions and come back here and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-6-14
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Can't see any issue with DJIs reaction here.  Without logs from the controller or the drone itself its impossible to see what happened and therefore who is to blame.  As the vast majority of drone crashes are user error they arent going to randomly start giving away new drones for zero evidence.

"line of sight 8400ft away".  Really, you can see a drone from 1.5 miles away?!  Not buying that.
2018-6-14
Use props
Ring Trail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325807 ft
France

…..  I waited about 10-15 sec and still nothing.  I moved the controller sticks and none of the numbers changed.  I push the return home button and it just give a single beep.  At this moment my heart skipped a beat as I could not see the craft anywhere and my kids said they saw it just drop while I was fiddling with the remote control sticks ...

Very very long post, now according to your sequence of events and I don’t want you to think I’m taking any sides but did you by any chance at the moment you felt your heart skipped a beat, and your fiddling with the control sticks, did you accidentally pull both sticks down inward or outward? if you pull those sticks that’s game over
Find the drone confirm was not pilot error or just take the 30%
2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

gnirtS - as I said I just posted as a warning - if your app crashes you from that point on have no flight date being recorded so you must last immediately and go get your drone.  I did send DJI the remote controller data but I have no idea what it actually records.  It appears what ever data is in the remote is useless, I was just hoping they could get GPS info but I guess not.  I rarely fly very far and when I do I always have one of my kids watch it.  Kinda ironic they sell DJI googles but want you to keep a line of sight! lol
Hallmark007 - I was at 4700 feet when the app crashed on the return back which seems to be a common thing but the remote it self disconnected at aprox 2200 feet and when it did the drone just shut off and dropped.  I go to that area all the time in the winter, I will keep looking for it when I go back after all the snakes go back into hibernation.  I am determined to find it cause I want the flight data out of it to know exactly why it shut off at that moment the remote disconnected.   The area is all desert and although it is a vast open area it is full of desert bushes, rocks and hills.  I may never find it but i know no body else will because no body ever walks or bicycle rides in this area, they all use there ATV's where they are allowed to - people are too lazy to go out hiking in this area! lol

Again I only posted to give a warning to everybody with a Mavic Pro who thinks if the app crashes they will still have any flight data recording after that.  you will have GPS to the location where the app crashed but if you keep flying you will not be able to use find my drone - it will take you to the last recorded location in the app. which will not help you find it.  BTW even if you have a straight line of site your self if it is more than couple hundred feet way it will be very hard to find it with out GPS location to start from this is why I give this warning.  2nd reason is if the flight records stops and you keep flying and ur drone disconnects from the remote DJI will not replace it.
2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

Ring Trail - I never pushed both controllers at the same time just forward and back and kept watching the #'s on the screen that is when my son told me he saw it drop.  
2018-6-14
Use props
Ring Trail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325807 ft
France

If you have other Dji aircraft get Dji GSP Ground Station Pro app is great tool to help find your drone, in 3D Map area you can set very accurate flight search paths in an area you lost the drone, after you set a mission will fly in autopilot,  try you will like it
Good luck
2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

Thanks - I have a spark so I will try that in October when I go back.
2018-6-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Now i saw the connection issues started to raise with more cases. I think dji should carefully investigate this issue fast and see if any reason affect this and fix. Did you manually choose connection frequency (2.4/5.8) or let it pick automatically?
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TDU7146975 Posted at 2018-6-14 14:51
gnirtS - as I said I just posted as a warning - if your app crashes you from that point on have no flight date being recorded so you must last immediately and go get your drone.  I did send DJI the remote controller data but I have no idea what it actually records.  It appears what ever data is in the remote is useless, I was just hoping they could get GPS info but I guess not.  I rarely fly very far and when I do I always have one of my kids watch it.  Kinda ironic they sell DJI googles but want you to keep a line of sight! lol
Hallmark007 - I was at 4700 feet when the app crashed on the return back which seems to be a common thing but the remote it self disconnected at aprox 2200 feet and when it did the drone just shut off and dropped.  I go to that area all the time in the winter, I will keep looking for it when I go back after all the snakes go back into hibernation.  I am determined to find it cause I want the flight data out of it to know exactly why it shut off at that moment the remote disconnected.   The area is all desert and although it is a vast open area it is full of desert bushes, rocks and hills.  I may never find it but i know no body else will because no body ever walks or bicycle rides in this area, they all use there ATV's where they are allowed to - people are too lazy to go out hiking in this area! lol

Look I’m just trying to help work out where your drone might be, you said you had Care refresh so it doesn’t matter what condition you find it as long as you find it.

I wish you luck with whatever you end up doing with dji.
2018-6-14
Use props
TDU7146975
lvl.1
United States

Optimus - I agree with you that they should but with out the data in the drone nothing more will happen the data the RC is useless apparently it does not keep any GPS info.  If I remember right it connected automatically.  One thing I never mentioned is I did have an update right before that flight, I let it run the shut everything off then turned back on and if flew fine with no problem the whole flight until the remote disconnected only thing I remember on the display at that time was Connecting......

Hallmark thank you, that is what they say but I have to find it first.
2018-6-14
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

It’s not a good way to looking for help with very long post. I just don’t want to read that. Please only post the summaried key points if want others to read.  
2018-6-14
Use props
Big Nana
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

GDL Posted at 2018-6-14 23:25
It’s not a good way to looking for help with very long post. I just don’t want to read that. Please only post the summaried key points if want others to read.

Can't agree more, this post must be the longest one on this forum, time waster.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tom, we are so sorry for your loss and the inconclusive data analysis result, we would like to figure out the reason as much as you do so that we could keep improving our product, unfortunately, the flight records ended and we are unable to find out what happened afterward. I see our supervisor has contacted you and reached an agreement of the final resolution with you. We apologize again for what happened and please let us know if there is any other issue. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules