Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThinAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659150 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi there !
Keep getting ''Backward Vision Sensor Calibration Error'' message. Tried to calibrate through Go 4 app, to no avail. Twice I got a message that looked like it did work, but haven't got the time to read what it was saying (message prompted for like 3 seconds !). Then, app says calibrate through Ass2, wich, by the way, doesn't allow us to calibrate the rear sensors ! (only front and downward). So, anyone had that message before, and sorted it out ?
Thanks!!!
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for this trouble. May I know on which unit this error you are getting? Thank you.
2018-6-14
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-14 15:33
Sorry for this trouble. May I know on which unit this error you are getting? Thank you.

Hi Natalia,
It's on a Phantom 4 Pro.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThinAir Posted at 2018-6-15 05:00
Hi Natalia,
It's on a Phantom 4 Pro.

The Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems can be calibrated with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO. If there is an error with the Forward, Backward, or Downward Vision Systems, a prompt stating that auto calibration for the Vision System is required will pop up in the DJI GO app. Follow the instructions in the DJI GO app for calibration. It is recommended to calibrate the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems with DJI Assistant 2. If you don't have a computer at hand, calibrate them with the DJI GO app.
2018-6-15
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-15 05:27
The Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems can be calibrated with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO. If there is an error with the Forward, Backward, or Downward Vision Systems, a prompt stating that auto calibration for the Vision System is required will pop up in the DJI GO app. Follow the instructions in the DJI GO app for calibration. It is recommended to calibrate the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems with DJI Assistant 2. If you don't have a computer at hand, calibrate them with the DJI GO app.

Thanks Natalia for your quick reply !
I did calibrate hte Forward + Downward Sensors with Ass2. It did work. But how to calibrate the Backward Sensors ? The only way is through Go 4 app. Tried it 5 times to na avail. But on 2 occasions, the app prompted what seems to be a quick message looking like it has worked out, but, as I said, the message lasted only a few seconds. And then, the app tells me to calibrate through Ass2, wich cannot calibrate Backward Sensors !!!
That is where I'm stuck, for now !
p.s.: When I try to calibrate the Backward Sensors with the Go 4 app, I tap 'Calibrate' and then the app show s how to move the AC: holding the AC at arm's lenght, drawing a square. The back LED on the AC blinks red when it doesn't work, then yellow when the app is calibrating the sensors. When I finish the calibration with the LED blinking red, calibration fails, but twice, the app managed to finish the calibration with a yellow blinking. And that'a when I get the really quick message in the app. But it goes to fast, then I get the 'Try to calibrate through Ass2' message.
Hope that it helps you to guide me on the right track !
Thanks !
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThinAir Posted at 2018-6-15 06:33
Thanks Natalia for your quick reply !
I did calibrate hte Forward + Downward Sensors with Ass2. It did work. But how to calibrate the Backward Sensors ? The only way is through Go 4 app. Tried it 5 times to na avail. But on 2 occasions, the app prompted what seems to be a quick message looking like it has worked out, but, as I said, the message lasted only a few seconds. And then, the app tells me to calibrate through Ass2, wich cannot calibrate Backward Sensors !!!
That is where I'm stuck, for now !

Have you tried updating or refreshing the firmware of your aircraft? If not, kindly update it and re-calibrate it.

2018-6-15
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-15 06:37
Have you tried updating or refreshing the firmware of your aircraft? If not, kindly update it and re-calibrate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_WEtnqI7c

Hi Natalia,
I was able to refresh the AC's FW through Ass2. But when I try to do it through Go 4 app, it fails.
This is what I get:
Product: Phantom 4 Pro RC
Current version: 01.04.01.00
Get Firmware Version Failed (written in red)
Select Firmware version  (None)
When I tap Firmware Refresh, Installing stays at 0% and get message 'Firmware Installation Failed. Restart and retry.
Rings any bell to you ?
Thanks again for your support !
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThinAir Posted at 2018-6-16 07:58
Hi Natalia,
I was able to refresh the AC's FW through Ass2. But when I try to do it through Go 4 app, it fails.
This is what I get:

Thank you for your response. Do you have another computer that we can use to try refreshing the firmware of the aircraft? If there is none, then I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility for a repair. You may start the process by clicking on this link: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-16
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-16 08:30
Thank you for your response. Do you have another computer that we can use to try refreshing the firmware of the aircraft? If there is none, then I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility for a repair. You may start the process by clicking on this link: http://www.dji.com/support

Hello again Natalia,
It's not the computer: the firmware refresh did work with Assistant 2.
WAIT ! Just found why !!!! I didn't have the latest Ass2 version ! That is why I couldn't calibrate the backward sensors !
I installed the latest Ass2 and waas able to calibrate all OA system.
Thanks again for your kind support !
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThinAir Posted at 2018-6-16 11:51
Hello again Natalia,
It's not the computer: the firmware refresh did work with Assistant 2.
WAIT ! Just found why !!!! I didn't have the latest Ass2 version ! That is why I couldn't calibrate the backward sensors !

Great job! Happy flying!
2018-6-16
Use props
brimbo mavic zoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7700 ft
Malta

I have a Mavic2 Zoom and i have a problem with backing sensors.I tried several time to do calibration with dji assistent but i cannot complete calibration as shown in my photo.Updated with latest firmware.thanks
Screenshot_20190201-131820.jpg
20190202_134953.jpg
2019-2-2
Use props
brimbo mavic zoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7700 ft
Malta

Any help please?
2019-2-2
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi brimbo,
If you  checked you have latest Assistant 2 version (v2.0.6) and still not working, I guess something is wrong with the OA unit.
Are you able to do the calibration in Ass2 though ?
2019-2-6
Use props
vbublica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92 ft
Croatia

i have the same problem on my brand new Mavic air , after just two flights....I have an android phone and seems there is no dji Assistant 2 for Android , right? How can i resolve this problem without DJI Assistant 2 ? Thanks....
2019-3-9
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

vbublica Posted at 3-9 10:57
i have the same problem on my brand new Mavic air , after just two flights....I have an android phone and seems there is no dji Assistant 2 for Android , right? How can i resolve this problem without DJI Assistant 2 ? Thanks....

Hi vbublica,
Calibration of Obstacle Avoidance is done in app (Go 4) or with Assistant 2, on a computer. Assistant 2 is not an app, it's a software installed on a computer.
If Obstacle Avoidance needs calibration, it's the Go 4 app that will prompt a command to do calibration.
Hope this helps !
2019-3-12
Use props
djiuser_zJyiAqHMAN7V
New

United Kingdom

Help! It's the top warning that won't go.
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_Hs0EPT0iBdZ7
New

United States

I replaced landing gear and now have no satellites seeing my drone and backward camera error
Don’t know what to do
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules