A few questions about DJI Inspire 1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alden
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I've had a mavic air for a little while and then just recently aquired an inspire 1. I've noticed a few little differences and am wondering about them.
The Inspire seems to not stay as steady in the wind as the mavic. It drifts when just hovering, a lot more then the mavic. Makes me nervous flying in proximity to trees. Is this just the old dji go software capabilities vs the dji go4?

Same goes for the signal. Even in populated areas with a lot of competing signals the Mavic easily goes 1/2 mile away without any interuptions (it goes a lot further but thats the furthest I need it to go). The inspire 1 drops connection fairly easily at around 100ft distance. I know the mavic needs the antennas parallell to eachother and perpendicular to the drone, is the orientation the same with the inspire? I have the inspire set to "P", and am using an Ipad (maybe that messes with signal?)

Last question. I do a lot of 360 panos for a job. I miss the functionality of the dji go 4 pano, but they want the footage from the inspire, so i have to use the original dji go. Whats a good 3rd party app that can offer this that is reliable? I could manually do it, but i need to be fast and efficient with the battery life.

Thanks!

2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize if you're having some issues with your Inspire 1 right now. Can you provide to me the firmware version of your aircraft, remote and the app? What mobile device are you using for your Inspire 1? Do you see any error message prompting on the screen of your app? If so, can you take a screenshot of it?
2018-6-15
Use props
Alden
lvl.1
United States

It says overall status: normal (latest firmware) . flight mode p-gps. I installed the app 2 days ago so that has to be the latest correct? Im not sure how to check the remotes firmware, but at least on my mavic it bothers me a lot when theres an update, so i assume the firmware is up to date.

only errors that occasionally pop up while i have it in office is radio channel quality goes from good to red sometimes and satellites connections fluctuates 9-12.

Do you have a good suggestion of a 3rd party app that can reliably shoot 360 panos? I have a gig tomorrow that I need to do that with
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Alden Posted at 2018-6-15 08:06
It says overall status: normal (latest firmware) . flight mode p-gps. I installed the app 2 days ago so that has to be the latest correct? Im not sure how to check the remotes firmware, but at least on my mavic it bothers me a lot when theres an update, so i assume the firmware is up to date.

only errors that occasionally pop up while i have it in office is radio channel quality goes from good to red sometimes and satellites connections fluctuates 9-12.

I see. If that's the case, your drone should be flying normally and smoothly. You can try to fly it again and please let us know if the same problem will occur. In regards to the third-party app, I understand that you want to use a different app but we really can't recommend any third-party apps since DJI Go app and DJI Go 4 app is the only app we authorized for the customer to use for DJI Products. Also, it will automatically void the warranty once there will be a damage to the drone.
2018-6-15
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Alden, have you calibrated the IMU and compass? That may solve your problem. Safety First! Ken  
2018-6-16
Use props
Alden
lvl.1
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2018-6-16 06:10
Alden, have you calibrated the IMU and compass? That may solve your problem. Safety First! Ken

I do the compass, looks like i have to do that every time i unpack the inspire is that correct? I havent done the IMU yet however, that might solve it. thanks!
2018-6-16
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

You do not need to do a compass calibration every time you decide to fly. You need to do a IMU celebration. This could be your problem.
2018-6-17
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-6-17 06:41
You do not need to do a compass calibration every time you decide to fly. You need to do a IMU celebration. This could be your problem.

Do the IMU when the Inspire is cold.
2018-6-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Hangar 360  works great!

Randy
2018-6-27
Use props
dronto