DJI Announcement July 18 What will it be?
4422 61 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Something will probably cost me another GRAND+  !!!
2018-6-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-16 13:53
Something will probably cost me another GRAND+  !!!

That for sure is GRANDted But we might be sitting in the same boat... ;-)
2018-6-16
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

I’m going to try and be so restrained if it is a Mavic replacement with a killer camera but I know in reality I’ll be more

2018-6-16
Use props
Leev
New

I almost pulled the trigger on a new MPP and then the announcement popped up! Gotta wait now...
2018-6-17
Use props
MoltoLeonard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167402 ft
Italy

I just put a P4P V2 in my shopping cart. I already have a MP and personally I don't feel the need of a better camera in a drone so portable, so if the announcement is about a new mid-end drone like the MP i would not be intrested (i doubt it would be better than the phantom series).
In your opinion should i go ahead and buy the P4P V2 or is there any chance that they will unveil a Phantom 5?
2018-6-20
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

It should be this
6F5985A6-50F8-412A-9BAA-08649F73D256.jpeg
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Folkestone Posted at 2018-6-16 14:57
I’m going to try and be so restrained if it is a Mavic replacement with a killer camera but I know in reality I’ll be more

[view_image]

2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

MoltoLeonard Posted at 2018-6-20 23:19
I just put a P4P V2 in my shopping cart. I already have a MP and personally I don't feel the need of a better camera in a drone so portable, so if the announcement is about a new mid-end drone like the MP i would not be intrested (i doubt it would be better than the phantom series).
In your opinion should i go ahead and buy the P4P V2 or is there any chance that they will unveil a Phantom 5?

I would hold off because what if you change your mind after whatever is released is released and also may drop the price of the p4pv2.  That is if you can wait that long.  If not then go for it.
2018-6-21
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 12:41
I had just posted it in a parallel thread opened by somebody else:

Hah, this is exactly what I expected to happen right after Autel and Parrot would eventually launch their new models! D-Day is coming and I fully agree with others here that it will most probably be what many of us have been waiting for. The still new and outstanding Zenmuse X7 and the even more recent dual version with infrared cam are far too recent for yet another camera. On the Osmo and Ronin side all is too new still as well and the teaser picture clearly points to a flying device. On the Phantom branch we have just seen the launch of the P4P V2, thus not a P5 to expect this fast afterwards. What remains now is something new (whatever it will be called) replacing the Mavic Pro series and being below 900 grammes weight. Today I realised another indication for this. Just go to the main DJI website and watch which products are displayed there one after the other https://www.dji.com/ . The only model familiar to us that is missing there is the Mavic Pro/Platinum.

the question I would like to know is, will the new Mavic Pro 2, etc.... if anouned on the 18th. Will the Camera Equal or even beat the Phantom 4 Pro's Camera?  I ask this even though I just bought a new P4P Version Two, and can return it on the 19. It's still NIB and Unopened. I ordered it the day before the announcement news.  I will update the flight data to my Spark later tonight. I think you may find it interesting. my guess is.... maybe i should had done a more recent compass calibrations because I hadn't done one for a month.
2018-6-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bobsma Posted at 2018-6-21 06:59
the question I would like to know is, will the new Mavic Pro 2, etc.... if anouned on the 18th. Will the Camera Equal or even beat the Phantom 4 Pro's Camera?  I ask this even though I just bought a new P4P Version Two, and can return it on the 19. It's still NIB and Unopened. I ordered it the day before the announcement news.  I will update the flight data to my Spark later tonight. I think you may find it interesting. my guess is.... maybe i should had done a more recent compass calibrations because I hadn't done one for a month.

We all have many questions indeed but will have to wait for the day. Let me know if you believe I can help you with your Spark.
2018-6-21
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-6-16 06:37
(Clearing throat) The announcement will be for the mavic Pro iris almost identical to the mavic Pro only significantly larger in size with a camera with a one inch senor with interchangeable lenses and 6 way obstacle avoidance. It will also have quite props, 1080 live feed and will be priced at around the same as the current mavic series....

then they will no longer be able to sell any P4P.... so I think you are Wrong.
2018-6-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2018-6-21 11:26
then they will no longer be able to sell any P4P.... so I think you are Wrong.

The p4 Pro has the same camera as the inspire 2 with x4 zenmuse and they sell a lot of inspire 2’s so I think you are wrong and I am right......
2018-6-21
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-6-21 12:43
The p4 Pro has the same camera as the inspire 2 with x4 zenmuse and they sell a lot of inspire 2’s so I think you are wrong and I am right......

your wrong because we all know you are wrong. the inspire 2 has many camera options to begin with.
2018-6-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2018-6-21 22:36
your wrong because we all know you are wrong. the inspire 2 has many camera options to begin with.

One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken....
2018-6-22
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MoltoLeonard Posted at 2018-6-20 23:19

It’s hard telling,not knowing but if I were you I would wait till after the announcement. A few years ago I order the “new and improved” phantom 2 v3 thinking it will be a long time before dji does any other upgrade and low and behold two weeks later they unveiled the phantom 3 with better camera and lightbridge and it was $400 cheaper!!
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-6-22 03:29
It’s hard telling,not knowing but if I were you I would wait till after the announcement. A few years ago I order the “new and improved” phantom 2 v3 thinking it will be a long time before dji does any other upgrade and low and behold two weeks later they unveiled the phantom 3 with better camera and lightbridge and it was $400 cheaper!!

Gosh, that must have been a tough one to swallow, were you able to return the P2?
2018-6-22
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-22 03:34
Gosh, that must have been a tough one to swallow, were you able to return the P2?

At the time, lightbridge was a new thing so I had know idea how superior it was over wi-if so I held on the the phantom 2  too long and missed the return date, I ended up buying the phantom 3 and sold the phantom 2 too a coworker of mine for $500 bucks. I took a $1000 loss on it
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-6-22 04:00
At the time, lightbridge was a new thing so I had know idea how superior it was over wi-if so I held on the the phantom 2  too long and missed the return date, I ended up buying the phantom 3 and sold the phantom 2 too a coworker of mine for $500 bucks. I took a $1000 loss on it

That's not fun. I had a huge loss on my few months old Spark as well once the Mavic Air had come out...
2018-6-22
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-22 04:49
That's not fun. I had a huge loss on my few months old Spark as well once the Mavic Air had come out...

I took a loss on the spark as well, on my first flight I did a gesture to make the spark take a “selfie” and it took off flying to the left until it crashed into my porch...
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I just really am excited to see what will be unveiled on July 18th as I am sure whatever it is will be amazing since after all how often does DJI do an announcement and each time they do something awesome is out.  
2018-6-22
Use props
sunvizionnet
New

Croatia

well we will see it almost july do Telecom network configuration software http://www.sunvizion.com/product ... guration-management
2018-6-26
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

a drone with an hydrogen cell !!! 4 hours flighttime!!!
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules