Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CARE REFRESH! SHOULD I BUY IT???
8624 22 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exoticross
lvl.1
Denmark

Today I got my hands on the awesome Mavic air. Im just thinking should I buy the care refresh pack as well. And I am just wondering if the services provided by DJI is really worth it. I have read about people having trouble with the servicing of the DJI products. Should I be worried or just go for it?
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You can check this link to know more about DJI Care Refresh: https://www.dji.com/service/djic ... dsite&from=nav.
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go for it - peace of mind if nothing else
2018-6-15
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

Totally yes buy it is worth it just to keep your mind calm.
2018-6-15
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I vote worry.
2018-6-15
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

You should without a doubt but you need to hurry.  If you want to get it with no hassle you need to within 48 hours.  If you want it after that period you need to submit a video.  
2018-6-15
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I really want to get it but DJI did not sell it in Vietnam
2018-6-15
Use props
ALLEN YIP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402890 ft
Hong Kong

I bought it half year before and touch wood no need to use it up to now.
Actually, I fly with my super experienced friend and taugh me a lot of safety flight skills and knowledge as well
2018-6-15
Use props
exoticross
lvl.1
Denmark

thank you for all the replies.much appreciated..
2018-6-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Having it seems the best insurance to never need it to me :-) I even consider going for Care Refresh+ once it will be available in Europe and my country.
2018-6-16
Use props
Ian McColl
lvl.1

Australia

Personally I wouldn’t bother.
2018-6-16
Use props
Ian McColl
lvl.1

Australia

Personally I wouldn’t bother. I purchased it, and when I had a flyaway, DJI used any excuse not to validate the claim.
2018-6-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Ian McColl Posted at 2018-6-16 01:19
Personally I wouldn’t bother. I purchased it, and when I had a flyaway, DJI used any excuse not to validate the claim.

The terms for care refresh are very clear. If you can't send in the broken device, it does not apply.
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are new to flying drones, it’s worth getting.
2018-6-16
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

I bought it and I have no regrets
2018-6-16
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I have it, i'm a very new drone flyer. AFAIK it covers everything except when you can't retrieve the drone.
2018-6-16
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get it.  Without question.

My general policy is that if i spend more than $200 on any tech, i get the extended warranty/service plan.  That's what DJI refresh was to me.  I did not get it immediately, and i had to submit a video to get it, but i'm very glad i did.  Well worth it in the event of a mishap.  Which, as it turns out, I seem to be prone to...
2018-6-16
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I got it, used it once, in the past year, renewed it in may, Hope I never have to use it, but will be glad I have it should I need it.
2018-6-17
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve used a claim on my Spark and when I get my Mavic Air today I’ll without a doubt be going for it
2018-6-17
Use props
Chris-NZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787228 ft
Australia

In my experience the DJI Care Refresh Plan has been a complete scam!

I purchased a DJI Mavic device approx Feb 2017 from the DJI.com website and subsequently purchased the DJI Care package in May 2018. The gimbal now stopped working on the device (gimbal motor load too large) so I lodged a DJI Care Refresh case to get the drone replaced.

I am told from the DJI distributor that the drone did not originate from Australia and therefore is not covered under the DJI Care Refresh plan. I have used the “Way Back Machine” to check the terms of service on the 10th of April 2017 and found there is nothing stipulating anything about the device purchase location.

It is now with the DJI legal team to resolve.
2018-10-2
Use props
fans660a577b
New

United States

I would recommend AGAINST the DJI Care Refresh.  My drone crashed into the ocean as a result of drone error. The drone lost Satellite Connection over the ocean and it never regained connection.  The drone is supposed to return to home after extended disconnect time, but that didn't work either.  I provided my flight records to DJI and they clearly showed it was not pilot error, clearly stated that the drone lost satellite connection and never recovered, and it also clearly showed that the drone never made it back to the home point, but crashed into the ocean (so they know Im not just trying to scam them for a free drone).  My DJI MAVIC 2 PRO is also still under the 1 year warranty, so this malfunction should have been covered.  I don't understand why the policy excludes deep water crashes - as long as it's not pilot error.   Whats the difference if we crash on land or in thea sea, if the drone malfunctioned, they shoudl replace it.  SHOULD I JUST NEVER FLY OVER WATER NOW?  I live in Hawaii and I mainly shoot ocean scenes.  BOTTOM LINE- PASS ON THE DJU CARE REFRESH as they will do their best not to pay out.
2019-11-26
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

fans660a577b Posted at 2019-11-26 21:10
I would recommend AGAINST the DJI Care Refresh.  My drone crashed into the ocean as a result of drone error. The drone lost Satellite Connection over the ocean and it never regained connection.  The drone is supposed to return to home after extended disconnect time, but that didn't work either.  I provided my flight records to DJI and they clearly showed it was not pilot error, clearly stated that the drone lost satellite connection and never recovered, and it also clearly showed that the drone never made it back to the home point, but crashed into the ocean (so they know Im not just trying to scam them for a free drone).  My DJI MAVIC 2 PRO is also still under the 1 year warranty, so this malfunction should have been covered.  I don't understand why the policy excludes deep water crashes - as long as it's not pilot error.   Whats the difference if we crash on land or in thea sea, if the drone malfunctioned, they shoudl replace it.  SHOULD I JUST NEVER FLY OVER WATER NOW?  I live in Hawaii and I mainly shoot ocean scenes.  BOTTOM LINE- PASS ON THE DJU CARE REFRESH as they will do their best not to pay out.

I agree with you, if the crash is not due to pilot error even without care refresh and if still under warranty DJI SHOULD replace the drone!
2020-2-10
Use props
wee.minidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151220 ft
United States

bump - any new thoughts on DJI Care Refresh? I just bought a Mavic Mini this weekend and registered it today, so i have another day and a half to buy the care refresh package.
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules