105993 105993 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

At the moment, 6D has not been implemented yet.
2018-6-29
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

in short, for the 5D markIII, in your current development forecast: neither focusing nor control of shooting parameters (time, ISO and aperture). Does DJI plan to develop 5D markIII Canon focus control and shutter parameter control in the short term? Please answer me on this. Otherwise it is better that the owners of 5D markIII buy the Zhiyun Crane V2 gimbal already perfectly compatible with Canon 5D markIII.
I'm sorry because I'm a DJI supporter (owner of S900, phantom 4pro, Inspire2 and Ronin M)
at least the app has all the creative features shown on the site (motionlapse, timlapse, tracking and pano) fully functional for eos 5d markIIi? or even those are a gadget that will come in the future?
2018-6-29
Use props
Jq4209
lvl.3
United States

MvMedia Posted at 2018-6-29 17:59
This sounds promising.... If anyone who has their Ronin-S and a Canon 6D Mark II, could you let us know if this works for you. I am still waiting for my Ronin-S to ship. If i get it before someone else can test, i will test it out and give feedback.

I have a Canon 6D Mark II with an adapter, and it does not work for me.  I can tell the Ronin-S is communicating with the camera, because when I try to operate the camera with the cable plugged in, the camera displays "busy".  So, I am thinking this might be resolved after the next firmware update?
2018-6-30
Use props
MvMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437247 ft
Australia

Jq4209 Posted at 2018-6-30 06:27
I have a Canon 6D Mark II with an adapter, and it does not work for me.  I can tell the Ronin-S is communicating with the camera, because when I try to operate the camera with the cable plugged in, the camera displays "busy".  So, I am thinking this might be resolved after the next firmware update?

Thanks for the info. Hopefully a firmware update is in the works for focus, start/stop and camera controls via mini USB.
2018-6-30
Use props
MvMedia
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-6-29 21:13

Hey Paul, Thank for the reply.
Any idea on the timeframe for this to be implemented?
Just want to know when my Ronin-S will be fully operational?
Cheers
2018-6-30
Use props
fans6a950673
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36631 ft

I got the micro to mini adapter today ($5) for my 5d iii and everything works great!  The focus wheel, video, pics.  It's amazing!
2018-6-30
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MvMedia Posted at 2018-6-29 17:59
This sounds promising.... If anyone who has their Ronin-S and a Canon 6D Mark II, could you let us know if this works for you. I am still waiting for my Ronin-S to ship. If i get it before someone else can test, i will test it out and give feedback.

and, please, also when someone tested the Canon EOS 7D mk II......which I own as well... but I want to be sure that both my Canons (EOS 5D mk IV and EOS 7D mk II) will work...
I still can wait some time........

Thanks in advance!

Gimbal safe!!

Max
2018-7-1
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-6-28 07:43
FIrmware is here and for your 5DMKIV, plug the micro usb cable here:

[view_image]

@ DJI-Paul

thank you... as far as I can see the MICRO-USB (from a cable that is included with the RONIN-S ?) is connected in the LOWER part of the USB 3 connector on the Canon EOS 5D mk IV...

Am I correct?

Thank you in advance for an answer.....

Max
2018-7-1
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2

I assume by the "yet" it means that it is in the works. Will be soon?

I was excited to see that you reported it was working  for 5D, this is rather frustrating that it isn't for the 6D.

And , when will it be fully functional with the 6D, sounds like there are still issues with the 5D.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CanonMax Posted at 2018-7-1 03:23
@ DJI-Paul

thank you... as far as I can see the MICRO-USB (from a cable that is included with the RONIN-S ?) is connected in the LOWER part of the USB 3 connector on the Canon EOS 5D mk IV...

Yes, the micro usb is connected to the bottom part of the port on the MKIV.
2018-7-1
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-1 21:19
Yes, the micro usb is connected to the bottom part of the port on the MKIV.

thank you @DJI-Paul! Any news about the 7D mk II ?
2018-7-1
Use props
jackerin
lvl.3

Finland

fans6a950673 Posted at 2018-6-30 16:00
I got the micro to mini adapter today ($5) for my 5d iii and everything works great!  The focus wheel, video, pics.  It's amazing!

Any chance to test it with the old 5D2? Still using that while saving up for a GH5/Blackmagic...
2018-7-2
Use props
Greene HDTV
lvl.1
United States

In regards to using the Ronin S with the Canon 5D MKIII...

I just took possession of a new Ronin S two days ago.  It is heavy and very well built.  After reading up on anything I could find, I have completed the following:

1) Fully  tested this fantastic new device.  It's amazing indeed!
2) Upgraded the firmware on the Ronin S.
3) Upgraded the firmware on my Canon 5D Mk III
4) Purchased a Micro to Mini USB adapter

I can confirm that the Ronin now controls the auto-focus on a half push quite normally.  The start/stop record now works on the camera.  AND the focus wheel also works as it's supposed to.  So if you are using a Canon 5D MK III, then as long as you install the latest firmware on both, it works very well.

Now for some reason the first time I tried installing the Ronin firmware update, it did not complete properly and it crashed the thing.  However, I did a complete power cycle and tried again and the second time it worked just fine.  So be patient with the firmware update, as always they can be a bit of a pain.

2018-7-3
Use props
simo1978
New
Kuwait

[view_image]

Hello Paul i have canon 5Ds and have the same USB port of Canon 5D mark 4 i plug the cable to the camera and update the firmware  but nothing work no focus no Record nothing work do you have any solution please for my case ??
2018-7-4
Use props
kareemy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13842 ft
  • >>>

Greene HDTV Posted at 2018-7-3 19:37
In regards to using the Ronin S with the Canon 5D MKIII...

I just took possession of a new Ronin S two days ago.  It is heavy and very well built.  After reading up on anything I could find, I have completed the following:

Hi! How did you get the 5D Mk III to work?! im running 1.3.5 on the canon and the latest ronin -s firmware. Have the cable plugged in via the usb adapter... not getting anything. The focus module is just blinking red once a second.

no functionality at all. Should i have my camera in a certain mode?. Any help is appreciated!
2018-7-5
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

kareemy Posted at 2018-7-5 11:32
Hi! How did you get the 5D Mk III to work?! im running 1.3.5 on the canon and the latest ronin -s firmware. Have the cable plugged in via the usb adapter... not getting anything. The focus module is just blinking red once a second.

no functionality at all. Should i have my camera in a certain mode?. Any help is appreciated!

If you are using the latest firmware on the Ronin S and have the correct adapter, make sure you are turning on the Ronin first and letting it boot up fully, and then turn on your camera. Shouldn't need it set to a special mode.

It could also be something wrong with the USB mini/micro adapter.  Possibly try a different one if you have one on hand.
2018-7-6
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

Also make sure the focus wheel switch is set to S bus I believe.
2018-7-6
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
I'm thinking of buying the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-7
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
I'm thinking of buying the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-7
Use props
kareemy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13842 ft
  • >>>

NCP Posted at 2018-7-6 03:38
Also make sure the focus wheel switch is set to S bus I believe.

thanks for the tips! how do you set it to the S -bus? theres no documentation of the focus wheel anywhere haha
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you want to use the original DJI Focus Motor: https://bit.ly/2m5exMu
2018-7-9
Use props
MUZZIEMAN73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370013 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any update on the functionality with the 1DX mkii? I am very frustrated that dji now claims that it is only compatible with stabilisation only. This was never stated until the last few days. I bought this gimbal not just for stabilising but for panorama and motion timelapse. I even sold the existing kit i had that could do these things as the ronin S was their replacement!!! I now have jobs coming up that i can't do, not only that letting these clients down will jeopardise future work!! this is not good DJI! Will this work with my camera or have i spent money on something that doesn't fit my needs? even though through all the hype on youtube and dji advertising nobody said that my cameras wouldn't be able to use the full feature set. I am not HAPPY!!!!!
2018-7-10
Use props
MUZZIEMAN73
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MUZZIEMAN73 Posted at 2018-7-10 01:36
Any update on the functionality with the 1DX mkii? I am very frustrated that dji now claims that it is only compatible with stabilisation only. This was never stated until the last few days. I bought this gimbal not just for stabilising but for panorama and motion timelapse. I even sold the existing kit i had that could do these things as the ronin S was their replacement!!! I now have jobs coming up that i can't do, not only that letting these clients down will jeopardise future work!! this is not good DJI! Will this work with my camera or have i spent money on something that doesn't fit my needs? even though through all the hype on youtube and dji advertising nobody said that my cameras wouldn't be able to use the full feature set. I am not HAPPY!!!!!

any response to this @ DJI-Paul
2018-7-12
Use props
fans1eaa4c60
lvl.1
Australia

Hi @DJI Paul, I have a 6D Mark II and am currently using the RSS-IR cable. I have the most updated firmwares for both my camera and the DJI Ronin S. I can confirm the stop/start video recording works, likewise for image capture. However, the focus wheel does not work nor do the Creative features. Can you please confirm if there is a current work around? If there isn't, can you confirm a RSS-micro USB cable is in the works and when we can expect this and associated firmware to be released? I completely understand that you're busy but would really appreciate a reply to this topic. Cheers, Jim.
2018-7-12
Use props
Agustinmgc
lvl.2
Mexico

fans1eaa4c60 Posted at 2018-7-12 03:43
Hi @DJI Paul, I have a 6D Mark II and am currently using the RSS-IR cable. I have the most updated firmwares for both my camera and the DJI Ronin S. I can confirm the stop/start video recording works, likewise for image capture. However, the focus wheel does not work nor do the Creative features. Can you please confirm if there is a current work around? If there isn't, can you confirm a RSS-micro USB cable is in the works and when we can expect this and associated firmware to be released? I completely understand that you're busy but would really appreciate a reply to this topic. Cheers, Jim.

hello i cant get my 6d mk ii to connect man, could you help me a little here?
2018-7-12
Use props
fans1eaa4c60
lvl.1
Australia

Agustinmgc Posted at 2018-7-12 18:12
hello i cant get my 6d mk ii to connect man, could you help me a little here?

Hey mate, yep - first things first, ensure you have the latest firmware installed for BOTH your 6D II (v1.0.4) and your Ronin-S (1.2.0.1). Then, connect the RSS-IR cable from the Ronin S to the camera, setting the IR cable as close as possible to the sensor. Turn off your bluetooth on your 6D II, turn the camera off, turn the ronin off, then turn everything back on. Once everything is back on, to take a photo from the Ronin-S, ensure you have the self timer mode selected on your 6D II and it'll start working. For video, just switch to video and it'll work. Half pressing the Ronin shutter to focus doesn't work as yet from my testing (this is what I'm also asking DJI Paul about) and likewise for the follow focus wheel. Hope that helps. If not and you're having issues, let me know what issues you're having and I'll do my best to assist. Cheers, Jim.
2018-7-14
Use props
edjerakedje
lvl.2
  • >>>

fans6a950673 Posted at 2018-6-30 16:00

any change to post a quick workaround here, not doing anything for me...
also got a micro-mini adapter, but nothing..
2018-7-14
Use props
samar1979
New
Singapore

Sounds to me like with a firmware updates on both the Ronin and the 5dmark3, it's all working now.  This is good in theory, but can someone tell me how I am supposed to shoot now RAW 4K using my Magic Lantern modules now?  Canon's latest firmware does not let Magic Lantern work at all, and so I'm now caught between a rock and a hard place.... upgrade so I can use the focus wheel , or keep as is and continue to use Magic Lantern but not really able to do pro focus work on indie films.... why is it all so much give and take - why can't we have it all!!!  Does anyone have any solution to this issue?
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans1eaa4c60 Posted at 2018-7-14 03:00
Hey mate, yep - first things first, ensure you have the latest firmware installed for BOTH your 6D II (v1.0.4) and your Ronin-S (1.2.0.1). Then, connect the RSS-IR cable from the Ronin S to the camera, setting the IR cable as close as possible to the sensor. Turn off your bluetooth on your 6D II, turn the camera off, turn the ronin off, then turn everything back on. Once everything is back on, to take a photo from the Ronin-S, ensure you have the self timer mode selected on your 6D II and it'll start working. For video, just switch to video and it'll work. Half pressing the Ronin shutter to focus doesn't work as yet from my testing (this is what I'm also asking DJI Paul about) and likewise for the follow focus wheel. Hope that helps. If not and you're having issues, let me know what issues you're having and I'll do my best to assist. Cheers, Jim.

For the functions you're asking for, it'll require the next update for the 6DMKII and will be connected via a cable, not through the IR cable. It should be coming out any day now.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MUZZIEMAN73 Posted at 2018-7-12 03:04
any response to this @ DJI-Paul

We've got a 1DXMKII in house and currently working on it. Hopefully it makes it into the next update.
2018-7-17
Use props
MUZZIEMAN73
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-17 20:53
We've got a 1DXMKII in house and currently working on it. Hopefully it makes it into the next update.

thanks i  look forward to it,
2018-7-21
Use props
fans1904ef8e
lvl.2

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-17 20:51
For the functions you're asking for, it'll require the next update for the 6DMKII and will be connected via a cable, not through the IR cable. It should be coming out any day now.

What about the Canon 6D (MK1) DJI-Paul?

It was on the list and now has completely disappeared from the updated list!
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_da0GM2h2UIvy
lvl.1

So the 6D cannot be controlled with the Ronin S?

I just received the Ronin S and bought it in order to do timelapse work with my 6D. Will DJI implement the 6D into working with the RONIN S?
2018-7-25
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft

jackerin Posted at 2018-7-2 01:17
Any chance to test it with the old 5D2? Still using that while saving up for a GH5/Blackmagic...

I tested the Ronin-S with the 5D Mark II. It doesn't work. Won't connect. Sorry. I was hoping it would work. But honestly I am used to controlling the camera directly on other stabilizers and glidecams. And I am also used to not having focus control.

The focus control on my 5D Mark III works, but it's not smooth. It's cool to be able to adjust focus in between shots, but it's not smooth enough to adjust focus during a shot. I think an external focus motor would be the best solution.
2018-7-25
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft

FYI, I ordered two different mini-USB to micro-USB adapters off Amazon to test with the 5D3. Both of them worked, but the cheaper ones definitely fit loosely and the housing is slightly bigger.
$5.57 adapter:  http://a.co/awX2oAs
5pcs for $8 adapter: http://a.co/6ZIDJpx

The focus control works but using my 17-40mm lens, the focus wheel is very sensitive. It feel like 1/4 or 1/2 turn for the full range of focus. At f4.0, you can see in the footage where the focus jumps around when being adjusted by the Ronin focus knob. The focus on the lens jumps back and forth quickly very slightly when making fine adjustments.

Are others experiencing the same behavior with their 5D3's?
2018-7-25
Use props
TCG Bryan
lvl.1
Canada

[view_image]

I've got a 5DS R had the IR cable working to start shooting video then I read a bunch of posts, including this one on how to connect the micro-usb and it didn't work. After reading everything that I should be on the latest firmware for both cam and Ronin, I went ahead and updated everything.

I'm now running the latest firmware (1.1.2 R) and the Ronin S running the latest firmware (1.3.0.20) and the micro USB cable plugged in as you have it and in the app under Create>Camera it simply says "Dedicated cable disconnected". I've now tested the IR cable and now that doesn't work either so I'm down to nothing working.

Like most folks here, I bought this because it said the 5D was compatible (focus wheel and all)... but it's really not at this point so now I feel like I am beta testing an in-market product. Not really all that pleased about that as I have a shoot next week that I fully intended to use this for…
2018-7-26
Use props
coffee_king
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44160 ft
United Kingdom

samar1979 Posted at 2018-7-15 21:28
Sounds to me like with a firmware updates on both the Ronin and the 5dmark3, it's all working now.  This is good in theory, but can someone tell me how I am supposed to shoot now RAW 4K using my Magic Lantern modules now?  Canon's latest firmware does not let Magic Lantern work at all, and so I'm now caught between a rock and a hard place.... upgrade so I can use the focus wheel , or keep as is and continue to use Magic Lantern but not really able to do pro focus work on indie films.... why is it all so much give and take - why can't we have it all!!!  Does anyone have any solution to this issue?

53# by Greene HDTV
said
3) Upgraded the firmware on my Canon 5D Mk III
--------------
Im currently using 1.2.3 as I use Magic Lantern (You cant use ML on a firmware newer than this) and Ive been considering buying a Ronin S.

Can anyone here confirm full functionality will ONLY work with Canon firmware 1.3.5 or will it work on older firmware versions such as 1.2.3?

I need Magic Lantern on my 5D iii for MANY reasons (Record restart, exposure when filming, about to get into 4K, MANY other things etc) but if its going to mean the Ronin S is hardly usable on a lower firmware version I'm not sure its the gimbal for me.

Thanks in advance.
2018-8-1
Use props
MvMedia
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-17 20:51

Hey Paul,
Any update on when this firmware will be released?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It’s currently unofficially supported with the current firmware. You just need to get a micro usb to mini USB adapter.
2018-8-2
Use props
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can say the Ronin-S is working perfectly with my 5D Mark IV.
The supplied usb cable plugs in to the lower half of the camera usb port. Everything works as expected.
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules