5968 5 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I shot three timelapse videos...

When I plug my phone into my computer I see the files in a folder called 'VideoCache'  but then in a folder called 'hg300Storage' there are directories for each file with the same file stored in there.  They are the same file legnth so one is not a thumbnail or something.

Now, when I go into the app and delete the videos in create... the files in Video Cache go away... but the ones in 'hg300storage' are still there.
The files are gone from the app but still taking up space on the phone.

What is the proper way to get rid of old videos and pictures?
Is the only way to connect the phone to a computer and clean up the directories??????  

The last time my phone was low on memory, I deleted the app and re-installed it to get rid of old files.. that can't be the only way to free up memory on the phone can it?

2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what mobile device, iOS or Android version, DJI Go app version, and firmware version? We need more information from you, Thank you.
2018-6-16
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-16 03:52
Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what mobile device, iOS or Android version, DJI Go app version, and firmware version? We need more information from you, Thank you.

I think I found the answer to my question.. Settings  clear cache...  iPhone 6 with dji go.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LouisP Posted at 2018-6-18 10:25
I think I found the answer to my question.. Settings  clear cache...  iPhone 6 with dji go.

Yes, you might consider clearing cache the DJI Go app because the videos that saved in your phone is cache as well.
2018-6-18
Use props
rogierhendrikss
New
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 6-18 11:08
Yes, you might consider clearing cache the DJI Go app because the videos that saved in your phone is cache as well.

Does the app log “clear cache” actions somewhere in a file perhaps? All my videos are gone and I need to find out what the hell happened to them. It’s a total nightmare!
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rogierhendrikss Posted at 12-14 15:43
Does the app log “clear cache” actions somewhere in a file perhaps? All my videos are gone and I need to find out what the hell happened to them. It’s a total nightmare!

Hi, sorry to know about what happened. Did you delete the app before? May we have the model of your mobile device? Please keep us posted.
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules