UH OH!! MAVIC PRO 2???? (a must read problem)
2951 51 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-6-17 04:19
LoL guys, just to be clear... you know you DON'T HAVE TO always buy the latest drone, right?

This is pure nonsense right?
2018-6-18
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-6-16 06:32
If you zoom in real close then turn the picture upside down then go to settings and invert colors you can see frank wang with his hand out waiting to take everyone’s money...

hahahaha
2018-6-18
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-6-16 06:23
Even with the 1flight record? Do you think I could fly it again? And July 18 is definently a long ways from now, and that means I have to wait. URGH, why couldn't they announce this last week??

Unless you don't mind working for DJI as a volunteer debugger, I would just keep the MA and wait until the new MP2 worked out its bugs later this year or maybe next year. (And there will be bugs for sure.)
2018-6-18
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-6-18 10:25
Unless you don't mind working for DJI as a volunteer debugger, I would just keep the MA and wait until the new MP2 worked out its bugs later this year or maybe next year. (And there will be bugs for sure.)

Which doesn't mean you can't enjoy a new drone ;)
2018-6-18
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Dog Flight Posted at 2018-6-17 18:39
I think the Phantom Is the drone with the old design. That's why it's called the Phantom 4. The stress fractures that develop in the limbs doesn't say much for its design. Put the Phantom's camera on a beefed up redesign Mavic and you have a winner.

Ya my landing gear on my P4 is always cracking. It is very limb
2018-6-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

If we see a Mavic Pro II on July 18th, does anybody think we'll see essentially the same original design that DJI took with moving from the Phantom 3 to Phantom 4? I mean, do you think we'll see the same Mavic Pro body with just a few more bells and whistles? Kind of like the MA, rear obstacle avoidance and better gimbal design, etc?
2018-6-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-18 14:38
If we see a Mavic Pro II on July 18th, does anybody think we'll see essentially the same original design that DJI took with moving from the Phantom 3 to Phantom 4? I mean, do you think we'll see the same Mavic Pro body with just a few more bells and whistles? Kind of like the MA, rear obstacle avoidance and better gimbal design, etc?

No, due to the new EU regulation on the horizon I expect something similar to the MA in design (maybe slightly bigger) which would be much more beautiful and appealing anyway.
And here the latest "news" on the case (ridiculous in my opinion): https://dronedj.com/2018/06/18/m ... coincidence-or-not/
2018-6-18
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-18 14:38
If we see a Mavic Pro II on July 18th, does anybody think we'll see essentially the same original design that DJI took with moving from the Phantom 3 to Phantom 4? I mean, do you think we'll see the same Mavic Pro body with just a few more bells and whistles? Kind of like the MA, rear obstacle avoidance and better gimbal design, etc?

the camera will be larger. And the gimbal similar to Spark & MA. I think it'll b *slightly* smaller than MP1. But in general will look the same with different colors to choose from (like grey, black, or white). thats my prediction.
2018-6-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-18 14:42
No, due to the new EU regulation on the horizon I expect something similar to the MA in design (maybe slightly bigger) which would be much more beautiful and appealing anyway.
And here the latest "news" on the case (ridiculous in my opinion): https://dronedj.com/2018/06/18/m ... coincidence-or-not/

I'm assuming it will have OcuSync? I wonder if it will fly upwards up to 45mph?
2018-6-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

eman_vg Posted at 2018-6-18 14:44
the camera will be larger. And the gimbal similar to Spark & MA. I think it'll b *slightly* smaller than MP1. But in general will look the same with different colors to choose from (like grey, black, or white). thats my prediction.

The camera will be larger or the sensor? I agree the gimbal will look like that of the Spark and MA, but I'm thinking that it'll be similar in looks to the current Mavic Pro?
2018-6-18
Use props
Jmathews77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft

I purchased my Mavic Air last month after much internal debate between that, the MP, or just waiting for the MP2 based on rumors.  I obviously decided on the MA.  I also like having the latest and greatest, but I don't feel like I'll have any remorse once/if they announce the MP2.  The MA is a very capable drone, and for the price, it can't be beat.  Also, being my first real drone (upgraded from a Syma X8W), I figure I can get really good at flying and aerial photography/videography and then eventually upgrade.  I'm sure I can recoup most of the cost of the MA once I make that decision.  Of course, I'll probably throw all of this out the window depending on how awesome whatever they are announcing is
2018-6-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

EdM Posted at 2018-6-17 09:23
Whatever it is you can bet that you will have an update waiting right after you register it, the SDK won't be released for months, it won't work correctly with goggles as promised, not all the features promised will be there until at least the second update, x% will think it's the greatest thing ever after only a 5 minute test flight, x% will wish they had stayed with their old system, x% will have never flown before and will crash on the first battery due to not reading the manual, etc, etc. etc.

You forgot the "IM RETURNING THIS!!!", the people who want instant gratification and out their new toy on sale a week later when they get bored and of course the "CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!1111oneone".

And the all time favourite attention seeking whinge "IM NEVER BUYING DJI AGAIN!!" (Which lasts until the next drone release, then they do)
(Cant see this announcement being a M2 anyway - its about 4 months too early and their other lines need a refresh first to avoid the M2 killing their reason for existing).

2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules