Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest DJIGO4 app makes mavic pro unflyable due to massive lag lag
1209 10 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

Had my drone for a a little over a year now and just reinstalled latest app as i havent been able to edit any videos for the last 3-4 months. Just kept getting error "file format not supported.
No that i have thw new app version i have about a 5 second delay in video feed and huge blurring and pixelation making it a completely useless piece of electronics.
2 days ago i had crystal clear reception and zero lag over 4km range and now i can stand 2m away and have this problem.
I see many many others have this issue and have done for months with zero customer service from DJI.
This is not acceptable considering the $2500 pricetag.
My $100 drone is currently a more effective aerial photography unit than the mavic pro.
Anyone got any ideas as to why dji keep putting out updates that dont work?
Thinking ill have to jump ship to walkera or Xiaomi or download litchi to continue using dji products.
Very dissapointed in the "i dont care" attitude that DJI seems to display to its customers.
http://Dji
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

Latest DJIGO4 app makes mavic pro unflyable due to massive lag lag

Had my drone for a a little over a year now and just reinstalled latest app as i havent been able to edit any videos for the last 3-4 months. Just kept getting error "file format not supported.
No that i have thw new app version i have about a 5 second delay in video feed and huge blurring and pixelation making it a completely useless piece of electronics.
2 days ago i had crystal clear reception and zero lag over 4km range and now i can stand 2m away and have this problem.
I see many many others have this issue and have done for months with zero customer service from DJI.
This is not acceptable considering the $2500 pricetag.
My $100 drone is currently a more effective aerial photography unit than the mavic pro.
Anyone got any ideas as to why dji keep putting out updates that dont work?
Thinking ill have to jump ship to walkera or Xiaomi or download litchi to continue using dji products.
Very dissapointed in the "i dont care" attitude that DJI seems to display to its customers.
http://Dji
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, we're sorry for the troubles, please kindly check below as there are some points need to be confirmed and clarified:

1. May I have more details about the error of file format not supported? What's the video resolution are you editing?
2. Are you using CrystalSky when the lag issue appears? If yes, could you tell us the version of CrystalSky, APP and your drone? We appreciate if you can upload a short issue video so that we can check the exact status.
3. Generally, the update will be released to fix some issues and introduce some new features, we're sorry if this bothers you. Also, we appreciate you feedback as this will help us offer better user experience.
4. It seems that both links you offered are broken, please kindly resend at your earliest convenience.
5. We've noticed that you started two same posts at the same time, we'll merge here as this violates the forum regulations, please kindly note and understand.

At last, there are still a lot of things need to be improved and we are keeping learning. We do care about your experience and would like to try our best to help you out.

2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 97073 ft
Finland

All of sudden my Mavic platinum have similar symptoms. The  picture in GO application is strongly  delayed &  pixelated even if the distance is only few meters. Also couple of times the feed has been disconnected totally. Currently the Mavic is totally useless.

Waiting for quick response from DJI support.

App 4.2.20
Aircraft 01.04.0300
Remote 01.04.0300
2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-16 02:26
Sir, we're sorry for the troubles, please kindly check below as there are some points need to be confirmed and clarified:

1. May I have more details about the error of file format not supported? What's the video resolution are you editing?

Thanks for replying, but i have already spent a couple of weeks going back and forth trying to resolve the unsupported video format issue with no explanation but the new update failed.
No i dont know what crystal sky is. My mavic pro is stock standard along with tha DJIGO4 app.
Due to the large numbers of people having the same issue dince the update, across a range of phones and drones, they all have one thing in common. The faulty DJIGO4 app update.
Current thoughts are that the huge load put on the cpu by the new update is lagging people phones so much it has nothing left to process the video.
New features using up all the cpus processing power seem a little pointless if it makes the aircraft unflyable.
Wgen will you offer a rollback to a working version of DJIGO4?
Last version that worked glitch free was before 25/10/2017.
Perhaps that version would be a good place to start.
Sorry about the two posts, i must've pressed it twice by mistake.
Also i wasnt aware i'd added any links, please ignore those.
Thanks.
2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

Would like to just update my last statement.
I spent a couple of weeks going over video format error with DJI support with no results. Checked all resolutions and framerates.
Couldnt edit pics or vids off the phone or off memory card in the mavic pro.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8 Posted at 2018-6-16 07:49
All of sudden my Mavic platinum have similar symptoms. The  picture in GO application is strongly  delayed &  pixelated even if the distance is only few meters. Also couple of times the feed has been disconnected totally. Currently the Mavic is totally useless.

Waiting for quick response from DJI support.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check if there is an error message in the DJI GO4 app? If yes, please show us a screenshot. Secondly, may I know which mobile device do you use? We'd like to check it for you, thanks.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe Posted at 2018-6-16 13:41
Thanks for replying, but i have already spent a couple of weeks going back and forth trying to resolve the unsupported video format issue with no explanation but the new update failed.
No i dont know what crystal sky is. My mavic pro is stock standard along with tha DJIGO4 app.
Due to the large numbers of people having the same issue dince the update, across a range of phones and drones, they all have one thing in common. The faulty DJIGO4 app update.

I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. From your original post, you said there will be an error message when you edit the video, right? If so, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? At the same time, may I confirm that which mobile device do you use? Sometimes, the video delay issue might be caused by magnetic interference, you are recommended to try the flight in different locations where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference. Please don't worry, we'll try our best to help you. Thank you in advance!
2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-17 00:48
I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. From your original post, you said there will be an error message when you edit the video, right? If so, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? At the same time, may I confirm that which mobile device do you use? Sometimes, the video delay issue might be caused by magnetic interference, you are recommended to try the flight in different locations where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference. Please don't worry, we'll try our best to help you. Thank you in advance!

Thanks but id rather not trouble shoot this with dji support again as the first time took a couple of weeks of sending pictires and videos with no result. So doing it all again is fairly fruitless endeavour.
The massive lag as a result of cpu overloading since the latest djigo4 app that makes the drone completely useless is on my priority list with a roll back to a DJIGO4 version before 25/10/17 being the only quick fix here.
Many of your customers are in my position with a lot of people losing their drones due to app faults.
One question, will you get your customers airborne again with a re release of the DJIGO4 app that wasnt faulty?
Thanks very much, Pete.
2018-6-17
Use props
Mavdude
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe Posted at 2018-6-17 01:07
Thanks but id rather not trouble shoot this with dji support again as the first time took a couple of weeks of sending pictires and videos with no result. So doing it all again is fairly fruitless endeavour.
The massive lag as a result of cpu overloading since the latest djigo4 app that makes the drone completely useless is on my priority list with a roll back to a DJIGO4 version before 25/10/17 being the only quick fix here.
Many of your customers are in my position with a lot of people losing their drones due to app faults.

There are older versions of the go4 app floating around the internet(with installation instructions) that the guys use for modding.
Also there are older firmwares for your drone and tools to install/rollback to older firmware. Perhaps your drone firmware might have been mismatched to the go4 app and why you were getting the video format errors in the first place.
Google is your friend.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe Posted at 2018-6-17 01:07
The massive lag as a result of cpu overloading since the latest djigo4 app that makes the drone completely useless is on my priority list with a roll back to a DJIGO4 version before 25/10/17 being the only quick fix here.

Pete, sorry for the inconvenience, we do understand your concern, we will forward this to our engineers, hope it will be improved in the future. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know. Thank you very much.
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules