Difficulty sleeping after first drone purchase
864 12 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChinchillaRider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35673 ft

I just got my first drone (DJI Spark) besides tiny plastic 30-dollar drones that have always been unsteady. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this - but I am having a hard time thinking about anything else!!
I flew it as much as possible between battery charges - and am spending night time messing with settings, watching youtube videos, and reviewing my flight videos.

Tommorow I'm going to rush to the store and buy more batteries first thing...

Has anyone else experienced this level of excitement? Or am I just crazy?
2018-6-15
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

I too love the excitement of a new drone!! Think of any excuse to launch it!
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - I hear you
2018-6-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, More batteries is a must.
2018-6-16
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

This is the symptom for DRONICLOBHIA . This is caused by a dangerous virus from drones.
You don't need any medication for this. Only way to cure this is to fly your drone at least twice a day (after meal) for four weeks continuously. Important thing is you should follow the instructions (manufacturer's) religiously to avoid any dissapointment.

Hope you get well soon
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Happy to know that you are loving your new drone. I too, experienced the same when I unwrapped my DJI Spark. Keep watching official DJI video tutorials for you to maximize its full potential.  
2018-6-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are just crazy. Like most of us, too ;-)
2018-6-16
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-16 01:52
This is the symptom for DRONICLOBHIA . This is caused by a dangerous virus from drones.
You don't need any medication for this. Only way to cure this is to fly your drone at least twice a day (after meal) for four weeks continuously. Important thing is you should follow the instructions (manufacturer's) religiously to avoid any dissapointment.

LOL ! Nice one Ram !

Lots of instructions about this Dangerous Virus ! Some Women are reporting this Virus to their Parish Priests and there are occassions where it gets out of control especially during the night....., some have reported seeing their men sleeping with their drone on the pillow and petting it every now and then.

2018-6-16
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

If you want to buy more batteries, why not buy the Bundle of 2 Batteries + Portable Charger ? You will save a lot then buying the batteries alone.

I bought this one.

https://store.dji.com/product/spark-portable-power-pack

The Portable Charging Station can be charged as well, as it has an internal battery, so you can take it out with you, on your adventure and recharge the batteries on the field without any AC power supply. Also it serves as a case for the spark.

2018-6-16
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

You are crazy like the rest of 'us'. Nothing unusual. Keep watching YouTube videos etc & learn as much as you can.

Keep calm & fly within short distances, outside, in an open area whilst learning the functions & behaviour of Spark.
Be aware of connection issues between the RC/tablet/phone & Spark.

One day you may lose control of Spark in the wrong conditions & the excitement will change to anxiety.  I hope not, but I'm just saying don't let the excitement distract you during flight - keep control & line of sight. Test your skills after you have a basic understanding of how Spark behaves in beginner mode. Be aware of winds at higher altitudes - watch the tree tops & any clouds moving above for an idea of surrounding wind.

Happy flying.
2018-6-16
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

If you get bored in between battery charges, the next step might be to edit your videos with xyz software on a PC/MAC/IOS/Android whilst you wait?  Don't forget to sleep in between .  
2018-6-16
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

been there. enjoy!
2018-6-16
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

I can second the recommendation of the portable charger, 2 extra batteries and you can be charging the 1st and 2nd while using the next out in the field!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules