Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active track fails and one success'ish
366 11 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Failed so many times and then even the successful one failed right at the end, it swung off to the left for no reason and then had a fit turning the camera fully to the right, whats that all about???.... during the good part, towards the end, it caught up with me topping 35kph....

No music added, i had to use Wondershare Filmora cause Premier and AME couldnt import one of the clips, 1st time using it, my wee i5 doesstruggle a bit with 4k editing lol

2018-6-16
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

Could be the colour of your car offers low contrast to surroundings? Maybe try sticking a dayglow landing pad on the roof
2018-6-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisLX200 Posted at 2018-6-16 04:55
Could be the colour of your car offers low contrast to surroundings? Maybe try sticking a dayglow landing pad on the roof

Yeah, more than likely, doesnt explain the behaviour at the end though
2018-6-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Bashy, it may know you're driving drunk.  You were weaving all over the road lol.
2018-6-16
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

You are way too far from your object. In my experience, the object you want to follow must have at least 1/4 screen height. It also means you should not let your quad follow an object if there are big trees nearby because of the danger of an collision.

Fly safe, greetings Leif.
2018-6-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-16 05:58
You are way too far from your object. In my experience, the object you want to follow must have at least 1/4 screen height. It also means you should not let your quad follow an object if there are big trees nearby because of the danger of an collision.

Fly safe, greetings Leif.

Hence why i was so high
2018-6-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-16 05:00
Bashy, it may know you're driving drunk.  You were weaving all over the road lol.

ha ha, i have a cruddy laguna estate, its deffo not built for that track, its got the largest of dips from the tractors, this is where i mostly fly, from that tree at the end
2018-6-16
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

That is EXACTLY what my P4P 2.0 did last week. Only difference was the drone was only a dozen feet away from the person being tracked.
2018-6-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

could do with DJI staff on this then, i had a feeling this was what you described as soon as i saw it do it
2018-6-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-16 19:19
could do with DJI staff on this then, i had a feeling this was what you described as soon as i saw it do it

Active Track is an iffy procedure at best. It relies on the aircraft being shown an object on the screen, it must them attempt to track that object, which is very difficult to do. Having an object that is contrasty , larger and better defined will help, but I agree with Landbo, you are too far away for reliable identification.
2018-6-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about the ending Mark says he was much closer when his did it?
2018-6-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-16 19:37
What about the ending Mark says he was much closer when his did it?

Don't know, how can you get in the mind of a DJI Phantom? Maybe it just fluked it that time.
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules