P.O.I doesn't work at all.
432 14 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2293 ft
United States

Just tried out point of interest and when I hit start it doesn't do anything. Also there is supposed to be a slider to control the radius.It's not there at all. Just watched a video on this so I'm confused.

2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience.  May I know what is your mobile device, IOS or Android version, firmware version and the version of your DJI Go 4 app. Did you encounter an error message on your app?
2018-6-16
Use props
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-16 09:46
Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience.  May I know what is your mobile device, IOS or Android version, firmware version and the version of your DJI Go 4 app. Did you encounter an error message on your app?

I have the phantom 4 pro+ so no mobile device. Dji app is built in and I have the latest firmware.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse34a9ffb Posted at 2018-6-16 10:03
I have the phantom 4 pro+ so no mobile device. Dji app is built in and I have the latest firmware.

Hello. Thank you for your response. DJI Paladin is already out from the office. May you please share with us what showing up on your remote controller screen? Also, I will provide you the steps to enable the Point of Interest and let me know if this works with you.

Perform the following steps to use Point of Interest:

1. Ensure that GPS signal is strong, Multiple Flight Modes is turned on and Beginner Mode is turned off under Main Controller Settings. Take off the aircraft in P-mode, launch DJI GO, toggle the Flight Mode Switch on the remote controller to F-mode (F-mode is unavailable for the Phantom 4), select Point of Interest on the screen. Fly the aircraft above the object to be orbited and tap “Record POI”.

2. Set Altitude and Radius as required .
On the Return to Home Altitude prompt, set the Return-to-Home altitude as required and tap “Apply”. Then the aircraft will orbit the object.

3. Adjust the speed in Point of Interest any time during the flight. The maximum speed is related to the radius. When Radius is set to five meters, the maximum speed can be set to 4.2m/s. When Radius is greater than 30 meters, the maximum speed can be set to 10 m/s.

2018-6-16
Use props
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
United States

Tried everything still doesn't work.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse34a9ffb Posted at 2018-6-16 11:03
Tried everything still doesn't work.

Best wait for the next app update
2018-6-16
Use props
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-16 11:16
Best wait for the next app update

Your'e probably right.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or FW. Seems a lot of DJI resource is being spent elsewhere at the mo - may just have something to do with what looks like a new drone being announced next month...
2018-6-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Last time i tested it, i had to be above the PoI to start with, when pressing to the next step you then go backward to the distance you need and can at the same time go lower in altitude, then pressing next or start and it should be ready.
It has been changed a little from version to version, carefully reading what it tell on the display would be the way, i am sure the pictures Natalia posted is not how it looked like on the + App.
2018-6-16
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

There is no slider for the radius, you fly it backward however far you want then press start. Perhaps that it is why it is not working for you.
2018-6-16
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will need to TURN ON the inteligent flight function in the app under aircraft tab first...
2018-6-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also there is supposed to be a slider to control the radius.It's not there at all.
It's not there because there is no slider.
As post #10 says, you fly the Phantom backwards to whatever radius you choose.
If you don't pull back you can't start.
2018-6-17
Use props
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-17 02:20
Also there is supposed to be a slider to control the radius.It's not there at all.
It's not there because there is no slider.
As post #10 says, you fly the Phantom backwards to whatever radius you choose.

Thanks guys I will try this today. I swear there was nothing mentioned about pulling back but it makes sense.
2018-6-17
Use props
fanse34a9ffb
lvl.1
United States

fanse34a9ffb Posted at 2018-6-17 05:29
Thanks guys I will try this today. I swear there was nothing mentioned about pulling back but it makes sense.

Success! Backing up was what I was missing.
2018-6-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fanse34a9ffb Posted at 2018-6-17 16:25
Success! Backing up was what I was missing.

Just for the benefit of everyone on here, can you edit your initial post and add the word 'SOLVED' to the end of the thread title.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules