Hidden SSID Manual WiFi Configuration
4663 7 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

I just purchased a CrystalSky 5.5" monitor for use with my Mavic Air and want to know how to manually configure the monitor's WiFi settings when the SSID is not being broadcast (I can't actually use the monitor yet as its battery arrived flat and the charger won't arrive for a couple of days)
The reason I ask is the new battery had 'just enough' juice so that I could briefly see the first WiFi setup screen and I didn't notice an option for manual configurations

Thanks

2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Crady, you can connect the WiFi from here: Settings(right bottom)>WiFi>Three points(right upper corner)>Add networks. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-6-19
Use props
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-19 00:15
Hi Crady, you can connect the WiFi from here: Settings(right bottom)>WiFi>Three points(right upper corner)>Add networks. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

Thanks Susan, but my complaint is the option you mention is not available to the user until after the monitor is first initialized.  It's a you can't get there from here oversight in the UI the engineers at DJI totally missed.
When you first unpack the CS and attempt to initialize it via WiFi there is NO menu available for adding new networks manually.  You are presented only with a list of available networks that publicly broadcast their SSID - the drop-down menu in the upper right corner does not appear at that point and will not appear until you have successfully logged in and initialized the device.  This oversight could and should be fixed with a firmware update to allow first time users the ability to add a hidden network

2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Crady Posted at 2018-6-19 04:32
Thanks Susan, but my complaint is the option you mention is not available to the user until after the monitor is first initialized.  It's a you can't get there from here oversight in the UI the engineers at DJI totally missed.
When you first unpack the CS and attempt to initialize it via WiFi there is NO menu available for adding new networks manually.  You are presented only with a list of available networks that publicly broadcast their SSID - the drop-down menu in the upper right corner does not appear at that point and will not appear until you have successfully logged in and initialized the device.  This oversight could and should be fixed with a firmware update to allow first time users the ability to add a hidden network

Thanks for the clarification. I'll forward to our engineers to review.
2018-6-19
Use props
FLYINHASS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 6-19 18:40
Thanks for the clarification. I'll forward to our engineers to review.

Hi Crady and Susan, I'm looking forward to get an update for that too! Best regards
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FLYINHASS Posted at 12-13 08:21
Hi Crady and Susan, I'm looking forward to get an update for that too! Best regards

Sorry, we do not have any update for this now. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_dhmew87usrKT
lvl.1
United States

Just received my DJI Magic 2 with the DJI Smart Controller and have experienced the same issue of not being able to connect to a  WiFi network that is not broadcasting the SSID.

Once I did get connected using a network that is broadcasting the SSID, i tried connecting to the hidden network through the WiFi settings as Susan recommended.  I manually typed in the SSID, chose the Security type being used, and then the password.  There was no button to connect, only to Save, Delete, or Cancel.

DJI, please fix this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Keith
2019-5-7
Use props
djiuser_dhmew87usrKT
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_dhmew87usrKT Posted at 5-7 19:29
Just received my DJI Magic 2 with the DJI Smart Controller and have experienced the same issue of not being able to connect to a  WiFi network that is not broadcasting the SSID.

Once I did get connected using a network that is broadcasting the SSID, i tried connecting to the hidden network through the WiFi settings as Susan recommended.  I manually typed in the SSID, chose the Security type being used, and then the password.  There was no button to connect, only to Save, Delete, or Cancel.

It looks like after rebooting the controller after updating it to v01.00.0530, I can now connect to a hidden network without issue.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules