Best phone/tablet for beginners.
746 9 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 814462 ft
United States

Hello, I just purchased my first high end drone the Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0. I'm wondering what phone or tablet would work best for the remote taking into consideration I'm a beginner and have mostly only used Android systems. I currently have a Moto Z force and it's almost two years old. I'd like to wait until after Christmas sometime to upgrade my phone. I would entertain the idea of using a tablet/iPad but I have seen reviews that recommend using a phone over a tablet due to tablets overheating and other reasons as well. Please let me know what you've experienced.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the P4 series - iPad Mini 4
2018-6-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Galaxy s7 edge works flawlessly.
The s2 9.7 apparently works very well.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Please see the list of the tested and recommended devices.

2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ
lvl.1
United States

I am still trying to stick with Android. I have Oreo 8.0 on my Moto Z force and have 6 months before I upgrade. Wondering if anyone has tried the app with this phone on that system? Instead of upgrading my phone right now, I am going to get a tablet. Has anyone used a Samsung Tab E 8.0 and will it fit in the remote? How well does it perform with the app?

Last option would be the iPad 4 mini. I am very reluctant to switch to Apple right now though.
Thanks
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ Posted at 2018-6-20 08:28
I am still trying to stick with Android. I have Oreo 8.0 on my Moto Z force and have 6 months before I upgrade. Wondering if anyone has tried the app with this phone on that system? Instead of upgrading my phone right now, I am going to get a tablet. Has anyone used a Samsung Tab E 8.0 and will it fit in the remote? How well does it perform with the app?

Last option would be the iPad 4 mini. I am very reluctant to switch to Apple right now though.

You'll read on the box the drone is sent in that the app is made for Apple and optimised for the iPhone. Android is compatible of course but iOS users have far less complaints when used with DJI products. Good luck in your decision.
2018-6-20
Use props
djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-20 08:44
You'll read on the box the drone is sent in that the app is made for Apple and optimised for the iPhone. Android is compatible of course but iOS users have far less complaints when used with DJI products. Good luck in your decision.

Ok. Thank you, that helps!! I was coming to that conclusion with the more I read.
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ Posted at 2018-6-20 09:29
Ok. Thank you, that helps!! I was coming to that conclusion with the more I read.

It is all a bit odd given the DJI's own CrystalSky is Android but yeah, IOS generally runs smoother.
2018-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ Posted at 2018-6-20 09:29

It's a myth that the app works better on Apple.
The myth is based on people running the app on sub-standard Android machines and assuming that all Android devices are bad.
And it's only Apple devices that overheat.
The best Android devices are the Huawei M3 and M5 8.4" tablets.
They run the app perfectly.
2018-6-20
Use props
djiuser_KGLQqdqCxEaJ
lvl.1
United States

Just flew my drone for the first time today. I tried to take a 360 video, but as I started to move the video was very blurry. Still video worked just fine. Wondering what that's all about?!
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules