Unable to convert DNG to jpeg
1107 7 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhankins
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I recently shot some still photos with my inspire 1. When I got home and imported them inot Lr, all the photos turned black. I can view a preview image in the folder and the photos look fine but when I import into Lr to edit, or try to save to jpeg I get a black photo. any help????/

Here is a dropbox link to sample images.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdv64 ... OgUN-t3uHSjlLa?dl=0

2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Can you try to mount again the camera and try to record again? Did you already try to reformat the SD card?
2018-6-17
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jhankins,
    Double check your LR procedures, as your DNG files in dropbox converted fine for me -> see attachment.

Here's a video to doublecheck:

DJI Inspire Photos.zip

1.13 MB, Down times: 1

Converted JPGs

2018-6-18
Use props
jhankins
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-6-18 06:33
Jhankins,
    Double check your LR procedures, as your DNG files in dropbox converted fine for me -> see attachment.

As soon as I import the image is black. And when I export its black.
2018-6-18
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhankins Posted at 2018-6-18 08:04
As soon as I import the image is black. And when I export its black.

My mistake! My computer displayed a preview and extracted the 960x720 pixel reduced resolution image jpeg. Your files have the 160x120 pixel preview, reduced resolution image and exif data but otherwise have only NUL data.... The strange thing is the shutter speed shows 1.3 sec and a low light level of 2.6 which makes no sense when compared to the preview.

Two questions/guesses- What was the recording media (perhaps media was too slow to capture raw) and was it low light with long exposure?

Again, sorry for the initial reply..
2018-6-18
Use props
jhankins
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-6-18 10:25
My mistake! My computer displayed a preview and extracted the 960x720 pixel reduced resolution image jpeg. Your files have the 160x120 pixel preview, reduced resolution image and exif data but otherwise have only NUL data.... The strange thing is the shutter speed shows 1.3 sec and a low light level of 2.6 which makes no sense when compared to the preview.

Two questions/guesses- What was the recording media (perhaps media was too slow to capture raw) and was it low light with long exposure?

No shot at noon is direct day light. Shot on sands extreme 64gb xc1
2018-6-18
Use props
jhankins
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-6-18 10:25
My mistake! My computer displayed a preview and extracted the 960x720 pixel reduced resolution image jpeg. Your files have the 160x120 pixel preview, reduced resolution image and exif data but otherwise have only NUL data.... The strange thing is the shutter speed shows 1.3 sec and a low light level of 2.6 which makes no sense when compared to the preview.

I shot these at noon with direct sunlight. Used a sandisk 64 gb xc1.
2018-6-18
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhankins Posted at 2018-6-18 21:13
I shot these at noon with direct sunlight. Used a sandisk 64 gb xc1.

Based on your DNG files not recording the raw data, DJI-Wanda's wise advice is spot-on. Double check the camera/gimbal connection (reseat the camera/gimbal connection); reformat the SD Card in the camera; triple check your camera settings and take a series of deliberate/controlled photos on the ground to check the data recording to SD Card.... Good luck in troubleshooting!
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules