Loss of control during return to home
630 2 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anteater92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502 ft

I was out flying today here in Tennessee. Hot but not windy. I sent the drone out like normal and I noticed my signal strength wasn't what it normally is in this location. I was losing video. So I lost signal that triggered return to home. When I regained signal I retook over my drone but the video was frozen on the tablet. So I flew it around some more and then desided to activate the return to home. At about 100 feet it appears that the drone picked up what I assume was an up draft. The drone started acting crazy and I could not control it and neither could the return to home function. It almost acted like I lost a prop or something it was so bad. And at 50 ft down it came and crashed. I said the mother of all bad words b as loud as i could and went over to check it out. Only the gimble guard and a prop guard was damaged. So testing my luck I put a new battery in it again and sent it out. When landing I hit the return to home again. Same deal at the same height. This time I was ready and took off return to home. I shot it up 150 ft and brought it down along side some big trees. No problem landing. I had 11 GPS locks and I calibrated the drone before each flight. Suggestions on what happened? This happened once before in March. I'd like to not have it happen again. Next time I might not be as lucky. Has anyone had this happen? thanks
2018-6-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Two things, stop calibrating before each flight, it is not necessary and only increases the chance of problems. Next, go to PhantomHelp here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Upload you flight log, then come back and post a link to it and we can then examine what happened.
2018-6-16
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

I notced you said the gimbal guard was broken....are you talking about the plastic piece that covers the lens and attaches to the legs?
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules