Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Footage Stutter
1896 6 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sequitur
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got my Mavic Air a couple days ago and took it for a "get to know it" flight in the yard today.  During the flight it remained within 20 feet horizontally and mostly stayed below 15 feet in height - except for a couple of short vertical ups and downs and never more than 100 ft up.

During the familiarization flying I did NOT notice any stutter, pixelation nor freezing of the live video feed.

However, upon downloading the video file I see frequent "sticks" or "stutters" in the footage.  I seem to lose from a few frames up to 1+ seconds, so I see very noticeable jumps in the playback.  I had a Lexar 64GB high speed SD card installed.  When it realized I had the SD card  installed it asked if I wanted to switch from internal to the card, which I did.  For one clip, when I stopped recording it told me the SD card was not available and wanted me to switch to built in storage.

Could there be something wrong with the camera?  SD slot?  SD card?  I have other SD cards, but have not yet had opportunity to test others and compare.

Any advice?  Have others reported similar issues.

Thanks!
2018-6-16
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I think the SD card is too slow. Is it a class 10  / UHs-1 sd card?
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro U3, A1, V30 - never had a problem on any of my drones.
2018-6-17
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

What settings did you shoot at? Many PCs can't handle 4K 30FPS 100MBit/s playback. Try to put it into a video editing software and rerender it at a lower resolution or another bitrate.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Did you try to reformat the SD card and tried to use it again? Can you try to use a different one and check if it will still appear? Can you also upload a sample video for it?
2018-6-17
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Too slow an SD card or a cheap fake of a branded SD card (this is quite common).
Make sure it's a genuine class 10.  There are ways of checking.
2018-6-17
Use props
sequitur
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all the input.  What I've tried since posting is using three different SD cards: the one I had problems with and two additional ones.

(1) Lexar 1000x 64GB XC II O10 - 3U     (original card which had issues)
(2) SanDisk Ultra 32GB HC I O10
(3) SanDisk Extreme HC I 3U

On each card I recorded at least 3 different video clips.  I loaded each one in turn in Premiere and created a new sequence letting Premiere determine the settings from the source file.  All recordings used 24 fps 4k mode with shutter speed of 1/50 on the drone.

(1)
* Four of six clips load in Premiere using an odd frame rate (21.75, 19.87, 23.03 and 23.22).  The other two clips default to 23.976 fps.
* While using this card I executed an Asteroid quick shot which loaded at 29.976 fps in Premiere and seems to play back fine.
(2)
* Two of three recordings had odd frame rates in Premiere (23.45 and 21.86).  The third recording appears to be corrupt.  I could not copy it from the card to my PC and there are extra files named .DJI_0013.MP4.avc1 and .DJI_0013.MP4.trinf in the folder with the MP4 files.
(3)
* None of the three files have issues and loaded in Premiere with frame rates  of 23.976 (nominally 24 fps).

This seems to be an issue of SD card compatibility.  I plan to test out another card or two I already have and will get a couple of new ones.  Once I've tested additional cards I'll post and update here.

Thanks,
Ken

2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules