Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Lag After Update on Two Different Drones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomsuarez
New
Flight distance : 1085942 ft
United States

Help:
Ever since the last update my P3P has really bad lag and says strong electromagnetic interference. The screen keeps going blank and flickering. When looking at the signal they are all red as can be seen in the video. I have tried everything and can not get it corrected. Things I have tried include.
1. IMU calibration
2. remote calibration
3. unplug and clean cables from camera and phantom
4. turn on hardware decode and turn off app refresh
Today I got out a new drone I had for backup and it does same thing so I downgraded firmware then I get an ESC error so I upgraded firmware and it will fly but has same lag issues. I am flying in the same areas I have always flown in with no problems before the latest firmware upgrade. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Here is a link to video shot with the new drone just taken out of box. Only updated, never flown. https://www.facebook.com/tom.suarez.3/videos/2174987085875439/
2018-6-16
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The breakup in the picture is likely to be because of obstructions between your controller and the aircraft, or you aren't orienting the antenna properly.  Regarding any lag, have you changed your mobile device since previous flights?  Is it up to the job with sufficient processing power, and not running multiple apps in the background?
2018-6-17
Use props
tomsuarez
New
United States

endotherm Posted at 2018-6-17 04:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE&t=95s

The breakup in the picture is likely to be because of obstructions between your controller and the aircraft, or you aren't orienting the antenna properly.  Regarding any lag, have you changed your mobile device since previous flights?  Is it up to the job with sufficient processing power, and not running multiple apps in the background?

I have had 3 drones so far and am familiar with antenna positioning. I am using an Ipod 3 mini and it is the same one I have flown thousands of flights with in the past. The location is wide open and the same areas I have flown in the past with no interference. The problems started after the last update and it is the update since I have tried flying my usual drone and a brand new one that has the same issues after updating. I now have 2 really good paper weights though.
2018-6-17
Use props
tomsuarez
New
United States

I have now tried two different P3P's with 2 different devices, a mini 3 and a mini 4 and the same thing happens on all 4 combinations after the last update. Tried on custom channel as well as auto and it has the same issues. Does anyone know how to reload the previous firmware? It is really aggravating that they were working perfectly until the upgrade and now I do not even want to take a chance flying them. I have over 5000.00 invested in a piece of junk at this time and can't get any help.
2018-6-17
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Have you ensured that also the controllers have been updated?
It has become important that the firmware on both aircraft and controller are on a matched level. Likewise the app version need to match up for the hardware, check out the release notes.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules