Mavic Flight Logs
19016 20 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans56ceaa10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327815 ft

Could someone please tell me how to access the Mavic flight logs and save them on my local computer for viewing just as I see them on the controller viewer?
1. I have tried the latest DJI Assistant which does not work.

2. I cannot sync them on the controller with the DJI server becasue my wifi will not connect because the controller is connected to the Mavic.

Where are the flight logs kept? They are not on the SD card are they, or are they saved on internal memory on the Mavic?

This is what I would love to be able to do: View the logs and photos on my local computer just like I see them on my Ipad mini connected to the controller.

I have searched the web and forums over and this seems like an impossible thing to do. Why is this so hard DJI? I made and own the flights. I should be able to access and review them very simply, but really cannot.

Any help would be appreciated.

2018-6-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

There is a problem with running DJI's Assistant-2 on Apple (MAC) OS-X systems and accesing FlightData logs or Blackbox of Mavic.

In case of Windows systems, DJI's Assistant-2 will work, but requires Assistant-2 be installed and run with security check of Drivers being disabled in BIOS.
DJI is using at least two Drivers that are un-signed, thus un-trusted.  Windows will not utilize those drivers.

2018-6-17
Use props
fans56ceaa10
lvl.1

Precisely....Why does it have to be so difficult, to the point of impossible?

I should be able to simply download my flights from my $1,200 Mavic to my local computer where I can review MY electronic flight log.

For commercial use I document each flight. Why has DJI purposefully made it so difficult for me to access, save, and review my flight data?

If you go to the main flight page on the controller and click the link in the upper right corner to review the flight log it is presented in a nice, concise way.  Why can't I easily and simply download that same format to my computer and see it that way on my local hard drive? The data is there. It doesn't seem like a difficult programming task to make that available. Why isn't it?
2018-6-17
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Check out Airdata.com. That will explain how to sync your logs and get an analysis that you can view on your computer.
2018-6-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The flight logs you're viewing on your mobile device are the TXT flight logs on your mobile device. Follow the instructions here to retrieve those TXT files. You can either use my log viewer or one of these tools to display the data within them.
2018-6-17
Use props
fans56ceaa10
lvl.1

Thank you Wolfgang - Airdata.com will not work for me. The free option only has 100 flights with restrictions. And I see no need to purchase a plan for the other options. Everything I need is on the controller screen when I look at it through DJI Go 4.

Phantom, I appreciate the input, but the links that you provided are extremely convoluted. The file names in your examples do not match to what I see. I don't have a phD in researching solutions and apps on internet forums.

Again, why does it have to be so freaking difficult DJI? I just want to simply get the exact same flight information on the DJI 4 screen to my main computer. Nothing more. I just want to see exactly what I see on the controller flight log on my local computer. Is this too hard for DJI programmers to do?
2018-6-17
Use props
fans56ceaa10
lvl.1

Does anyone from DJI look in these forums?
2018-6-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans56ceaa10 Posted at 2018-6-20 12:48

Look at answer 5# here above and all will be good. And please take the time to read a bit through this forum, which is a wealth of great information for allowing you to understand your aircraft better.
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans56ceaa10 Posted at 2018-6-20 12:48

They do, but it can be days.
You may want to open a Ticket with DJI to get help you need
2018-6-20
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I agree. DJI obviously has the programming talent on staff to simply add "Save as" or "Print as pdf" functions to the GO 4 app's Flight Data records. This can be done when the controller or CrystalSky is attached to a computer via USB or WiFi - and for both Android and Mac devices. How about it DJI... can you help your loyal customers out?
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_rozWhyNBsFES
New
Flight distance : 80151 ft
United States

i cant find a good way either and the whole point is to keep my data as private as i can DJI needs to provide a good way to download locally in a user friendly format. otherwise still doing it the manual way for now
2019-8-8
Use props
BrettGentry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37152 ft
United States

I use Airdata, but if you don't pay for it, you can only see the last month or so.  There's an iOS app called HD Sync that allows me to sync my DJI GO 4 flight data with Airdata.com.  Litchi syncs automatically.
2019-8-31
Use props
djiuser_v5nqxC3b0iQT
New

United States

BrettGentry Posted at 8-31 15:53
I use Airdata, but if you don't pay for it, you can only see the last month or so.  There's an iOS app called HD Sync that allows me to sync my DJI GO 4 flight data with Airdata.com.  Litchi syncs automatically.

I have a new Mavic mini and am having trouble importing into Kittyhawk.  The flights are showing queued for import but never load into dashboard.  Also the battery data is not accurate.   Is it that the mini is not fully supported in Kittyhawk?  Have looked at other logs like drone logbook but appears it does not support the mini.
2019-12-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Air Data is what you should be looking at.
2019-12-10
Use props
fansd7ae3d38
lvl.1

Canada

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-6-17 07:36
Check out Airdata.com. That will explain how to sync your logs and get an analysis that you can view on your computer.

AirData.com is not free after 100 flights...$$
2019-12-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

fansd7ae3d38 Posted at 12-31 12:48
AirData.com is not free after 100 flights...$$

It's free after 100 flights (I have done well over 2,000).  I have never paid for airdata. As I understand it,  it's just if you want to keep more than 100 flights online there is a charge.
2019-12-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Take wolfgang’s advice
2020-1-3
Use props
postvideoproduction.dk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29199 ft
Denmark

Jeg er enig I at det er unødvendigt vanskeligt at få udskrevet sin log. En anden ting er HVORDAN OPRETTER JEG ET SPØRGSMÅL HER PÅ SIDEN?
2020-7-22
Use props
postvideoproduction.dk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29199 ft
Denmark

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2019-12-31 13:23
It's free after 100 flights (I have done well over 2,000).  I have never paid for airdata. As I understand it,  it's just if you want to keep more than 100 flights online there is a charge.

Jeg har haft Airdata indstillet på min smartkontrol og Mac pc. Kan overfører data men kan kun udskrive disse hvis jeg betaler kr. 20 cirka pr måned.
Og jeg forstår ikke hvorfor DJI ikke får styr på udskrivningen. Den service må DJI da kunne yde sine kunder?
2020-7-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

postvideoproduction.dk Posted at 7-22 20:08
Jeg har haft Airdata indstillet på min smartkontrol og Mac pc. Kan overfører data men kan kun udskrive disse hvis jeg betaler kr. 20 cirka pr måned.
Og jeg forstår ikke hvorfor DJI ikke får styr på udskrivningen. Den service må DJI da kunne yde sine kunder?

My Danish is not the best but let me try to reply...

Airdata leveres af et separat firma, der ikke har nogen forbindelse til DJI, som jeg kender. Jeg tror, du har ret i, at DJI (hvis det var deres produkt) ville give flere funktioner gratis.

2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I don't know what the problem is.  Takes me only a couple minutes to download whatever logs are not yet downloaded.  I have a Mavic Mini and am using an Android and Windows PC, so can't help on an iPhone or MAC.
When I get back to my computer after flying, I plug my phone into my computer, and tell the phone that I want to do file transfers.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to moto g(7) power [my phone] > Internal shared storage > DJI > dji.g.v5 > Flight Record.  That folder will have the .txt files.  Copy the files to a folder on the PC.  Then navigate to the MCDatFlightRecords folder where the .DAT files are located.  Copy those to the folder on the PC.
In my case, AFTER I have downloaded the .DAT from the phone, I go into the DJI fly app and enable data sync.  I have put a P-Touch label on my controller to remind me to turn OFF data sync when I fly, so the .DAT files don't get deleted before I can download them.
Note that because I do enable data sync in the DJI Fly app, after some time, the .DAT files will sync and then be deleted from the phone.  The .txt files do not get deleted from the phone unless I do it manually (I haven't so far).  On my desktop PC, I have every .DAT and .txt flight record file since I bought the Mini.  I use CsvView to look at them.
2020-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules