661 6 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Where do you store your drone videos?

They can be quite large and cumbersome and even if you have a giant HD on your computer, they can start to "get in the way."

I've been posting mine on YouTube and deleting the files but that's not always the best, especially when I want to start shooting 4K.

2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. The best way on how to store your videos is to place or store them on an external drive. Using an external drive you will be able to access your videos anywhere and anytime. You can also choose different external drives depending on its memory capacity.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

External hard drives, SD cards, memory sticks.
2018-6-17
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I had the same question lately. Lots of options in this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-151301-1-1.html
2018-6-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

depends on if you are just wanting pure archive of all your footage or if you want to purge and edit footage..

if all you want is mass storage to dump all footage without concern of editing and trashing crumby footage.. 2TB external USB hard drive for laptops is available, in fact i think they do upwards of 4TB HDD on portable USB HDDs..they are slim, self powered by USB 3.0 ports and can put em in backpack pockets easily..even coat pockets.. they are typically cheap, usually under $100 all in..

if you are into purging footage and editing.. you can invest in a samsung T3 SSD.. like 500GB one is for sale for about $150, they sell a 1TB version as well.. but with the extra price and lack of storage comes raw speed, you can usually edit directly off of them without having to use local storage on your computer.  and again these are very small...you can pocket them
2018-6-17
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft

I use portable solid state drives.
2018-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I keep them on my laptop until they get edited. Afterwards I store the finished version on 2 separate harddrives.
Not the best way, since losing the laptop will mean losing the footage.
Plus I don't have the original footage afterwards.
But that is the only way I can manage these amounts of data.....
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules