Maintenance Question.
685 4 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N422BH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1187812 ft

Just a quick question when do you service your mavic pro I've been flying almost one hundred miles and I was wondering if it needs to have some kind of maintenance after a peroid of time.

Thx for your time.
2018-6-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Anytime I would say. I normally clean out the area around the gimble with an earbud because of all the dust the collects there, I also check on the screws holding the Pro together because if you do a lot of flying at the sea side they will tend to rust, I just take them off and soak in vinegar and put them back, cleans out the rust
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising this concern. I understand that you want to know if your DJI Mavic Pro needs to have a maintenance check after flying for a hundred miles. There is no official maintenance check for Drone that has already flown for that certain distance. All you need to do is please check the drone physically if it has a damage that includes the propellers as well, and you also need to check the battery of the Drone if it is charging and working properly.
2018-6-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think i'm on 800+miles if i did my math right (logged in the app not online)

i never cleaned my drone... i mean i wiped the top off and lens off..  the only 'deep" cleaning it has gotten as been when its accidently been caught out in a rain storm a few times..

so in terms of maintenance.. very very low maintenance.  

wipe it down if it gets dirty...

spray the motors out if they get something in em using compressed air..

just change the props every so often if they crack or feel like loose and that bothers you..  if nothing else, like no damage or anything, every 100 miles or 6 months change them, just
because props do wear out and become less efficient over time..  

uhm..clean out battery contacts if crud works its way in there..using plastic or non conductive to do so..

uhm.. ya.. i mean lithium battery does wear out over time and with use, so that will probably need replacing after some period of time..though im going on a year and i still have 3 original batteries that work fine..
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When an error message appears that a FW or app update/refresh or calibration won't fix. Switch the props every 200 flights or so and maintain the batteries in line with the maintenance guidelines.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules