Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - Live footage Lag and delay
12Next >
13559 44 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80896 ft
Germany

Hello fellow pilots,

this is my first post in this forum as i couldn't find any soution for my problem.

Since some days i have insane delays in the live-streamed footage (to my Smartphone) up to 3 - 5 seconds. Its not there 100% of the time, sometimes i can fly for some minutes without problems and then it starts to happen.

Range isn't a factor as i also tested it inside with the remote right next to it. I can't find out whats the problem as there was neither an app- nor a firmware update of any kind. it simply started.

The Problem doesn't occur when i fly without a remote (Smartphone only) so i think its neither my Smartphone nor the drone itself that causes the problem - imho it seems to be the remote or the connection Drone <-> Remote or the connection Remote <-> Smartphone.

Its not only the video that delays heavily, also when i press the record button the reaction is delayed - normal fly controls are fine, im always in full control of the copter with the remote.
THe App also doesnÄt show any signal issues or sth. like that.

Is this a known error that i can fix for my own or does anybody maybe has some help ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Alex
2018-6-17
Use props
MuuSer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5036 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

I can confirm that behaviour, but probably it is smartphone related as with my Samsung Note 5 all works fine, but with Dodgee BL-12000 I experience all the symptoms as Alex. Both of them have Android 7.0.
2018-6-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

MuuSer Posted at 2018-6-17 11:48
I can confirm that behaviour, but probably it is smartphone related as with my Samsung Note 5 all works fine, but with Dodgee BL-12000 I experience all the symptoms as Alex. Both of them have Android 7.0.

This doesn't just happen with Android devices, it even occurs on the flagship iPhone 8 and X lines, which has laptop-grade processing power.

I've already discovered the DJI GO 4 app, right up to the latest 4.2.21 version on iOS, has a resource leak causing significant lag in the video stream, and also generates false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference messages.
2018-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some recommend flying in airplane mode, this may help, are you using stock connection, your record could have something to do with sd card, I take it you are getting transmission warning.
2018-6-17
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Kill the other apps run on background. Also check the memory and storage left.
2018-6-18
Use props
Loex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80896 ft
Germany

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-17 11:56
This doesn't just happen with Android devices, it even occurs on the flagship iPhone 8 and X lines, which has laptop-grade processing power.

I've already discovered the DJI GO 4 app, right up to the latest 4.2.21 version on iOS, has a resource leak causing significant lag in the video stream, and also generates false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference messages.

i found out that there was an app update for Android in the meantime that i didn't noticed (released on 11th june - my last flight without issues was on 9th and then i was grounded till 13th when i started to notice the said issues) so probably the new version causes problems on my device.

Think im going to check with another Smartpone and / or give litchi a try (as it's on sale at the moment)
2018-6-18
Use props
fanscfa1f5d6
New
Canada

I have the same issue.litchi work ok
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alex, the engineers had located this issue and it is related to the latest app, the next DJI GO 4 app will optimize the transmission issue, please kindly wait for the update. Thank you for your attention.
2018-6-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

This doesn't just happen with Android devices, it even occurs on the flagship iPhone 8 and X lines, which has laptop-grade processing power.

I've already discovered the DJI GO 4 app, right up to the latest 4.2.21 version on iOS, has a resource leak causing significant lag in the video stream, and also generates false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference messages.

EdisonW1979 -  I've already discovered the DJI GO 4 app, right up to the latest 4.2.21 version on iOS, has a resource leak causing significant lag in the video stream, and also generates false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference messages. (posted 06/17)

DJI - Alex, the engineers had located this issue and it is related to the latest app, the next DJI GO 4 app will optimize the transmission issue, please kindly wait for the update.  (posted 06/29).

Edison, looks like DJI should hire you!   

2018-6-28
Use props
Schuffd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-28 18:28
Alex, the engineers had located this issue and it is related to the latest app, the next DJI GO 4 app will optimize the transmission issue, please kindly wait for the update. Thank you for your attention.

And please it would be nice if the App can now be adjusted to iOS 12. It works with the developer version of iOS 12.2 but its impossible to use the Editor (freezing, Lagging, crashing)
Please fix this as well
2018-6-28
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

Has anyone tried the newest version of DJI Go 4 for iOS ? Does it solve the problems discussed (such as Video Lag, App crash on Mavic Air) ?
2018-6-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-28 21:46
EdisonW1979 -  I've already discovered the DJI GO 4 app, right up to the latest 4.2.21 version on iOS, has a resource leak causing significant lag in the video stream, and also generates false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference messages. (posted 06/17)

DJI - Alex, the engineers had located this issue and it is related to the latest app, the next DJI GO 4 app will optimize the transmission issue, please kindly wait for the update.  (posted 06/29).

I don’t think they like me too much right now, but one never knows what the future holds!
2018-6-29
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

AirMancer Posted at 2018-6-29 06:34
Has anyone tried the newest version of DJI Go 4 for iOS ? Does it solve the problems discussed (such as Video Lag, App crash on Mavic Air) ?

Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

See the vídeos in this link ( Preview-Lag).

The last vídeo - #57
2018-6-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-30 01:36
Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

See the vídeos in this link ( Preview-Lag).

Faster iPhone, like iPhone XV (15)?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Schuffd Posted at 2018-6-28 22:56
And please it would be nice if the App can now be adjusted to iOS 12. It works with the developer version of iOS 12.2 but its impossible to use the Editor (freezing, Lagging, crashing)
Please fix this as well

Hi Schuffd, the editor of the DJI GO 4 app freezes, lags and crashes when using on iOS 12.2, right? How about the performance of the app during flying?
Could you please provide me with the screen recording of this case and the crash log, the DJI GO 4 app version and the specific iOS device you are using? I will forward to the engineers to confirm.
For the iOS devices' crash, the crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
Look forward to your update.
2018-7-1
Use props
Schuffd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

Hello , I will do that the ext time. Editor freezes since iOS 12.2 right. And the lags and stutter of the video transmission and connection issues happens since I own the magic air. That seems like a common issue with the magic air and especially in Europe.
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

At least it has been confirmed to be an issue as quoted by DJI Thor.  I will reference other threads to this one for those that are having this issue.  In the mean time you can downgrade to 4.2.14 and should be fine.  
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Have you tested to see if there is still a resource leak with the latest 4.2.22 for IOS?  Suprisingly my iPhone 6 plus does not lag but I know it is running hard and gets warm fast.  
2018-7-3
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 09:14
Have you tested to see if there is still a resource leak with the latest 4.2.22 for IOS?  Suprisingly my iPhone 6 plus does not lag but I know it is running hard and gets warm fast.

My iPhone 7 Plus "fried egg" up to version 20. I even stopped using the cover.
Now in version 22 it heats less but the lag continues mainly when I'm in 5.8Ghz

You said you downgraded to version 4.2.14
Did you need to uninstall version 4.2.22 ???
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-3 17:20
My iPhone 7 Plus "fried egg" up to version 20. I even stopped using the cover.
Now in version 22 it heats less but the lag continues mainly when I'm in 5.8Ghz

No I am still using 4.2.22 as only issue I have is like I said when recording in POI mode but other than that no lag so I can live with that even though at times it does get a little warm.  So still on 4.2.22 for my iPhone 6 plus I just always suggest for android users that have issues to go down to 4.2.14 as that usually works great for them.  
2018-7-3
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 17:25
No I am still using 4.2.22 as only issue I have is like I said when recording in POI mode but other than that no lag so I can live with that even though at times it does get a little warm.  So still on 4.2.22 for my iPhone 6 plus I just always suggest for android users that have issues to go down to 4.2.14 as that usually works great for them.

I understood

2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Yeah I really do not even know how to get an older version DJI GO 4 on IOS just know on Android is much easier just uninstall and then go to the apkpur link and install.  I did this actually using my Amazon fire to see if I can get to work but have not tested.  I did try 4.2.20 on my fire and yeah very bad not usable video but who knows maybe 4.2.14 will work on it?  that would be very interesting lol.  
2018-7-3
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 17:42
Yeah I really do not even know how to get an older version DJI GO 4 on IOS just know on Android is much easier just uninstall and then go to the apkpur link and install.  I did this actually using my Amazon fire to see if I can get to work but have not tested.  I did try 4.2.20 on my fire and yeah very bad not usable video but who knows maybe 4.2.14 will work on it?  that would be very interesting lol.

To rollback iOS GO app

see this: Rollback - iOS GO App
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-3 17:49
To rollback iOS apps

see this: Rollback - iOS Apps

Cool thanks for this.  Will check it out.  
2018-7-3
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 09:14

@SparksBird,

I took my bird out for a test flight yesterday in a wide open area on 4.2.22, and all the same problems I've had with the app (false-positive Strong Signal Interference, Weak Signal, and choppy video) are still occurring, despite the app running on the flagship iPhone X.

And yes my iPX got really toasty during the flight...

And yet DJI doesn't even bother to update the change log anymore.

Shame, the drone is a beautiful little piece of hardware, but DJI's software has gone down the toilet, and the support is a joke.
2018-7-4
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-4 11:07
@SparksBird,

I took my bird out for a test flight yesterday in a wide open area on 4.2.22, and all the same problems I've had with the app (false-positive Strong Signal Interference, Weak Signal, and choppy video) are still occurring, despite the app running on the flagship iPhone X.

You know, I really take issue with this.  For such an awesome product, it's difficult to understand why DJI has let the app fall into such disrepair.  

In a way, i'm lucky that I had to go through my crash and subsequent repair.  I am now flying a bird with the .0300 FW and running the app at 4.2.12.  It's a shame that this is what it takes to fly happy.
2018-7-6
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 17:53
Cool thanks for this.  Will check it out.

see this link

How re-install Old DJI GO (iOS)
2018-7-6
Use props
SkyBug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

Shocking! An app update that does nothing but make things worse.. keep up the good work China!
2018-7-6
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-6 03:50
see this link

How re-install Old DJI GO (Apple)

Just checked out.  Very helpful.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-7-6 03:34
You know, I really take issue with this.  For such an awesome product, it's difficult to understand why DJI has let the app fall into such disrepair.  

In a way, i'm lucky that I had to go through my crash and subsequent repair.  I am now flying a bird with the .0300 FW and running the app at 4.2.12.  It's a shame that this is what it takes to fly happy.

I'm happy you got your bird back and stuck with 0300!

I'm guessing since you're flying on 4.2.12 that you're an Android user? Good thing if you are, since it would appear the last few versions of the app have been a complete disaster:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

0300 is not the answer here, it’s fairly clear from above link transmission problems in 0300 were just as bad if not worse. And if you go right back to beginning of February you will realise if this is a problem it’s inherent. So it’s quite wrong for people to think this problem either originated or is any worse in 0400.
2018-7-6
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-6 09:46
I'm happy you got your bird back and stuck with 0300!

I'm guessing since you're flying on 4.2.12 that you're an Android user? Good thing if you are, since it would appear the last few versions of the app have been a complete disaster:

Yes.  I'm using 4.2.12.  My Air is flying like the dream bird it was on my first flight.
Loving it!!
and YES.  the versions after 4.2.12 have been a complete disaster.  I upgraded to 4.2.14, but went back because .12 was more stable
2018-7-6
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-6 16:11
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139147&fromuid=260008

0300 is not the answer here, it’s fairly clear from above link transmission problems in 0300 were just as bad if not worse. And if you go right back to beginning of February you will realise if this is a problem it’s inherent. So it’s quite wrong for people to think this problem either originated or is any worse in 0400.

Ok, so here is my take on it.

I started with a Mavic Air that had .0300 on it.  I also used 4.2.8 version of Go 4.  It flew like a dream.  I had no problems at all.

I upgraded to .0400 and 4.2.14.  I then had a slew of problems.  For me, that points to .0400 or the GO4 app.  With a lot of work, I was able to sort my issues out.  

My pastor has said "if there are 2 glasses, and one of them has poison in it, but you don't know which one, DON'T DRINK EITHER OF THEM!!!  Now, i can't speak for every pilot, but i can speak for myself.  .0400 was possibly poison for me.  I don't know whether it is the update method, or the fw itself.  but what I do know is that running the combination that i'm running now, i'm not having any problems.

You are entitled to your opinion.  I am also entitled to disagree.  .0400 was a problem for me.  So i'm not going to update until there is a new release.  
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-7-6 18:05
Ok, so here is my take on it.

I started with a Mavic Air that had .0300 on it.  I also used 4.2.8 version of Go 4.  It flew like a dream.  I had no problems at all.

My opinion is partly based on what is being said by self confessed experts. Yes we see many having transmission problems, whether this is caused by FW SW or user, it is not only down to 0400 , because we know that it is an inherent problem and users have been having problems since MavAir first release.
Now that fine you find something that works for you and wait until something better comes along, and yes option to roll back should be a given.
You see here we are being told that using bad FW of which all FW must have been, if you are to take users at their word. Will eventually cause problems even if at the beginning your craft shows no problems, there are many statements purporting to this on this forum, and if those statements are to believed then even rolling back will eventually catch up with you.
It is certainly not my belief and I believe it’s been said to create confusion.
I don’t believe anyone here knows the direct cause of this problem, is it user set up, is it firmware is it software or is it different combinations of all of these, so it is much better to try help those with difficulties than just blame it on something know one really knows the answer to.
One thing we do know those who have changed their set up IE how they set up their aircraft simple thing like changing cable, have shown significant improvements, and the bulk of users on 0400 are also not having problems, but again we are led to believe that these problems will show up at sometime.
So I don’t think you would accept if I for instance told you although you don’t have problems now, that they will eventually creep in. This is the part I don’t agree with, and in my opinion should not bandied about.
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TZero Posted at 2018-7-6 03:50
see this link

How re-install Old DJI GO (Apple)

Wow - now that is actually good information to share - thanks so much.
2018-7-7
Use props
Free2be
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Maybe there are even difference hardware Air versions and for the one all going fine, the other have troubles.
2018-7-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 02:04
My opinion is partly based on what is being said by self confessed experts. Yes we see many having transmission problems, whether this is caused by FW SW or user, it is not only down to 0400 , because we know that it is an inherent problem and users have been having problems since MavAir first release.
Now that fine you find something that works for you and wait until something better comes along, and yes option to roll back should be a given.
You see here we are being told that using bad FW of which all FW must have been, if you are to take users at their word. Will eventually cause problems even if at the beginning your craft shows no problems, there are many statements purporting to this on this forum, and if those statements are to believed then even rolling back will eventually catch up with you.

You're right.  Nobody really knows what caused the problems.  So we can only speak from our own experience.  A wise man once said "devoid of proof or truth, perception is reality."  If my experience says that the problem creeps up, then my reality is that the problem will creep up.  If your experience says that it won't, then that's your reality.  What makes either of them more true than the other?  Nothing but proof.  The only authority on that (DJI) has been silent, and I don't think any of us are expecting an answer from them, so we are stuck with our experience.  This is why I have simply bowed out of this argument with the exception of someone speaking directly to me.  I'll give users my experience and always tell them that "this is what works for ME.  Your experience may be different".  

I'm not going to be this guy.

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/b/ba/duty_calls.png
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-7-7 04:19
You're right.  Nobody really knows what caused the problems.  So we can only speak from our own experience.  A wise man once said "devoid of proof or truth, perception is reality."  If my experience says that the problem creeps up, then my reality is that the problem will creep up.  If your experience says that it won't, then that's your reality.  What makes either of them more true than the other?  Nothing but proof.  The only authority on that (DJI) has been silent, and I don't think any of us are expecting an answer from them, so we are stuck with our experience.  This is why I have simply bowed out of this argument with the exception of someone speaking directly to me.  I'll give users my experience and always tell them that "this is what works for ME.  Your experience may be different".  

I'm not going to be this guy.

I think we are on a similar page here, I have both given and told of my experience, but the one point I was making, is you can’t have your cake and eat it. If you believe that FW will creep up on you because it’s bad, and then say you need to revert to old FW which is also said to be bad, surely you are going down stream without a paddle.

The other problem with giving your opinion because of your experience is, that some how because you give that opinion through your experience and it doesn’t suit, so it’s easier to denigrate the opinion because reality is harder to accept. But it doesn’t make that information wrong .
2018-7-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 04:52
I think we are on a similar page here, I have both given and told of my experience, but the one point I was making, is you can’t have your cake and eat it. If you believe that FW will creep up on you because it’s bad, and then say you need to revert to old FW which is also said to be bad, surely you are going down stream without a paddle.

The other problem with giving your opinion because of your experience is, that some how because you give that opinion through your experience and it doesn’t suit, so it’s easier to denigrate the opinion because reality is harder to accept. But it doesn’t make that information wrong .

We mostly agree on concept.  But we're in different camps when it comes to causality of the problems.
In that respect, we'll probably have to agree to disagree.  
The sentiment has to go both ways.  If your experience doesn't match mine, who's experience is real?  and who's experience is valid?  Both.   So while you are completely within your right to think one way about the situation,  Others are completely within their right to believe the opposite.

But at least we can respect each others opinions.   In the end, we all want the same thing right?  An aircraft that flies true.  And we all share one thing.  A love for the skies.  
2018-7-7
Use props
zaythedon
lvl.1

United States

Loex Posted at 2018-6-18 03:31
i found out that there was an app update for Android in the meantime that i didn't noticed (released on 11th june - my last flight without issues was on 9th and then i was grounded till 13th when i started to notice the said issues) so probably the new version causes problems on my device.

Think im going to check with another Smartpone and / or give litchi a try (as it's on sale at the moment)

update? I just bought the galaxy s8 plus just to try and stop the lag, hopefully it works.
2019-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules