VIDEO PICTURE FREEZING
3262 16 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57923 ft
United States

I've never had this issue before. But my brother has. Now it seems to be effecting me as well. The video feed on the GO app is freezing up and/or gets all pixulated. Sometimes it's so bad we have to land because we can't see what we are trying to actually shoot. The video being recorded to the SD Card is fine however. So my guess is with the app? Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What device are you using? Few workarounds I have come across are:

Change the micro SD card
Change the micro USB adaptor to a USB cable
Delete and reinstall the app
Change your device
Refresh the FW using Assistant 2
2018-6-17
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Are you on Android or iOs?
Which version of dji go 4?
Which firmware version?
2018-6-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

It is more likely that the problem is related to your mobile device. Which model is it, which operating system, which other apps are running in the background, does it have sufficient RAM and storage space available etc. etc. There are many factors at stake. Thus please provide all the details and other users or DJI support team might be able to assist you.
2018-6-17
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve been using Integral Memory cards, been great so far. Give another memory card a go. UlimaProX 64gb high speed read and write.
2018-6-17
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

I am using an Android Galaxy S7 Edge. Again I've never had an issue before, (hours of previous flight time). I just now updated the Firmware this morning. But have not flown it yet with this change. To the best of my knowledge no other apps are ever running while I am flying. I have not updated the GO4 app in awhile. I will try that also. Not sure what you mean by RAM when talking about my phone. Are you referring to the "Cache" storage? I always clear that out after ever few flights. But in the past I've gotten warnings that the Cache is full but the video feed has never been effected. I haven't gotten that error in a few weeks. I will try a few of these suggestions.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if your brother is having issues with video feed on his GO 4 app, may we know if he reformatted the sd card prior to his first flight?
2018-6-18
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 06:03
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if your brother is having issues with video feed on his GO 4 app, may we know if he reformatted the sd card prior to his first flight?

We've used a few different cards. I never had that issue before using the same card. So I'm not thinking it's a card issue. But no I do not believe he ever formatted the card.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MountainTriguy Posted at 2018-6-18 06:11
We've used a few different cards. I never had that issue before using the same card. So I'm not thinking it's a card issue. But no I do not believe he ever formatted the card.

Hi, if you switch into a different card, make sure you reformat it first before you use.
2018-6-18
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 06:12
Hi, if you switch into a different card, make sure you reformat it first before you use.

Will do.
Thanks
2018-6-18
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Many users I know have experienced video lag, pixellating, and app crashing with latest versions of go4 since 4.2.16. Rolling back to previous versions has solved a lot of their problems. Many with Nvidea, Samsung S3 Tabs, S2, Iconia, and others including iPads.
2018-6-20
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172024 ft

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-6-20 10:19
Many users I know have experienced video lag, pixellating, and app crashing with latest versions of go4 since 4.2.16. Rolling back to previous versions has solved a lot of their problems. Many with Nvidea, Samsung S3 Tabs, S2, Iconia, and others including iPads.

Yes indeed! I had to roll back to 4.2.16
2018-6-21
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MountainTriguy Posted at 2018-6-17 12:01
I am using an Android Galaxy S7 Edge. Again I've never had an issue before, (hours of previous flight time). I just now updated the Firmware this morning. But have not flown it yet with this change. To the best of my knowledge no other apps are ever running while I am flying. I have not updated the GO4 app in awhile. I will try that also. Not sure what you mean by RAM when talking about my phone. Are you referring to the "Cache" storage? I always clear that out after ever few flights. But in the past I've gotten warnings that the Cache is full but the video feed has never been effected. I haven't gotten that error in a few weeks. I will try a few of these suggestions.

I've noticed more video break up on my video feed as well.  I check the channel frequencies for noise (high red bar) and if needed manually move to a quiet area on the band.  However after 2 -3 bats in succession, the video sometimes starts to break up again.  I think its because my iPad is getting too hot.  I think the latest version of GO4 taxes the iPad more than it used too.  Hot weather can add to the iPad temp.  I have started using Litchi and find the video feed cleaner and smoother.  I have over 150 hours airtime on various DJI drones and I have not had this issue until this year.
2018-6-21
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-6-21 07:58
I've noticed more video break up on my video feed as well.  I check the channel frequencies for noise (high red bar) and if needed manually move to a quiet area on the band.  However after 2 -3 bats in succession, the video sometimes starts to break up again.  I think its because my iPad is getting too hot.  I think the latest version of GO4 taxes the iPad more than it used too.  Hot weather can add to the iPad temp.  I have started using Litchi and fined the video feed cleaner and smoother.  I have over 150 hours airtime on various DJI drones and I have not had this issue until this year.

I've also just switched to LITCHI. It seems like a better option thus far.
2018-6-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

MountainTriguy Posted at 2018-6-21 08:11
I've also just switched to LITCHI. It seems like a better option thus far.

Yes Litchi works fine on my Note 8 and Gal Tab S3. No problems at all.

GO4 works on 4.2.14. Anything after that is nothing but problems.

Most guys in our local drone club here think the app is too bloated now with so many products that it's just ruining the app for many users.

I've used my iPad Mini4, but on hot sunny days it shuts down. lol
2018-6-22
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 06:12

My brother's phone is a Note 4. I've formatted the card and his phone still freezes really bad. Looks like it's a phone issue not a card issue. Looks like it's time to update the app to work with all these different phones.
2018-6-22
Use props
djiuser_dwoKjG3kDQpW
New

Belgium

Hi everyone, I have a simular problem with my DJI phantom 3 advanced with a screen freeze when taken image or recording. It all happend when I did the firmware upgrade. I have a view when flying but I get a screen freeze as soon as I try to take a picture or record a video. Freezing is about +/- 25 seconds . I also remarked I getting low image transmition when I fly.

I tried and read a lot of things but could someone help me out with this. The screen is also getting purple lines since today. But only when aircraft is close to the remote.

Firmware aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote: 1.9.2

Things I tried:
* New flex cable
* Downgrade remote
* Downgrade aircraft but not possible with this new version 1.11.20
* Relink aircraft and remote

Is it true the gimbal board could be broken after the upgrade? I read this on a DJI forum. Anyone with same problem? Issue? Fix?
I would appreciate it to help me out.
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules