DJI vision sensor communication error (10000)
2923 18 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

Hey all - This is my first post in a DJI forum! I just purchased a Phantom4 Pro 2.0. I was out on my 4th flight today and ran into some major issues. After about 45 minutes of flying and on my third battery, I got a sudden camera loss and an error that the 'vision system was unable to connect' so I lost all camera and basically control over the drone. I was able to fly it back and land and grab it by hand. I had just put on an ND16 filter for the first time, and I thought maybe that had something to do with the error. I restarted the drone, app, controller and put back on the regular normal lens filter. Everything seemed to be in working order. App said 'ready to fly', so I setup to relaunch and as soon as I did I had an error saying 'vision sensor communication error (10000)' and it just kinda dropped a foot or two to back to the launch position. I've been tyring to get it to work since then, but keep getting this same error. It says to just try and restart, or contact DJI Customer service, which I guess I'll be doing during work hours this week
Does anyone have any thoughts on this error? I read online this usually happens after a crash, but there was no crash... It was fairly windy (maybe some gusts up to 15-17mph) but it wasn't unflyable by any means.

A few notes. The radio signal quality was reading as 'poor' and I hadn't seen that before, albiet it was a new location. But now I'm getting the same error at home and I wasn't before. Wifi and bluetooth are turned off on my iPAD hooked to my remote controller. I also tried cleaning the camera lens and all sensors.

Thanks for any insight. Pretty dissapointed I'm alrady running into issues, but hoping this isn't major.

2018-6-17
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

And an update. I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac, but the software is not seeing my Phantom4Pro when I connect it. I've tried re-downloading and installing the software, restarting both my mac and the drone. Nothing is getting it to recognize it.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-17 16:18
And an update. I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac, but the software is not seeing my Phantom4Pro when I connect it. I've tried re-downloading and installing the software, restarting both my mac and the drone. Nothing is getting it to recognize it.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties, you are recommended to update the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller, and then restart the drone to check if the error fixes or not. Firstly, please download the DJI assistant 2 from DJI official website: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads to your computer, then follow the tutorial video below to update the firmware. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know.

2018-6-17
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1

Thanks for the reply DJIDiana. As mentioned in my  Second comment I downloaded the DJI assistant software program. However the software Is not able to connect to the drone.

When my drone is powered on, I’m just getting the red yellow and green blinking light warning.

I’ve tried re-downloading the assistant software and installing it several times.
2018-6-17
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1

Just an update. 2-3 Hours with DJI tech support last night and no solution other than my drone needs to be sent in. This thing can't even connect to DJIAssistant. I'm unhappy to say the least considering it's 2 1/2 weeks since purchase and I did nothing but fly normally.

2018-6-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

A little detail for the record, Vision Sensor would not be the Camera but something in regards to the small dark sensor 'windows' around the aircraft body, check that they are clean and that all the protection stickers have been peeled off.
Also i wonder, has a firmware update been released at all, no release threads have been posted as far i have noticed.

Well, from your description it sound like it could be a bad connection to the vision system possibly triggered by the heat after your 'intensive' flight ...

Best Luck.
2018-6-18
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

KEDDK - Thanks for confirming that about the vision sensors! I had the same thought yesterday, I made sure to clean them and the stickers are for sure removed.

As far as I know, I was all up to date with firmware. The DJI Go app had prompted me several times to update the firmware which I always did. As mentioned though, since the aircraft is not connecting to DJI assistant the DJI tech could not help me do anything with the firmware.

Is flying for 45 minutes in the span of about two hours considered an Intensive flight!?

I'm no longer even getting that vision system error in the DJI go app. Now my aircraft is just flashing green, orange, red and giving me various random errors in the DJI go app. Everything from inconsistent firmware, to poor radio signal. But nothing can be done since the assistant isn't connecting to it. The support tech thinks I have a bad USB input on the aircraft since my computer was seeing the DJI input but receiving no signal.  I don't know though, seems like a bigger issue than just a bad USB port.
2018-6-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-18 08:51
KEDDK - Thanks for confirming that about the vision sensors! I had the same thought yesterday, I made sure to clean them and the stickers are for sure removed.

As far as I know, I was all up to date with firmware. The DJI Go app had prompted me several times to update the firmware which I always did. As mentioned though, since the aircraft is not connecting to DJI assistant the DJI tech could not help me do anything with the firmware.

"Is flying for 45 minutes in the span of about two hours considered an Intensive flight!?"
Sorry, no not at all, it was meant ironic

I don't think Assistant2 will help anything, there seem to be a lot of issues with this first batch (i think) of v.2.0's. But just for the confirmation, you did download and install the version that is placed at the link Diana posted in #3 right?

Also i think to be sure it is working it might need to be installed and executed with driver signature checking off like the other versions if you are using Windows.

Best luck with a quick fix/replacement.

ps. just curious, has there been any updates to the v.2.0 yet?
2018-6-18
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

Haha, sometime Irony does not translate!! Don't tell me that about the new 2.0's, that's not what I want to hear Anything you could point me towards that discuss the issues people are having?

I'm using a Mac platform for Assistant. I tried on two different machines, multiple cables, ports, etc. The computer is just not receiving any signal from the aircraft when plugged in. And yes, I am using the newer version of assistant for v 2.0 that DJIDiana posted.  

Assistant could at least do a factory reset and check for current firmware, yes?

I have no idea if there have been any official updates...
2018-6-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-18 10:21
Haha, sometime Irony does not translate!! Don't tell me that about the new 2.0's, that's not what I want to hear  Anything you could point me towards that discuss the issues people are having?

I'm using a Mac platform for Assistant. I tried on two different machines, multiple cables, ports, etc. The computer is just not receiving any signal from the aircraft when plugged in. And yes, I am using the newer version of assistant for v 2.0 that DJIDiana posted.  

Hi. I'm just catching up on this one. To answer Ked's wondering, from what I read, Ass2 currently reports an empty firmware list when it checks their download servers, which implies that the firmware isn't publically available there. But I'm confused as to why GO 4 can download, as I assume it'd connect to the same download servers. Perhaps it uses what's already stored on the craft - as Ked has suggested to me recently.

Anyway, the LED sequence is letting you know that the craft is doing self diagnostic testing, and if it's stuck there then I suspect that may be because the firmware on controller and craft is out-of-sync (that guess is based on experience with a previous P4P V1.0 update).

Try refreshing the controller firmware:
* Leaving craft turned off, power on controller and smart device, and start GO 4.
* When you see the initial "splash" screen, hold down the three bars in the top right corner for 5 or so seconds and release.
* You should then have the ability to select a controller firmware level - select the most recent and let it do it's thing.

You may need to manually re-link the craft after that:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1 + C2 + record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
* Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first LED on the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a paperclip or toothpick to push in the linking button on the craft (near the SD slot) and hold for 3-5 seconds, remove and wait. It should link after a few seconds.

But I'd still be suggesting you refresh the craft firmware too. Others can advise how to refresh craft via GO 4 (I don't do it that way), but otherwise, if Ass2 doesn't connect to it make sure that you have the version of Ass2 1.2.4 which is specifically for the P4P v2.0 (it'll state so on the download page). I don't use a Mac, so can't help trouble shoot otherwise - sorry. But there was a thread here earlier in the year which discussed this issue, so I suggest you try a search of the forum.
2018-6-18
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

While on the phone with DJI tech today, I asked if there had been any firmware releases for the Phantom4 Pro 2.0 and he said there hasn't been.

Thanks Punchbuggy I'll have to try out those suggestions with the controller and let you know if anything improves. The tech said it was impossible to do any type of refresh or factory reboot on the craft using GO4. This isn't true?

I do also have the latest Assistant 2 software for Phantom4 Pro 2.0, it's 'DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom V2.0.0  / 2018-05-10'. Its not a mac issue, it's an issue with the aircraft not sending a signal. In my network preferences I am actually able to see that the craft is connected but is sending no signal to the computer.  The search feature unfortunately works terribly in these forums haha.
2018-6-18
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-18 15:17
While on the phone with DJI tech today, I asked if there had been any firmware releases for the Phantom4 Pro 2.0 and he said there hasn't been.

Thanks Punchbuggy I'll have to try out those suggestions with the controller and let you know if anything improves. The tech said it was impossible to do any type of refresh or factory reboot on the craft using GO4. This isn't true?

One thing I’ve tried in terms of searching is using Google. Often times Google will point to threads within the DJI Forums much better than the search function within the DJI Forums themselves. Just an idea.

I hope you can get this resolved quickly. I’ve had my P4P V2.0 for just over two weeks and have 10 flights totaling nearly 4 hours of flawless air time. Guess I should consider myself lucky. The only Firmware I’ve been asked to update is the Firware in the extra batteries I purchased.
2018-6-18
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

I have the V2 also as far as I know  the new DJI assistant for the V2 cannot refresh firmware Nor see any fw. The only firmware you have is what came on the quadcopter from the factory and that is not even on the assistant ....DJI knows about this the only thing you can do is calibrate Vision sensors you can't even pull data logs... so something was to happen like in your case you really can't do anything about it but send it back
2018-6-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-18 15:17
While on the phone with DJI tech today, I asked if there had been any firmware releases for the Phantom4 Pro 2.0 and he said there hasn't been.

Thanks Punchbuggy I'll have to try out those suggestions with the controller and let you know if anything improves. The tech said it was impossible to do any type of refresh or factory reboot on the craft using GO4. This isn't true?

Hi. You can refresh the controller with GO 4, although it may try to connect to the download server to do that - in which case you'll be stuffed. As already advised, there isn't a publically-available firmware there. Why? No idea, and I've never known DJI to do that before.
And the tech is right - when the craft is connected to Ass2 and you select to upgrade or refresh, it'll download the firmware every time - again, if it's there to offer (which it isn't). Arrgghh @#$#%$ !!

The old thread on a similar matter involving a Mac was solved with this: https://joshuawise.com/horndis
Sorry, but couldn't find the thread (just remembered it was RNDIS), and can't say why it's significant nor whether it's relevant to your specific Mac OS installation. Just more information for you to consider/research...
2018-6-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I was just wondering, it is not that you have either some security software that could block access to the USB communication or some software running that monitor those in order to automatic copy/sync pictures etc when a device is plugged in? - this could be the source of trouble in regards to Assistant2 connection.
2018-6-19
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

Hey KedDK - Hmm. No security software installed (its a mac) I have dropbox. one drive & creative cloud which do auto-syncing things, but not related to camera uploads because I have those features turned off.

I did try to update the controller last night per punchbuggys suggestion, but didn't get it to work.

I will most likely be exchanging at the dealer as I have a 30-day return policy. If DJI is not even offering any firmware for the 2.0  (if I could connect to Assistant2) i really have no choice.

2018-6-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-19 07:39
Hey KedDK - Hmm. No security software installed (its a mac) I have dropbox. one drive & creative cloud which do auto-syncing things, but not related to camera uploads because I have those features turned off.

I did try to update the controller last night per punchbuggys suggestion, but didn't get it to work.

Yeah, I think that's the best course of action for you now, given the option is there. Phew.

If you still have issues connecting Ass2 to the next, I'd suggest you look into the HoRDNIS driver. I confirmed last night that Ass2 does use the native RNDIS driver in Windows 10 to link with the craft, and HoRNDIS is a Mac port of that driver. Of course, I can't say why that isn't a common issue across all Mac users...
2018-6-19
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

Final update for this thread. I did get the replacement Phantom4 Pro 2.0. I tested to see if it would connect to Assistant2 and it worked fine! There's no firmware listed as was mentioned above, but confirms that the problem was not with Assistant2, but the aircraft itself being stuck in boot-up mode or whatever.

Meanwhile, DJ.., why would you NOT have any firmware posted in case someone needs to to a firmware refresh? How difficult is it to upload this file? Did someone just forget? Or are you wanting everyone to just return products?

Thanks to everyone who chimed in, I appreciate it.

2018-6-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Abuzz Aerial Posted at 2018-6-20 08:07
Final update for this thread. I did get the replacement Phantom4 Pro 2.0. I tested to see if it would connect to Assistant2 and it worked fine! There's no firmware listed as was mentioned above, but confirms that the problem was not with Assistant2, but the aircraft itself being stuck in boot-up mode or whatever.

Meanwhile, DJ.., why would you NOT have any firmware posted in case someone needs to to a firmware refresh? How difficult is it to upload this file? Did someone just forget? Or are you wanting everyone to just return products?

Great to hear this this resolved for you.

And, yeah, why DJI have not yet made the current firmware for the V2.0 available makes no sense. One of the most common trouble-shooting responses is "try refreshing the firmware". Well, umm, hey...
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules