Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What video editor do you use?
1739 8 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Trying to figure out the best/fastest/easiest/cheapest video editor to use for post production. Some of the videos on here look really goof
2015-5-15
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Which platform, Mac or Windows? What are the specs for your computer?
2015-5-15
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Mostly Mac
2015-5-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 on a beefed-up PC (a few terabytes of SSD storage, 32GB RAM and GTX980 video card).  You can see my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSqoJ2e2LrUKVJ044X9BEaQ/videos

There's a bit of a learning curve with all the tools, but I particularly like Adobe Premiere because it does virtually everything you could possibly want and there are lots of great tutorials and videos out there to help you learn any feature. As you get farther into the learning process, you'll also want to discover the use of LUTS and color correction tools to really get your videos to "pop."
2015-5-15
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I'm on the Mac.  For the last 9 years I've been on Final Cut 7 but am now finally transitioning to FCPx.

I find it works much better on the highly compressed h.264/MP4 files and has great features.    Requires a pretty grunty to machine to perform it's best.

I also use DaVinci Resolve for color grading/finishing.    You can see my tutorials on using these tools with DJI footage here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-9738-1-1.html

I now have a P3 Pro as well so I'll make some custom tutorials for the P3 soon!
2015-5-15
Use props
eThug
lvl.1

United States

I use Premier Pro CC.
2015-5-16
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Jim, That was a Great Tutorial about the LUTZ , I currently do stills for weddings, engagements ect. , I have a P3 pro on the way because i want that shot you just cant get any other way and getting into the video . I use photo shop for my Stills  now but need something I can learn quickly and still produce high quality production for video.
2015-5-16
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

If you're on a Mac, Final Cut Pro seems to be a heavy choice.

If you're a Windows person, I don't think Final Cut is available for that platform. But a relatively inexpensive but comprehensive editor seems to be Wondershare Video Editor. I think it retails for around $40 US.
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I'm on a Mac, and I use Final Cut Pro X. It works very well.

Regarding LUTs - anyone know of somewhere to download LUTs for the P3 (or the Inspire 1)? For free preferably.

@JimHare
What "Custom Style" do you use when shooting LOG-footage?

I've been doing 0 sharpness -3 contrast -3 saturation mostly so far, but also trying 0 sharpness -3 contrast 0 saturation.  Suggestions or experiences you'd like to share?

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules