Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I need an advice please
854 12 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numero 5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

I'm thinking of buying a new phone and using it exclusively for my Mavic Pro, but I'd like also to reduce the cost...
I'm thinking to buy a Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus (4gb of ram), but before buying it I'd like to know if it will work, and if I will be lag free in live video preview, since with my actual phone I have serious lag problems during flight.
Is anyone using this xiaomi model and could confirm me that it works well?

Thank you very much in advance
2018-6-18
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

To be honest save your money and buy an iPad mini 4. Worth the cost.
2018-6-18
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I use a Xiaomi Max2, 6.4 inch screen. (check specs on www and compare to your model)
Works great.

But if i had the money i would buy a Mini4

cheers
JJB
2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-18 02:43
To be honest save your money and buy an iPad mini 4. Worth the cost.

Totally agree mate.
2018-6-18
Use props
Numero 5
Second Officer
Italy

Thank you guys for the informations, but I'd like to remain on android if possible, and furthermore at this time I don't want to spend too much money for a device that I would use for drone only.
I have a galaxy s6 and for my daily use it works great, but when I use it with latest versions of DJI Go I have terrible lag
2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-6-18 03:35
Thank you guys for the informations, but I'd like to remain on android if possible, and furthermore at this time I don't want to spend too much money for a device that I would use for drone only.
I have a galaxy s6 and for my daily use it works great, but when I use it with latest versions of DJI Go I have terrible lag

The latest versions of the GO4 app have been updated and are now optimised for the iPhone 8 plus and X. The app is made for apple as it states on the back of the box the drone is shipped in... No point spending thousands on drones to use with a device that will prevent you from getting the most out of it.  
2018-6-18
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Meh, it says Android is supported on the box as well. They make a DJI 4 Go app for it and has over a million downloads by unique Adroid users. It has the exact same functionality as with Apple devices.
I have an IPad mini4, never use it and have not had any problems with using a couple of recent Android Phones. Like with any Android device, you should keep it clean from bloating for it to work best. And don't buy Samsung, they come bloated right out of the factory.
2018-6-18
Use props
Numero 5
Second Officer
Italy

Yes I would use this new device exclusively for Mavic, the big problem with my actual phone is that has enough ram to run dji go smoothly...
2018-6-18
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-6-18 04:01
Yes I would use this new device exclusively for Mavic, the big problem with my actual phone is that has enough ram to run dji go smoothly...

You could try giving it a factory reset to get rid of the bloat and see how it works. Especially if it used as a daily driver, ans being a 4 year old speced Samsung phone it bloats.

That said the Xiaomi has a pretty descent and capable chip in it, and especially if you are just going to use it exclusively with the Mavic, it wouldn't bloat by daily use. Don't know what the brightness of the display is, but that would be my main consideration if i'd look for a dedicated device for a Mavic.
2018-6-18
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I estimate that 80% of the people in the position to know will tell you that iOS is a better experience than Android devices.  And half of those 80% would recommend a mini 4.  Compound that with the fact that some Android devices don't really work at all with Go 4.  ALMOST all iOS devices will work with Go 4.
2018-6-18
Use props
Numero 5
Second Officer
Italy

Thank you very much LoSBoL, I have already tried to factory reset my galaxy S6 but unfortunately didn't helped (tried also to reinstall latest firmware on drone)
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you want to buy a phone dedicated for your DJI Mavic Pro. I will be glad to help you with this. If you will be buying a phone or a mobile device for your Drone. Please try to purchase a mobile device that is compatible with the Drone so that all of the functions of both the DJI Go4 application and the DJI Mavic Pro will work properly. Let me send you the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Pro for reference.

2018-6-18
Use props
Numero 5
Second Officer
Italy

Thank you DJI Stephen for the list, but as I wrote in previous posts I already own a galaxy s6 which is listed in compatibles device, but I suffer of heavy lag during flight (it's not only mine but also several other users with s6 have this issue because the phone is not powerful enough), so this list is not really trustable...
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules