1873 9 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying yesterday in the full sun, could barely see my ipad screen or my phone screen even with the hood and brightness all the way up.  I switched to flying my Mavic Air and could see everything on the Crystal Sky perfectly fine.  I tried my crystal sky with the P3S and it appears to work fine, I only changed the camera settings.

My question is, has anyone modded their P3S controller to accept a crystal sky mount?

Thanks in advance.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising this concern. I understand that you are looking for a mount for your DJI Crystalsky. Let me help you with this. I will be posting a link where you can see a mounting bracket for the DJI Crystalsky on your Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller.

https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... ion=2&vid=23531

2018-6-18
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-18 06:11
Hi. Thank you for raising this concern. I understand that you are looking for a mount for your DJI Crystalsky. Let me help you with this. I will be posting a link where you can see a mounting bracket for the DJI Crystalsky on your Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller.

https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=search-result-v2&position=2&vid=23531

Thanks for the reply.  I just want to confirm this will work with a P3S, even though it's not on the compatibility list?  I realize the controller may need a hole or two drilled.

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JSKCKNIT Posted at 2018-6-18 06:20
Thanks for the reply.  I just want to confirm this will work with a P3S, even though it's not on the compatibility list?  I realize the controller may need a hole or two drilled.

[view_image]

Theoretically speaking, they are not compatible as there is still no mounting plate for P3S for now. We'll release on our website as long as there is an update. Thanks for your attention.
2018-6-19
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just had to carefully drill one hole. Mounted perfectly. I thought about removing the USB cable, but I may use the mount on a different controller in the future.
IMG_00761.jpg
2018-6-23
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

JSKCKNIT Posted at 2018-6-23 12:47
Just had to carefully drill one hole. Mounted perfectly. I thought about removing the USB cable, but I may use the mount on a different controller in the future.

For what do you have all these stickers on your remote?
If you need to look at these stickers to remember what sticks and switches are good for you may run into problems soon.

Just kidding - Altzheimers is getting to a lot of us sooner or later ;-)

2018-6-23
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The stickers were on there when I bought the P3S used a year and a half ago.
2018-6-23
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

If one uses a Crystal Sky, does one still need a phone or tablet paired to the transmitter to manipulate the on-screen features?
2018-9-3
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 2018-9-3 12:41
If one uses a Crystal Sky, does one still need a phone or tablet paired to the transmitter to manipulate the on-screen features?

Nope. The Crystal Sky monitor has the Go 3 and Go 4 apps installed.  All the features are the same.
2018-9-3
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

That's a dream come true then.  My one hesitation is the initial cost of the Crystal Sky unit.  You already have one, so it is of no additional cost to you.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules